Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers
Reload this Page >

Question about lipo size (mAh) and "C" ratings

Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

Question about lipo size (mAh) and "C" ratings

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 12:28 AM
Re-Builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about lipo size (mAh) and "C" ratings

I am looking into getting a brushless setup for my 1/10th scale buggy and truck but have a question. I have heard that you should run it on the top half of the mAh rating. Is this true? Example would be that if I run a 5000mAh 2S pack, then at the the end of a race it should take 2500 mAh to top it off. I can't remember where I heard or read this but basically it was saying to only use the top half of the pack. The way I understand these Lipo's is as long as you stay above the minimum voltage, you are good. That's why they have the cut-off's.... right?

I am looking at the Novak Havok with 17.5 brushless motor and an unknown Lipo pack. I will be club racing in 5 to 6 min heats. Any clue as to the size of the (roar approved) Lipo I should look at? Don't need or want overkill on a battery pack but don't want to come up short either!!

Thanks everyone!

RB
Old 05-09-2009, 02:08 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Question about lipo size (mAh) and "C" ratings

I have heard to use up to 80% max. I've never heard to use 50% max. There's nothing wrong with either method. The minimum resting voltage should occur at near 80-90% (guess) and the cut-off is there as a last resort if you don't stop in time. sorry can't recommend specific batts.