Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

New guy here!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 10:46 AM
IGOTSKILLZII

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy here!

Hi all, new guy here from Washington DC currently living in Waldorf MD. I am totally new at this RC thing and hope to find a home that would be comfortable where I can learn more about the cars and even maybe join up with a team. I have an uncle who introduced me to this hobby a few years back and I finally decided to go out and get one and i must admit I AM LOVING IT! He has about 7 or 8 cars/trucks 2 of them which goes 125mph. He also has a helicopter that's bad ass. Myself I bought the Jato 3.3 top speed 65mph which I love dearly. I look forward to being here and learning more. Feel free to hit me up anytime.

Me and a buddy are also trying to build or own dirt track. Wish us luck!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25429.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1188947  
Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 PM
budha24

Default RE: New guy here!

Welcome to the forums and good luck with the track. Their are a coupe threads about backyard tracks in the general forum. You can do a search for them.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:51 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forums and hope u enjoy ur time here!!!.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:09 PM
jikkuria

i miss my jato...
Old 05-02-2009, 06:00 AM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello, & welcome to the forums!
You got a heck of a first car, that jato is insane fast. youll need a good wide track for that one(or at least I would)
Hope you find a good club or local track close by, thats lots more fun than just bashin alone.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:10 PM
txtruggy

NICE TO MEET YA! im Khris from katy tx. the jato was my 1st truck too. that thing is awsome, but i found i was limiteed to where i could go and what i could do. moved up to a revo and never looked back. i still break out the jato when some fool or newbi wants to race. well welcome, and i hope u enjoy ur time here.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:57 PM
etc1006

Is Doug's Hobby Shop still around down there?
Old 05-05-2009, 11:33 AM
IGOTSKILLZII

Nah dude they took it down. The track was still there for years after the store closed but they recently took the track down as well. The owner Scott is a good friend of my uncle's and I believe his father wasn't feeling well so he went to the shop in California MD after closing the one in waldorf. But NOW that's gone too so there aren't any hobby shops near by. I'm looking to maybe open one myself if everything works out right!

I wanna thank you guys fir the welcome, I appreciate it! Too bad you can save ppl as friends, or can you?

Feel free to pm me. I'm always open to suggestions, thoughts, pictures, or any talk about these cars. I'm a cool guy.

Peace!
Old 05-05-2009, 11:36 AM
IGOTSKILLZII

I'll post pics soon in the appropriate forum, I have some new tires!