Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Associated RC8T

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:45 AM
mecano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Associated RC8T

This thing is a piece of garbage. WalMart grade RC plastic body shocks, crappy radio (antena fell appart), OK motor. This thing is NOT ready to run, unlike the Losi, the air filter needs oil or you'll blow the engine. Bent a shock shaft on a mild jump. Unlike Losi, there is NO "support" from Associated. Get the Losi is much a better Truggy, we have one too and runs forever, and Losi actually "supports" customers.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:37 PM
dominicevans

Default RE: Associated RC8T

O.K ?
Old 05-04-2009, 05:41 PM
DrDremel

......?

Associated supports their customers much better than losi....and from everything you described, I doubt you even actualy have a RC8T, I have mine sitting on the couch beside me......one of the best quality r/c's on the market....

No offense, but you sound like a losi-boy screaming about something you don't even own? Maybe show us a picture of your issues and explain what actualy happened? And as far as AE's customer support, they are #1, they've replaced one motor and two fuel tanks for my ol RC8 free of charge.....
Old 05-04-2009, 07:27 PM
mecano

You sound like a AE rep. We have both trugs and the RC8T is junk, I've seen better quality stuff at Wal Mart. If you like them so much, I'll sell you mine. No wonder your is fine, sitting next to you on the couch. Keep it there or you'll break something.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:00 PM
savagehead
My Feedback: (25)

ORIGINAL: mecano

You sound like a AE rep. We have both trugs and the RC8T is junk, I've seen better quality stuff at Wal Mart. If you like them so much, I'll sell you mine. No wonder your is fine, sitting next to you on the couch. Keep it there or you'll break something.
Well if you are giving it away pm me and i will take it off your hands
Old 05-04-2009, 08:01 PM
dominicevans

are you going to provide pics or proof becuz u are the first to say such tings about the RC8T

if you are not going to do so this thread is gonna be pointless

Old 05-04-2009, 08:19 PM
K_B

I wouldn't necessarily say "AE Rep". There's another term that I'm thinking probably fits better. But just because you have problems with a certain brand of vehicle doesn't mean it's junk. I've seen people have problems, with RC8s, 8ights, X2s, ST-RRs, 808s, etc. It's the nature of the hobby... It's not always gonna be sunshine-n-rainbows... Plus, you bought an RTR. It's common knowledge that they cut corners; regardless of brand.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:16 PM
driller2948

This thing is a piece of garbage. WalMart grade RC plastic body shocks, crappy radio (antena fell appart), OK motor. This thing is NOT ready to run, unlike the Losi, the air filter needs oil or you'll blow the engine. Bent a shock shaft on a mild jump. Unlike Losi, there is NO "support" from Associated. Get the Losi is much a better Truggy, we have one too and runs forever, and Losi actually "supports" customers.

mecano
Last Login: 5/4/2009

Joined 5/4/2009? First post 5/4/2009? I wonder what his ajenda was? Just to bash AE or the RC8T?

I have owned quit a few AE products and there CS is great! Never owned a LOSI and have nothing bad about any of there products!

Members like this should have there accounts monitored.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:33 PM
mecano

I am comparimng both RTR models, and the Losi has been to many nasty crashes and nothing bad has happened. The Associated on the other hand, on the first day bent a shock shaft and body on a jump landing, nothing too big. The radio on the Losi is DSM Spectrum of much better quality than the AE, the antena on the RC8T radio broke getting out of the box. May be the AE can be upgraded with better stuff but the Losi comes really ready to race with better quality components. If you don't believe me go ahead and buy this car, I just wish that I'd had read a true comparison of the two models before I blew $700.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:19 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Shocks are always a question mark when it comes to jumping.. The best shocks on any RC I've ever had are the ones on my LST2. Stock out of the box though they were NOT ready to go, not by a long shot. Some 30wt oil and upgrade springs though, and well two years later they're still going strong.. I love my LST2, so to that extent I'm a Losi fan...

My truggy though is an RC8T (kit).. And so far, it's abso-freakin'-lutely awesome...

Also, for what it's worth, my decision between 8T and RC8T was partially influenced by the Losi's reputation for developing slop extra quickly, thus requiring more frequent part-replacement..

Anyway, maybe the RC8T just needed some setup tweaking out of the box?....

And actually, the RTR supposedly has better chassis braces. The basic rep of the RC8T kit is that it's a top-notch racer, the only real issue being stupid chassis braces that either bend or have popped-off ball-ends.. Hasn't happened to me yet, but when it does I'm getting RTR braces(or billet alu - would be keen to hear which is the better choice.......)
Old 05-05-2009, 07:18 AM
driller2948

Mecano sorry to hear about the problems you had. Glad to see you toned down some. Looks like some of the RC8T owners will tune in and offer some good advise or make an offer to buy your problem
Old 05-05-2009, 06:48 PM
romax

How much you want for that piece of junk? Sounds like it's not worth much.
Old 05-05-2009, 11:16 PM
mentat
My Feedback: (1)

LOL. what a joker. Why did you buy it? Should have done your homework, I'm betting you are brand new to the hobby and wrecked it cause you dont know how to drive or maintain it properly. AE makes outstanding products. sounds like its just a P.E.B.R.A.K (problem exist between radio and kit)
Old 05-05-2009, 11:46 PM
race raider

ORIGINAL: romax

How much you want for that piece of junk? Sounds like it's not worth much.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:42 PM
kevinmansouri

Mecano, I've had my RC8T since Jan of 09 and i've run it on a track 2 weekends out of every month since. I've broken a CVT and that is all. I'm thinking this truck is pretty tough. I did go through and tighten and threadlocked some stuff. I agree the radio is garbage, but that comes with the territory of an RTR. I love this truck, we are very happy together.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:42 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: DrDremel

......?

Associated supports their customers much better than losi....and from everything you described, I doubt you even actualy have a RC8T, I have mine sitting on the couch beside me......one of the best quality r/c's on the market....

No offense, but you sound like a losi-boy screaming about something you don't even own? Maybe show us a picture of your issues and explain what actualy happened? And as far as AE's customer support, they are #1, they've replaced one motor and two fuel tanks for my ol RC8 free of charge.....

And you know this how exactly ? ?....you openly said you've never owned a losi product before...yet you seem to know exctly how Horizon handle's their CSduties......Losi is BYFARthe bigger of the 2 companies and has More then their share of buggy's out there.....and with the small issues the losi has had....Horizon has stood behind them 1000%.....You haven't even been around long enough to know what's what as far as buggy's are concerned...and yet you think the RC8 is all that and a bag of chips.....Im not Bashing the Rc8 in any way shape or form as i know anything can win on sunday and sell on monday but it take's a real Bised person to say stuff like you do in reference to the losi and the AE cars.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:57 AM
Rebeldude
My Feedback: (5)

I think anyone that has been in the hobby for awhile knows that AE and Losi are good companies that make good products.   I have had both and like them both but kept the AE stuff do to parts availability in my area.  Yes, all companies make mistakes with design and such but most try to resolve them.  Don't be a hater.

I will also take that RC8T off your hands if you hate it and it is such junk.

Old 05-19-2009, 06:21 PM
mgtwpicco27

Mercado, you sound like a real a-hole. To start a thread out like that just to start crap because why? Because maybe you can't drive and broke a shock, was that the only problem you had with it, that and the crappy radio. The losi comes with a better RADIO, that doesn't make it a better truck, that is a matter of consumer opinion. And I have had no problems with associateds cs. I have the 8ght t and I also have the rc8 too. I actually could not decide which I like better, so I am going to get the 8ght 2.0 and the rc8 t, that way Iwill have both buggy and truggy from associated and losi. Best of both worlds. Good luck, DW.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:39 AM
DrDremel

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

And you know this how exactly ? ?....you openly said you've never owned a losi product before...yet you seem to know exctly how Horizon handle's their CSduties......Losi is BYFARthe bigger of the 2 companies and has More then their share of buggy's out there.....and with the small issues the losi has had....Horizon has stood behind them 1000%.....You haven't even been around long enough to know what's what as far as buggy's are concerned...and yet you think the RC8 is all that and a bag of chips.....Im not Bashing the Rc8 in any way shape or form as i know anything can win on sunday and sell on monday but it take's a real Bised person to say stuff like you do in reference to the losi and the AE cars.

Ok, first off, I HAVE owned losi products, which is why I HATE them. I have hated losi since the horizon take-over, because their principles strayed away from QUALITY and went to QUANTITY. And, before you go off pretending like you actualy know what the hell you're talking about, just remember you have no right to judge my experience. I have been a avid r/c enthusiast since the 90's, I also worked in a hobby shop and dealt with repairs and what not. I have been around long enough to know you're a outright moron that frustrates more people than you aid! Yes, IAM biased to AE, simply because from MY experience, they have been the best brand at the right price for me, but I have admitted to being biased on more than one ocassion! You need to step off that high horse you're riding and come back down to earth before somebody smacks you off of it.

Tact- the ability to make a point without making a enemy
Maybe you should practice that.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:46 PM
silverman1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kevin when are you and your rc8t getting married!!!!   You all need to buy a duratrax raze rtr truggy with fm radio, only cost me $165.00,  50 feet or 50 yards which ever comes first.  Did you not know duratrax is going to the worlds and i am thier team driver!!! 
Old 05-21-2009, 06:32 PM
For_The_Win

Its not the car its the driver!!
Old 05-21-2009, 10:25 PM
worstluck

sounds like he broke it, got mad and blamed the radio.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:53 AM
CrysisFX

yea that associated radio is really pretty good. and of couse the eight is going to be better its 200 dollars more. with that extra 200 dollars you could hae bought the AE rc8t kit with a cheap motor and decent radio.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:01 AM
dominicevans

ORIGINAL: CrysisFX

yea that associated radio is really pretty good. and of couse the eight is going to be better its 200 dollars more. with that extra 200 dollars you could hae bought the AE rc8t kit with a cheap motor and decent radio.
lol Really?

AE kit: $550
cheap engine : $140

oops thats almost $700 with no radio, servos, starterbox, and batteries

Old 05-31-2009, 11:57 PM
SplitSecound

Partner: With all do respect too you, I like LosiRC Vehicle's too. But one thing I can tell you is, I go way back into this hobby since I was a little boy, and Team associated has been around for a long time. Even a lot longer than team losi. But associated hold;s more wins then team losi. Team Assoiatedstarted out in 1963, While team losi on the other hand started out, around 1988. They hold many win under their belt and so does losi. Compare the differance between the too and see who hold's more win's and has been around the longest and the rest will tell you everything. Im not going to tell you that I know every thing, because I don't, I would be lying too you.To me I learn newthings everday. But associated will always be # 1.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.