Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Volcano t2

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:42 PM
Dashiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Volcano t2

I was wanting to see how many people have this truck and what they think about it? I have the volcano pro and I put the two speed tranny from the tornado in it but I was never really impressed with its performance. I was wondering how the t2 trannys power to weight ratio is... The gearing in my truck is too tall and by the time it shifts to second it doesnt have enough rpms to pick up any more speed in second gear... I was hoping the new t2 tranny would be an inprovement.. Thanks for any and all imput!
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 PM
chevyderek72

Default RE: Volcano t2

Really for offroading you want a single speed, the 2 speeds are good for going in a straight line on road, but not the greatest for off roading.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:28 PM
Dashiz

Well I finally got my t2 in the mail. I had a chance to break it in this weekend... I ran five tanks through it and allowed it to cool between each tank. I used a durtrax temp gun to moniter the temp throughout the process and I never let the temp get above 220. After going through all this I was glad to get to open it up and see what it could really do!!! A few fast passes later and i was really impressed with its acceleration and top end! Until it all came to a GRINDING HALT I didnt have time to take it apart to see what is wrong but i am hoping it just needs a clutch in the clutch bell and not a new transmision. I noticed that the front drive shaft was lose and jamed in the front drive cup because it was about to fall out. I have read on this forum that another individual had that same problem and it was because it didnt have the red o rings in it from the factory. I thinkmy truck is missing those too! I am not sure what the warranty is on these trucks but they should last longer than six tanks! I am not new to nitro and I have no doubt I will get the truck up and running again... My only question is how much is it going to cost me and how much time is it going to take? You should be able to spend more timedriving the car than fixing it! Feel free to share your opinions with me!
Old 05-21-2009, 04:29 PM
Dashiz

I thought maybe if someone from redcat had time they could reply to my question. Should the gears in transmission on the t2 be rubbing the transmission housing to the point that the transmission locks up after only six tanks? I followed the brake in instructions to a t. This is my fourth redcat and my second volcano and i was hoping to have better luck with it. Is the transmission covered under any kind of a warrenty? I know with nitro cars there are lots of things that can go wrong but I just finished breaking it in and was driving it on the street and in my opinion I wasnt being very hard on it for it being an off-road truck! thanks for any and all help!
Old 05-21-2009, 06:40 PM
chevyderek72

Im not sure i dont have one, but if you dont get a reply on the forums try emailing redcat. They are pretty busy and dont get much time to get on the forums.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:37 PM
brooksc

hey that was me with the oring problems....after several calls and emails i was able to send in my truck..they did me right...didnt charge me for certain parts then only half for the rest....BUT they didnt even fix it all the way after i taped a note to the specific broke part AND emailed them asking about it after they said it was all fixed...and they checked it and fixed more parts but NOT that part...lol they cut my antenna off too...in half..no clue why..but after i saw it wasnt completely fixed i called and they sent me out the parts no problem and no charge..
so my best advice is to CALL redcat..dont email them....call and ask for nick..he should help you out..as of now my t2 is up and running good after i replaced the rest of the parts..although i noticed its missing a nut on a piece they replaced and they messed up the header gasket or didnt put permatex or something back on it.....so i need to fix that too...... ..so im not too impressed with the tech that fixed mine up..but the price was good and the turn around was fairly quick
good luck.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 PM
julio_gyn

I have a T2, its my first nitro rc, im impressed... never had anything that fast.....

is a bit weak, broke the front lower arm, the top arm holder, and the last time lost one of those fixings on the small shaft for the carb.... the breakage was my fault, but they are weak, lol...

very happy anyway....