Community
Search
Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP F-7F Tigercat

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:13 AM
Ron McGrath
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP F-7F Tigercat

Do you know what your elevator throws are?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:31 AM
Keithfl

Elevator

I use six flight modes, to cater for full flap / half flap / no flap and gear up / gear down conditions. Elevator throws are the same for all modes. What I did find was:

1. In landing mode (full flap / gear down) I removed all expo from elevator. With the reduced airspeed, elevator sensitivity does diminish, and removing expo does help with managing the flair. All other modes use 20% expo. With expo in landing mode, I did get that "running out of elevator" feeling, but it was really only a sensitivity issue. I think once you get in the groove on final approach, you condition yourself to make small, smooth corrections to flight path. But with expo, you need to be hauling back stick more aggressively than might seem natural. I wouldn't have thought 20% would make such a difference, but it seemed to.

2. With gear down, the flap setting has little or no impact on elevator trim. With gear up, full flap needs quite a dash of down elevator trim. It seems to be quite a linear effect, so half flap needs only half the trim.

Silly question, but you do check the CG with gear retracted, yes?
Old 05-07-2009, 04:38 AM
ghost.fr

ORIGINAL: Keithfl

Elevator

Where should be CG with ger retracted? At 117 or more back?

I did my CG at 117 with retracted up !! is that ok?? I needed 400grams in the noze thats ok?

thx
g
Old 05-07-2009, 05:20 AM
Keithfl

Yup, the specified CG is with the gear up.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 AM
CLBAKER

Ron I had the supplied air up spring down and now have Seirra and have had no problems. Nub
Old 05-07-2009, 06:44 AM
F82FAN

Elevator

I use six flight modes, to cater for full flap / half flap / no flap and gear up / gear down conditions. Elevator throws are the same for all modes. What I did find was:

1. In landing mode (full flap / gear down) I removed all expo from elevator. With the reduced airspeed, elevator sensitivity does diminish, and removing expo does help with managing the flair. All other modes use 20% expo. With expo in landing mode, I did get that "running out of elevator" feeling, but it was really only a sensitivity issue. I think once you get in the groove on final approach, you condition yourself to make small, smooth corrections to flight path. But with expo, you need to be hauling back stick more aggressively than might seem natural. I wouldn't have thought 20% would make such a difference, but it seemed to.

2. With gear down, the flap setting has little or no impact on elevator trim. With gear up, full flap needs quite a dash of down elevator trim. It seems to be quite a linear effect, so half flap needs only half the trim.

YES
Old 05-07-2009, 02:23 PM
ghost.fr

thx I had a stupid dought

did you guys had to put lots of weight extra in the noze?

thx
g
Old 05-07-2009, 06:31 PM
F82FAN

ORIGINAL: ghost.fr

thx I had a stupid dought

did you guys had to put lots of weight extra in the noze?

thx
g
All of my "nose weight" is in LARGE batteries. NO additional ballast required on mine with YS 1.20 4-Strokers plus on-board glow, plus Sierra Retracts. A bit over 26lbs now.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp43385.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1194071  
Old 05-09-2009, 12:41 AM
ghost.fr

ok thx mine is 28 (12K,4)
Old 05-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Capt G
My Feedback: (8)

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Painting is finally done! I know - it looks like all the others but it's a look I like.

Name:	Tq48584.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	1195336   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86952.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	1195337  
Old 05-10-2009, 01:26 AM
CHARLES WINTER

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Ghost, I have been flying mine now and it's EASY to fly. Mine weights 31 Lbs. and a few ounces. I took weight out after removing the RCV 91 engines. I now have Fuji 24. Weight doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm from the"Old School" I don't use Exponential. I don't think you need it on this type of aircraft. Dual Rate is adequate. I use Exponential on my Turbine Jet and Pattern aircraft. I believe the main concert is CG. Keep it on the Nose Heavy side during test flights. You can slowly take out weight as you get the FEEL of the aircraft. The worst situation is to takeoff with a tail heavy aircraft. Col. Chuck Winter

Name:	Om33814.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	131.9 KB
ID:	1195371  
Old 05-11-2009, 03:08 PM
ghost.fr

ORIGINAL: CHARLES WINTER

Hi Ghost, I have been flying mine now and it's EASY to fly. Mine weights 31 Lbs. and a few ounces. I took weight out after removing the RCV 91 engines. I now have Fuji 24. Weight doesn't seem to be a problem. I'm from the"Old School" I don't use Exponential. I don't think you need it on this type of aircraft. Dual Rate is adequate. I use Exponential on my Turbine Jet and Pattern aircraft. I believe the main concert is CG. Keep it on the Nose Heavy side during test flights. You can slowly take out weight as you get the FEEL of the aircraft. The worst situation is to takeoff with a tail heavy aircraft. Col. Chuck Winter
thx alot col.

Did the first 2 flights yesterday and only got a pb with a landing gear that turned in the air

today did 2 more flight and bumped on the second landing and damaged the wood on the gear and now have to repair it

And i did found then that tha wood used to build it is not of the best quality althout not the worse

I flys very well at fast speed but At lower its hard to make smooth turn without aving lots of "inersi"

I tryed different props and i'm at 9000 rpm on 14/7 with my saito 115 and then the bird is realy fast

this week i'll post a small video

thx
g
Old 05-11-2009, 09:43 PM
F82FAN

thx alot col.

Did the first 2 flights yesterday and only got a pb with a landing gear that turned in the air

today did 2 more flight and bumped on the second landing and damaged the wood on the gear and now have to repair it

And i did found then that tha wood used to build it is not of the best quality althout not the worse

I flys very well at fast speed but At lower its hard to make smooth turn without aving lots of "inersi"

I tryed different props and i'm at 9000 rpm on 14/7 with my saito 115 and then the bird is realy fast

thx
g
Hey G,
Congrats!
It's a great bird, once you sort out the bugs.
Hang in there!
Wally
Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 PM
F82FAN

Hey Capt G,
Nice job on the color n markings.
That was a LOT of nice work to get it to look like...ours!
I'd bet it is TONS better close up and the paint won't bubble in the sun, either...
Keep us posted.
Wally
Old 05-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Pylon2

I did not need any weight in the nose of mine with 2x Zenoan 20's. Mine weighs about 26lbs. cheers Richard.
Got a new bird to play with at the minute though!!!

Name:	Vt58155.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	1196904  
Old 05-12-2009, 03:01 PM
ghost.fr

THE VIDEO IS HERE : [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoJVRYsHZ2U[/youtube]

TRY IN HQ QUALITY ITS REALY GOOD VIDEO ACTUALY IM IMPRESSED BY YOUTUBE

ORIGINAL: F82FAN

thx alot col.

thx
g
Hey G,
Congrats!
It's a great bird, once you sort out the bugs.
Hang in there!
Wally
Old 05-12-2009, 05:55 PM
ghost.fr

more pictures added about final build and maiden flight : [link=http://gallery.me.com/gromano#100031]my picture gallery F7F[/link]
Old 05-12-2009, 06:09 PM
at-6 texan

hi ghost.fr we don't see the video.......
Old 05-12-2009, 06:19 PM
ghost.fr

ORIGINAL: at-6 texan

hi ghost.fr we don't see the video.......
try again in few minutes youtube is slow to update videos

it works for me now
let me know
g
Old 05-12-2009, 06:54 PM
at-6 texan

do you speak Italian?......tay so!!!!....non possiamo vedere il video perché dice che bisogna essere tuo amico e avere la tua autorizzazione per vederlo...
Old 05-13-2009, 12:53 AM
ghost.fr

ORIGINAL: at-6 texan

do you speak Italian?......tay so!!!!....non possiamo vedere il video perché dice che bisogna essere tuo amico e avere la tua autorizzazione per vederlo...
ok verifico grazie

VIDEO NOW OPENED SORRY
Old 05-13-2009, 08:52 AM
at-6 texan

nice video I thought the plane was not more great ... seeing the video I realized how small is this... however, and always an good aircraft.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Pylon2

Well Done to you.
Old 05-13-2009, 04:46 PM
F82FAN

ORIGINAL: Pylon2

I did not need any weight in the nose of mine with 2x Zenoan 20's. Mine weighs about 26lbs. cheers Richard.
Got a new bird to play with at the minute though!!!
HMMMM...
No round engines and only one propeller, to boot.
Well, this is a pretty liberal thread!
Old 05-15-2009, 11:13 AM
n9331v

ghost.fr very nice video. I will have my second done soon, also could you tell me the name of the song and the artist in your video.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.