Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

300 temp

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 10:56 AM
richardtf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 300 temp

i did some run with my tmaxx, i check the temp and its 300!!! i immediately shut the engine off,is my engine lean? i thought its not cause thers small portion of oil drip in the exhaust pipe its means that its not lean,what could be the cause of high temp?

thanks
Old 05-18-2009, 11:03 AM
mikewait

Default RE: 300 temp

Is your fuel filter blocked because it could put an extra strain on the engine to suck the fuel...
When you start to run our of fuel it becomes harder to suck the fuel and causes the temps to go up.
You might have to adjust your low and high end needles.
You should try cleaning you air filter...
And run you engine easy and don't run full speed up a hill on grass , because it puts a lot of stress on you engine...

Besides that i dunno maybe someone else can help you if that didn't work...
Good luck though

Old 05-18-2009, 11:35 AM
matts6887

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: richardtf

i did some run with my tmaxx, i check the temp and its 300!!! i immediately shut the engine off,is my engine lean? i thought its not cause thers small portion of oil drip in the exhaust pipe its means that its not lean,what could be the cause of high temp?

thanks
Well if anything, I would first do what one of the others mentioned; and that is to check ur fuel filter(if u have one that is) to make sure its not clogged with dirt or anything that would impede the flow of fuel to the engine. Also, If u are at all in doubt of the needle settings, which from the sounds of things I probably would be a bit; re-set the needles to defaults and try re-tuning it from there and see if that does anything for ya.

Old 05-18-2009, 12:44 PM
richardtf

okay thanks,i dont use fuel filter ill just set the needles again,or maybe i guess i have to set the HSN richer cause its quit hot here in texas 70F

ORIGINAL: matts6887

ORIGINAL: richardtf

thanks
Well if anything, I would first do what one of the others mentioned; and that is to check ur fuel filter(if u have one that is) to make sure its not clogged with dirt or anything that would impede the flow of fuel to the engine. Also, If u are at all in doubt of the needle settings, which from the sounds of things I probably would be a bit; re-set the needles to defaults and try re-tuning it from there and see if that does anything for ya.