Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

red cat rock crawlers

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: red cat rock crawlers

Forums are great for this type of stuff. Some people don't like certain vehicles and some people do. Simple as that.

We have shipped about 400 Rockslides to date and have only heard good things from the dealers who bought them. I am sure as more people find this forum and use the vehicle that we will have others chime in to give their feedback. It may be good, it may be mediocre and it may be bad, but all that is fine. We want to hear what they say so we can continue to make the vehicle better.

I believe the Rockslide is a fun crawler for those that want to get into crawling. It is not for competition but more just to have a good time with. There are better products on the market that may cost more and there are worse ones too. Just when you make your decision do all your research, check it out first hand and if you get a chance to use one, do so before you spend your hard earned money.

There are some videos from other users on Youtube, another review on another forum and a Rockslide review being launched on RCU tonight.

Again, forums are great for this type of information. I welcome complaints about the product, advise on how to make them better and otherwise.

Darin

Old 05-04-2009, 06:16 PM
dezfan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: sheik480

Can you give me a list of bad products? Just so I don't buy 'em in the future.
It would be better to post a list of good quality crawling products.

Axial
Losi
XTM
EnRoute
HPI
Kyosho
Tamiya
Venom
Old 05-04-2009, 06:18 PM
dezfan

ORIGINAL: RedcatRacing

Forums are great for this type of stuff. Some people don't like certain vehicles and some people do. Simple as that.

We have shipped about 400 Rockslides to date and have only heard good things from the dealers who bought them. I am sure as more people find this forum and use the vehicle that we will have others chime in to give their feedback. It may be good, it may be mediocre and it may be bad, but all that is fine. We want to hear what they say so we can continue to make the vehicle better.

I believe the Rockslide is a fun crawler for those that want to get into crawling. It is not for competition but more just to have a good time with. There are better products on the market that may cost more and there are worse ones too. Just when you make your decision do all your research, check it out first hand and if you get a chance to use one, do so before you spend your hard earned money.

There are some videos from other users on Youtube, another review on another forum and a Rockslide review being launched on RCU tonight.

Again, forums are great for this type of information. I welcome complaints about the product, advise on how to make them better and otherwise.

Darin

Send me a PM Darin, I will be happy to explain how to make your product better.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

Forums are not here for you to flame and rip someones purchase apart. The forums are supposed to be here to support people who need help with the specific product that they own or purchased. Also, to share your thoughts on the topic given. You have something to say negative about the Redcat, fine. Stop being such a holier than thou a-hole about it. I personally could care less about your retarded status in the Crawling world. No one asked you to splay your life out before you spoke....Even funnier is that you have never even driven one and you have all that hatred. Maybe some people don't have sponsors and cash burning holes in their pockets to afford a $1000 modded super. We are glad you can....Rednecks, I swear.....

Z
Old 05-04-2009, 06:38 PM
The Real Dogman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, what happened to this thread?? Alot of good info gone now!! Geeze damned moderators!! Hack and slash and get rid of what "they" feel is not relevant or truthful.. This site needs help!! I have been along time loyalist, but, I dont know any more.....
Old 05-04-2009, 06:55 PM
dezfan

ORIGINAL: Zim-uh-tosa

Forums are not here for you to flame and rip someones purchase apart. The forums are supposed to be here to support people who need help with the specific product that they own or purchased. Also, to share your thoughts on the topic given. You have something to say negative about the Redcat, fine. Stop being such a holier than thou a-hole about it. I personally could care less about your retarded status in the Crawling world. No one asked you to splay your life out before you spoke....Even funnier is that you have never even driven one and you have all that hatred. Maybe some people don't have sponsors and cash burning holes in their pockets to afford a $1000 modded super. We are glad you can....Rednecks, I swear.....

Z
If giving an informed opinion is flaming, then I guess I'm guilty. Just trying to inform those who haven't made an uninformed purchase from throwing good money away.

FWI, I don't "hate" the Red Cat. I am just expressing my experience w/ others. I have indeed crawled the Red Cat, that and my long time crawling experience is how I came to my conclusions.

You don't need thousands of dollars to build a competition quality crawler. For the price of the Red Cat, I can build a competition worthy Super from Clod-buster axles and after market products. Perhaps only in the "retarded" crawling world does wanting good quality products make sense?

Liberals, I swear.....
Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 PM
dezfan

Darin,

I hope the information I gave you in my PM is helpful to you and Red Cat in offering a better product to the crawling community.

If there is anything else I can help you w/, feel free to contact me.

Dez
Old 05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, all feedback is helpful and thanks for that.

I shot you back a PM by the way.

Darin
Old 05-04-2009, 07:15 PM
dezfan

Got it Darin, PM returned and e-mail exchanged in expectation on my banning.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
drum_n_man

I do not see any problem with sharing your opinion, good or bad. I think the only question is in the wording of your posts. At least the moderators think so. You might call something cheap, I'd call it inexpensive. I'm me and you are you. I can see how someone would be offended by some statements but I would imagine these people are new to crawling/rc. The exact people these products are aimed for. I own a Redcat and had some problems as it was a new model, I'm not too new to r/c so it was expected. Darin and everyone at Redcat helped with whatever they could until the problem was fixed. They took input from their customers and fixed it. They are a small company and that is something a small company will do. They only have so many resources to do r&d and then have to release the product and wait for the feedback. I would also imagine that more than one person has their eye on the Rockslide now that there has been so much attention brought to it. In my own opinion, if you want people to stay away from a product, warn them but then don't talk about it anymore. Darin said it, do your research then buy. If it doesn't look like something that will work for you, don't buy it.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:53 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: dezfan

Foxy, please inform me of your Rock Crawling experience and more importantly, your direct experience w/ the Red Cat product in question?

I have have 5+ years of crawling experience and 25+ years of RC experience. I am a 2 time USRCCA qualifier and a 2.2 regional champion.

All of the information I have posted on the Red Cat is true. Your threats and abuse of Moderator powers will not change that fact, sway my post, or prevent me from posting the truth.

I stand by by statements and I hope those new to the sport benefit from my input and purchase quality produces instead of the junk Red Cat sells.

Sad that advertising dollars = Moderator protection here on RCU. Instead of standing up for the truth, you choose to sensor my educated, informed, and experienced feedback.

I fully expect to be banned for this post, so I hope several members are able to read it before it is erased and I am banned, but I fell that giving new participants in the sport real world experience and not paid for promotion and protection is important.
You must think we are power crazed nazis or something. Also, where did I threaten you?

Look, it's real simple, and has nothing to do with my crawling experience, or who's the 'champion'.

You are not going to get banned, or even put on moderation, and the only reason I am replying, and not deleting your post above, is so you don't have the impression that I am some kind of raving power hungry looney. Also, I'm quite interested to publicly respond to your outrageous accusations which in real life would amount to libel.

You had 4 posts deleted. 2 for using the acronym P*S (manufacturer bashing), one for attacking another member, and another because it was a reply to a deleted post. That's it, not complicated, not saying you were lying, it was the way you attacked the product that got your posts deleted.

Please review RCU rules before posting again, champ.

It seems to me that you already, despite my never having done or said anything to support this conclusion, believe I am somehow supporting our advertisers, where nothing could be further from the truth. Do you know me? Have we had interaction before? Do you spend time in the same forums as me? No, so quite why you think you know how I moderate, is beyond me. In response to the obvious 'you don't know me either', well... I don't need to. I moderate the community, it's my duty to remove such comments, whether I agree or not.

I hope that's clear, cos any more of this 'paid for promotion' stuff, and you will actually succeed in annoying me. I take great pride in NOT being one of those moderators, and if I was instructed to favour a product or company, I would not. Dezfan, if you wish to discuss this further (and I am more than happy to), lets do it via pm, calling out moderators in open forum will just get you more posts deleted.

Real Dogman, there was ZERO 'useful' information deleted from this thread. 6 posts removed from the first page for rule-breaking. Would you prefer I just stop moderating? Perhaps you could point out to me, the threads that have rule breaking posts in them, that you would prefer I did not moderate? That would be most helpful.

Right, back on topic please. Any more of this, and I will remove the whole topic, as it adds no value to the forum as is.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:55 PM
dezfan

No I do not think all moderators are power mad Nazi types. Your entitled to YOUR opinion and here you are in the position of power. I to am a forum moderator and I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Good day.

If anyone else has any questions about the Red Cat crawler, I'd be happy to try and answer them as politically correct as I possibly can.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:00 PM
MORNINGSTAR

I smell insense.

why do i smell insense?

lol

it seems like a real good beginner platform, but for that, personally id suggest the AX RTC or the losi roller.

but if for what ever reason those arent a possibility, id be fun to like , **** around with and stuff.

But what i thin Dez is saying, and id have to agree, id spend my 2 billz elsewhere given the oppertunity.
Old 05-05-2009, 08:06 PM
drum_n_man

ORIGINAL: Foxy

Foxy, please inform me of your Rock Crawling experience and more importantly, your direct experience w/ the Red Cat product in question?

I have have 5+ years of crawling experience and 25+ years of RC experience. I am a 2 time USRCCA qualifier and a 2.2 regional champion.

All of the information I have posted on the Red Cat is true. Your threats and abuse of Moderator powers will not change that fact, sway my post, or prevent me from posting the truth.

I stand by by statements and I hope those new to the sport benefit from my input and purchase quality produces instead of the junk Red Cat sells.

Sad that advertising dollars = Moderator protection here on RCU. Instead of standing up for the truth, you choose to sensor my educated, informed, and experienced feedback.

I fully expect to be banned for this post, so I hope several members are able to read it before it is erased and I am banned, but I fell that giving new participants in the sport real world experience and not paid for promotion and protection is important.
You must think we are power crazed nazis or something. Also, where did I threaten you?

Look, it's real simple, and has nothing to do with my crawling experience, or who's the 'champion'.

You are not going to get banned, or even put on moderation, and the only reason I am replying, and not deleting your post above, is so you don't have the impression that I am some kind of raving power hungry looney. Also, I'm quite interested to publicly respond to your outrageous accusations which in real life would amount to libel.

You had 4 posts deleted. 2 for using the acronym P*S (manufacturer bashing), one for attacking another member, and another because it was a reply to a deleted post. That's it, not complicated, not saying you were lying, it was the way you attacked the product that got your posts deleted.

It seems to me that you already, despite my never having done or said anything to support this conclusion, believe I am somehow supporting our advertisers, where nothing could be further from the truth. Do you know me? Have we had interaction before? Do you spend time in the same forums as me? No, so quite why you think you know how I moderate, is beyond me. In response to the obvious 'you don't know me either', well... I don't need to. I moderate the community, it's my duty to remove such comments, whether I agree or not.

I hope that's clear, cos any more of this 'paid for promotion' stuff, and you will actually succeed in annoying me. I take great pride in NOT being one of those moderators, and if I was instructed to favour a product or company, I would not. Dezfan, if you wish to discuss this further (and I am more than happy to), lets do it via pm, calling out moderators in open forum will just get you more posts deleted.

Real Dogman, there was ZERO 'useful' information deleted from this thread. 6 posts removed from the first page for rule-breaking. Would you prefer I just stop moderating? Perhaps you could point out to me, the threads that have rule breaking posts in them, that you would prefer I did not moderate? That would be most helpful.

Right, back on topic please. Any more of this, and I will remove the whole topic, as it adds no value to the forum as is.
I do believe the original topic said something like "what do you guys think" which would make almost everything said here on topic correct?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:42 PM
dezfan

ORIGINAL: drum_n_man

ORIGINAL: Foxy

I do believe the original topic said something like "what do you guys think" which would make almost everything said here on topic correct?

Winna winna, chicken dinner!
Old 05-05-2009, 09:02 PM
webdr

Guys,
Check out the review I wrote on it, and please watch the video.
Honestly, I played with this crawler for months w/o one single issue... nothing.

Doesnt that say something about its quality?
Yes, its not an Axial, or Venom Creeper, or HPI wheelie King converted, or Tamiya CR, or whatever else people try to compare it to, but it IS a decent performing crawler, at a good price and never once let me down while playing on the rocks.

I have this Crawler, along with 3 other crawlers, and countless other rc vehicles and the Rockslide is one of a few that I have that has yet to fail me in one way or another when playing.

What more do you want out of it?

Matt

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1112
Old 05-05-2009, 09:05 PM
webdr

double post
Old 05-05-2009, 09:47 PM
dezfan

After watching that video, I could think of several things off the top of my head.

IMO, the wheels base is to long, the tires are a direct copy of the Pro Line Moabs (except for the horrible compound) and look like they lacked grip on some not to difficult terrain, the quality of the plastic isn't what I would call hobby grade, the suspension geometry leaves much to be desired, the bumpers are a hindrance to it's approach angle, 8 shocks are really non necessary, replacement parts are hard to come by, no aftermarket support, ect.... ect... ect....

Again, just my opinion, not flaming anyone.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:16 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After watching that video, I could think of several things off the top of my head.

IMO, the wheels base is to long, the tires are a direct copy of the Pro Line Moabs (except for the horrible compound) and look like they lacked grip on some not to difficult terrain, the quality of the plastic isn't what I would call hobby grade, the suspension geometry leaves much to be desired, the bumpers are a hindrance to it's approach angle, 8 shocks are really non necessary, replacement parts are hard to come by, no aftermarket support, ect.... ect... ect....

Again, just my opinion, not flaming anyone.
Thanks for sharing a considered opinion, based on your obvious experience with these cars. [sm=thumbup.gif]

<there is no sarcasm here, if all your posts were like this, we would never have interacted, thanks for adjusting your posting style, I do appreciate it>