Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

pz t28 trojan vibration

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 08:23 AM
thorn247
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pz t28 trojan vibration

I just swapped the prop on my Trojan after a nose over in some tall grass, now during a bench test i get a really bad vibration at 3/4 throttle, i have checked all screws, motormount and yes the prop is ballanced, i spun the prop on the prop adapter and re tightened and it got a little better. My question is can holding the plane back be causing the vibration because the prop and motor in theory is working harder? Should i try flying it and listen for it in flight? Any help would be greatly apreciated, Worst comes to wrst i could just stay out of 3/4 throttle range as it flies fine at 1/2 and full LOL

Thanks Dave
Old 05-12-2009, 09:49 AM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: pz t28 trojan vibration

Just fly her mine does that all over the place on the ground. Just watch in the air and see if it is moving side to side or up and down. I bet it will be just fine take off and enjoy.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:56 AM
tyrick69

The prop nut on the T-28 is unbalanced. If you rotate the location of the set screw in relation to the prop, you will notice more or less vibration. Mark your prop with a marker next to the set screw (so you know where you started) and then turn the adapter slightly, retighten, and test. I had to do alot of experimenting but finally found one alignment where I had much less vibration.
Old 05-12-2009, 02:05 PM
chief illini

I would also double-check the motor mount again very carefully...It is very easy to miss a small crack....

chief
Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM
thorn247
My Feedback: (6)

Thanks everyone, Funny thing i checked everything and put it back together and put the speed controller back in its slot infront of the battery, and no vibration! I bet the esc ads support to the structure when its wedged in where its supposed to be. Oh well back to flying
Old 05-13-2009, 07:47 PM
cjg

Vibration can also be:

Prop might be slightly out of balance, or warped.

Shaft in the motor is loose. Check to see if the shaft moves in and out. If it does, push it back slightly through the bearings and then move the rear retaining ring closer to the housing. This will reduce the shaft movement.

Have you had a crash? The motor shaft may be slightly bent. I had to replace one to eliminate a fairly minor vibration after a crash.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:18 PM
jaime.mi

I swapped the prop adaptor for a generic one with a collet type instead of a set screw. I also found hair line cracks on my motor mount. I enforced the motor mount with jb weld, I check my props for balance: its running on a 11 x 7 e very smoothly and fast!