Notices
Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Hacker C50-14XL

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 11:14 AM
The Flying Scot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hacker C50-14XL

I am in the process of setting up an Oxalys Evolution fitted with a Hacker C50-14XL competion motor and a Master Spin 99 opto ESC.

Cany anyone recommend what settings to use on the Masterspin. I have flown with the settings out of the box but find that the vertical downlines are very fast.

Regards

Arthur
Old 12-08-2008, 08:00 PM
OhD

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Hacker C50-14XL

You want to set up the brake. I set the ESC with a fixed initial point of 1.0 msec and a fixed end point of 2.0 msec. I then use the throttle cut and idle up/down functions to allow me to arm the ESC and set an idle and a brake at low throttle stick. With the throttle cut and idle down functions off you want a pulse width just over 1.0 msec that sets your idle rpm. With the idle down on, you want just under 1.0 msec to activate the brake. You will then need to set the throttle cut to some very low pulse width to arm the ESC. Mine is under .9 msec. Once in the air I switch on the idle down to activate the brake whenever I pull the throttle stick all the way down. The motor will not stop unless you lose all forward airspeed. That can happen in a spin so I normally turn it off for that maneuver. You can play with the brake settings. Start low and increase it until you are happy. You will find you can get too slow and will need to get on the throttle early when pulling or pushing out of a downline.

Jim O
Old 04-27-2009, 03:47 AM
The Flying Scot

Can anyone tell me what the best prop for this motor is?
It is fitted in an Oxalys but I am finding it is running out of power on a windy day.

Regards

Arthur
Old 04-27-2009, 08:49 AM
flyboy91
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Either a 21x14 prop works well with this combo, or for a little more speed the 20.5x14 apc prop works extremely well.
Andrew
Old 04-27-2009, 06:01 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi,

APC 20X15 is a good prop, specially for high wind / faster flying style. Worth a try :-)

Kjell Olav
Old 04-13-2013, 11:38 PM
crazyf3a

I think the RS 21x13 is the best for this Motor. It is a Special Ed. and was make by "Ralph Schweizer Modelltechnik"in Austria.
http://www.ralphschweizer.com/startseite.htm Look at the New Products.
You can buy by him. it is a wide prop and very elastic. The Prop weights 36-40 gr. and is made in Composite. The really best prop for me. Why not also for you?

Andreas