Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CMP GILES 202 40 size

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CMP GILES 202 40 size

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 09:39 PM
jeffreyheslop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMP GILES 202 40 size

hi i have just bought a cmp giles 202 40 size, used. but it didn't come with any manual so i have a few questions if anyone can help me out.
where can i get a manual, that would be the best. the fuel tank, the guy that had it before me mounted it to the wing under teh cannopy. the only problem is that it is too far from the engine, not enought presure to keep the fuel flowing during vertical flight. the servo for the throttle was a prob but my friend helped me out by making a brase for the servo and mounting it just above teh front of the wing under the cannopy.
where is the c of g we are not sure where that is about, when were flying her she seems to be a bit tail heavy.
and the engine thrust line, should it be facing down a bit?
if anyone could hepl me with these few questions i would be most greatful
thankyou for you time
Old 05-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Sourkraut

Default RE: CMP GILES 202 40 size

Hi.... I have the exact same plane (my second one to be exact) but that is another story.I have the tank tucked into the front of the fuselage right behind the firewall. I am not to sure at this moment on the CG as I don't have my manual in front of me right now, but I can get you any info on it that you would like on Thursday night when I get back home. I also have the throttle servo installed into the compartment beneath the tank ( there should be a small hatch on the bottom front of the fuse).
Both mine are, and were,terriffic flying planes when balanced correctly....it will land as light as a feather.
I am flying both mine without the cowl on as I prefer the "Stick" look.

You can let me know if you want me to provide some info

Cheers
Curt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11052.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	1202152   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55868.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	1202153   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51176.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1202154  
Old 09-11-2011, 09:29 AM
dudual

Default RE: CMP GILES 202 40 size

ORIGINAL: Sourkraut

Hi.... I have the exact same plane (my second one to be exact) but that is another story.[img][/img] I have the tank tucked into the front of the fuselage right behind the firewall. I am not to sure at this moment on the CG as I don't have my manual in front of me right now, but I can get you any info on it that you would like on Thursday night when I get back home. I also have the throttle servo installed into the compartment beneath the tank ( there should be a small hatch on the bottom front of the fuse).
Both mine are, and were, terriffic flying planes when balanced correctly....it will land as light as a feather.
I am flying both mine without the cowl on as I prefer the ''Stick'' look.

You can let me know if you want me to provide some info

Cheers
Curt

hi !!
i have same plane
how do i connrct the wing to the body???