Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Z01T vs 8-T 2.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 03:50 PM
devilchrist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z01T vs 8-T 2.0

I think i've decided on the Z01T. but not not 100% comitted. z01t parts seem more available. and i have nothing but good things to say about hobby services. And there have been good reviews and feed backs from the people.

Any thoughts?

Buggy looks really good too.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Oasis TR

Default RE: Z01T vs 8-T 2.0

on parts availability an O'Donnell better than a Losi..I find it hard to believe..but if you say so..I have only seen a few run so I cant really say on it's performance other than Tebo was not winning with the Truggy..But I have seen a lot of 2.0 Losi's run and the team guys are winning with it..A few things..I dont like the durability of Losi's plastic..seems to develop a lot of slop in a very short time. Their are quite a few hop ups for it (I find it a bit unsettling that I need to spend $$ on a truggy that's almost $700). It may seem like I'm "slamming" on the 2.0 but it's just something I've noticed..The performance of the 2.0 (with the smart diff) is just amazing..the Z01T looks good but from what I have seen the 2.0 seems to be faster..and their are more of them at the race tracks for a reason..
Old 04-22-2009, 04:52 PM
INTEGRA

NO ONE will match Losi's part's availability PERIOD...Very Few shops carry OD car's and even fewer parts.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:08 PM
jzemaxx

Seen both in action, I would suggest the 2.0 8T.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:13 PM
devilchrist

they're both about the same price online, looking at the install manual of both, z01t seems to have incorporated bushings in where there are hine pins which can be replaced instead of the whole brace, cheaper in the long run if you're like me who's pretty rough with the car.

8T 2.0 shock towers look more durable, but chassis doesn't, and z01t towers look pretty slim compared to frame that looks pretty rugged. That smart diff is VERY tempting though

who knows. most likely be turned in to brushless anyways.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
mentat
My Feedback: (1)

As an owner of an 8ight-t 1.0 i know i have no problems getting parts. I would recommend the 8ight-t handsdown. ebay for example has tons of parts for losi based cars. odonnell, not so much.