Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

OFFICAL SC10 thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 09:26 AM
04DarkShadowGT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICAL SC10 thread

ORIGINAL: dezfan

ORIGINAL: 04DarkShadowGT

ORIGINAL: voodoo51

Can you run 1/8 wheels with adapters on these?
No adaptors available that I'm aware of for the SC10, plus it would kind of kill the purpose of the class.
Al ot of people put 1/8 scale buggy wheels on the slash. They are actually very close in size and there are more options on buggy wheels.

The adapters would probably work on the rear of the SC10 but there is nothing for the front at this time.

A lot of people smoke crack, doesn't make it the right thing to do.
Why would it be wrong? Same size, similar weight, more selection of tires. I dont get your point, oh thats right you dont have a valid one.
The SCT rules forbid the use of 1/8 buggy tires and wheels. It's the wrong thing to do because it ruins the scale appearance of the SCT class. There are lots of tire of the week classes (like stadium trucks for example), the SC classes are popular do the scale appearance and performance.

Oh wait, that was a valid point, your bad.
Believe it or not alot of people who have these dont actually race them. And if they do simply switch back to stock if the rules say you need to run them. Again there is nothing wrong with wanting more tire selections.
Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM
str8.krooked

ORIGINAL: voodoo51

Can you run 1/8 wheels with adapters on these?
No adaptors available that I'm aware of for the SC10, plus it would kind of kill the purpose of the class.
Al ot of people put 1/8 scale buggy wheels on the slash. They are actually very close in size and there are more options on buggy wheels.

The adapters would probably work on the rear of the SC10 but there is nothing for the front at this time.

A lot of people smoke crack, doesn't make it the right thing to do.
Why would it be wrong? Same size, similar weight, more selection of tires. I dont get your point, oh thats right you dont have a valid one.
The SCT rules forbid the use of 1/8 buggy tires and wheels. It's the wrong thing to do because it ruins the scale appearance of the SCT class. There are lots of tire of the week classes (like stadium trucks for example), the SC classes are popular do the scale appearance and performance.

Oh wait, that was a valid point, your bad.
SNAP! j/k. You guys are great!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:25 AM
str8.krooked

ORIGINAL: droppedgmc

ORIGINAL: whipnet

Hey guys, sorry for the lame question, but what seems to be the main setup for going BL with these?

Thanks

17.5, 13.5, 10.5
I'm running a 13.5, Novak GTB, 75/22, and 2s Lipo (5000). Plenty fast! So far motor isn't getting too hot, but we'll see as I drive it more. I took it for several top speed runs in front of the house and it was fine. I'm sure it'll be a little different on the track.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:46 PM
dezfan

It's your money, but if your a basher, why not just get the Slash? That's it's true calling.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:34 PM
04DarkShadowGT

It's your money, but if your a basher, why not just get the Slash? That's it's true calling.
Cant argue with you there.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:19 PM
DrivenProductions

We got a couple request to make these adapters so we did

Their 12mm delrin wheel adapters that let you run traxxas slash rim/tires on your SC10.
Since the front wheel bearing for the SC10 are smaller than the slashes we included a delrin ring that fits over the stock SC10 bearing in the set.
(you can buy slash front bearings if you don't want to run the ring)

We shipped this week to our distributor www.thetoyz.com and expect them to be in stock on Tuesday of next week.
price to be announce next week when their in stock.

Kind Regards
Driven Productions
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zw69362.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	418.8 KB
ID:	1195781   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uq49548.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1195782   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28821.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	80.1 KB
ID:	1195783  
Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 PM
droppedgmc
My Feedback: (18)

nice^^..more wheel/tire options
Old 05-10-2009, 07:48 PM
losifiend

ORIGINAL: nzdans

OK, wasn't going to tinker with my toys tonight but got to thinking about this wheel issue and I have found a solution of sorts. I have mountains of B4 wheels and tyres as well as a few truck tyres. I have found that although a bit narrow for truck tyres the B4 rear wheels have the right dish. I first tried some Moabs, no way - far too big to fit and massively tall. Next shot sand paws, look pretty good - popped one on the truck, a bit of rub on the inside of the rear fender when the suspension is compressed. Lastly some HPI Yokohama Geolanders, very slight rub when compressed. I reckon I'll be using the last two setups!!

I reckon shaping the foam for the Geolander should eliminate the rub, unfortunately the Sand Paws don't use foams, I'll just tape the inside of the guard and have an excuse to paint up a new shell once it wears through..

How they look:

Sand Paw -

Stock -

Geolander -

Geolanders work great. I use them on my Slash. HPI Sand Thrower paddles work great for these trucks too being that they have a lower profile than the proline paddles. If you are looking for good bashing tires the Proline, Mulchers also have a low profile that work awsome with these trucks.

I wanted to get an SC10 but I think if I set up my Slash a bit better, and spend more time at the track, it will be just as good of a truck as the SC10. The SC10 body is way better looking though, IMO, than any one offerd for the Slash.
Old 05-14-2009, 09:56 AM
oldschool77
My Feedback: (3)

Bottom line...SC10 spanks my Slash and it is a great basher too.

I ripped out the crappy stock RTR radio/servo for a Slash servo and DSM gear and transponder. If anyone thinks this truck shouldn't compete with a Slash you are mistaken. Get your ROAR approved gear and it always comes down to the driver. Even with the clear advantages of CG, much lighter weight, superior scale looks and race DNA a good driver in a Slash will beat a noob in an SC10. We have seen dopes who race Vettes get spanked by GT Mustangs all over the net...same rules apply here. But to not allow this to run with Slash with a ROAR setup is crap. AE wasn't stupid when they made the dimensions nearly identical in track/wheelbase/etc. It should be allowed to run with any Slash any day.

First impressions of the RTR are...

Use the supplied shims for the diff, fill with some 50W oil, add some fuel tubing to the diff cups and break in that motor properly. Makes a world of difference.

AE servo=crap. Grab a Slash 2075 and go to town and be SPEC.

You don't need BL to have fun. The motor it comes with, although it has bushings, has plenty of pep. The ESC has a lipo cutoff and is actually water resistant.

Dial in some camber up front and it turns on a dime.

Check your initial slipper setting...out of the box mine was a full 3 turns out! 3/4 out seemd perfect although I have only run street thusfar.

Throw some JB weld in the voids of the wheels to prevent them from rounding out. For the record...black wheels pwn silver. Excellent fitment and scratch resistance from what I researched compared to the kit.

Rear side bite is a bit of an issue but for the spirit and style of CORR I like it alot. Goose bumps on the way just to try them out.

I love the handling..."like a gazelle" on the jumps haha!

Chassis skid plate brace is a must..mine coming in today from ebay.

I also bought 5/64 replacements for the king pin screws because I hate small hexes that strip if you look at them wrong LOL

Overall...excellent execution. I hat ethe tiny hexes but what are you going to do.

Is the Slash the better basher? I would say yes but then why not just grab a stampede? What good is semi-scale looks if it never sees a track with other SC's?

Old 05-14-2009, 07:28 PM
whipnet

Picked up a kit today. Looks great. I'll be starting the build next week. Are there any gotcha's you guys who've built these can tell me? Pretty straight forward build?

I've built many kits and I know most have little snags here and there.

Any obvious hop-ups I can do right off the bat? The front part of the chassis seems a little weak.

I will be going with a Castle Sidewinder BL setup, or the Traxxas VXL system. I've been real happy with that in my Slash.

Can't wait to start and thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 05-14-2009, 08:10 PM
Casper06

It is a pretty straight forward build very simple if you follow the directions and it is nice the way AE puts the parts in a bag you need by steps. Two things you will need for the build a caliper or ruler because if you adjust your turnbuckles based off the pictures some aren't scale. The second thing I would pick up are 48P pinion gears the kit does not include them. You didn't list what KV system you are running but for mine MM 5700KV I found that the 16t or 17t works best without getting hot but depending on the kind of weather you have you may need to adjust it.

That's a nice car oldskool! I need to order another shell mine is pretty torn to hell from all the wear, probably the most used car in my line up right now.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:37 PM
whipnet

ORIGINAL: Casper06

It is a pretty straight forward build very simple if you follow the directions and it is nice the way AE puts the parts in a bag you need by steps. Two things you will need for the build a caliper or ruler because if you adjust your turnbuckles based off the pictures some aren't scale. The second thing I would pick up are 48P pinion gears the kit does not include them. You didn't list what KV system you are running but for mine MM 5700KV I found that the 16t or 17t works best without getting hot but depending on the kind of weather you have you may need to adjust it.
Great advice Casper, thanks for taking the time. I will be running the 5700kv and most likely the 16t.. I like the Losi pinions personally. Thanks for the heads up on the turnbuckles, I have a caliper.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:28 AM
rbjeepthing

Picked up a kit today. Looks great. I'll be starting the build next week. Are there any gotcha's you guys who've built these can tell me? Pretty straight forward build?

I've built many kits and I know most have little snags here and there.

Any obvious hop-ups I can do right off the bat? The front part of the chassis seems a little weak.

I will be going with a Castle Sidewinder BL setup, or the Traxxas VXL system. I've been real happy with that in my Slash.

Can't wait to start and thanks in advance for any advice.

The front steering link contacts the shock tower needed to file it a little. Third one I have seen do this. Shim the rear dog bones or the will click/fall out on full extension/compression of the suspension. File a little of the cross bar on the rear control arm as the outer cup contacts it at full extension of the suspension. Other than that take your time and have fun putting the kit together.

I run the CC SW 5700 87T Spur and 16p and temps seem to be around 100-130. More than enough power low and high.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:07 AM
whipnet

ORIGINAL: rbjeepthing

The front steering link contacts the shock tower needed to file it a little. Third one I have seen do this. Shim the rear dog bones or the will click/fall out on full extension/compression of the suspension. File a little of the cross bar on the rear control arm as the outer cup contacts it at full extension of the suspension. Other than that take your time and have fun putting the kit together.

I run the CC SW 5700 87T Spur and 16p and temps seem to be around 100-130. More than enough power low and high.
Excellent! I'll look out for all of these. Thanks much!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:55 PM
whipnet

ORIGINAL: rbjeepthing
The front steering link contacts the shock tower needed to file it a little. Third one I have seen do this.
If you are talking about the pic below then you can make it 4 people.

Couldn't wait until Monday to start. Ordered the Sidewinder and 5700kv for it tonight.

So it is born

Old 05-21-2009, 07:26 PM
XtremeNosediver

New to the forums here so hello 2 everyone. I have a Team Associated SC8 aTraxxas Slash and a Rustler VXL but TODAYI got a Associated SC10 RTR kit today and love it so far but was wondering if any one makes a external cooling fan like the Integry ones for the SC10 Reedy rtr brushed electric motor. I feel it's running a little hot but not horrible but enough for concern IMO really, so any help or to lead me in the right direction would be nice to find one or something 2 help. Also I do have a extra Specktrum SR3000 RX and a Specktrum radio too so I have a aux hookup on the reciever ( using all stock tx and rx 4 now) to install a fan cause I really think it needs one. I do have one laying around that I haven't opened for my Traxxas Titan 12T motors for my slash and rustler the Integry one, but pretty sure it wont fit "I assume" but will see how that mounts 2night but I dont think its even close .One thing though is this is the first time using it and I used a 7.2v NIMH 5000mah Venom pack but I know you have 2 break them electric motors a little bit but if its just a temperary thing that will go away that would be nice 2 but I prefer keeping the stock motor for a while since its rebuildable and extending life by cleaning it and helping cool the engin temps will helpfully make that possible I would think.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 AM
rbjeepthing

ORIGINAL: XtremeNosediver

New to the forums here so hello 2 everyone. I have a Team Associated SC8 aTraxxas Slash and a Rustler VXL but TODAYI got a Associated SC10 RTR kit today and love it so far but was wondering if any one makes a external cooling fan like the Integry ones for the SC10 Reedy rtr brushed electric motor. I feel it's running a little hot but not horrible but enough for concern IMO really, so any help or to lead me in the right direction would be nice to find one or something 2 help. Also I do have a extra Specktrum SR3000 RX and a Specktrum radio too so I have a aux hookup on the reciever ( using all stock tx and rx 4 now) to install a fan cause I really think it needs one. I do have one laying around that I haven't opened for my Traxxas Titan 12T motors for my slash and rustler the Integry one, but pretty sure it wont fit "I assume" but will see how that mounts 2night but I dont think its even close .One thing though is this is the first time using it and I used a 7.2v NIMH 5000mah Venom pack but I know you have 2 break them electric motors a little bit but if its just a temperary thing that will go away that would be nice 2 but I prefer keeping the stock motor for a while since its rebuildable and extending life by cleaning it and helping cool the engin temps will helpfully make that possible I would think.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:06 PM
whipnet

Hey there Nosediver, welcome to RCU.

Old 05-26-2009, 04:41 PM
FoamyVictim

I just got through uploading some pics of my SC10 RTR

Old 05-26-2009, 06:03 PM
LoonyRacing

A couple of friends in California broke their chassis after a high lawndart...
So I thought I would share my part.

-Direct fit for the T4/SC10 chassis
-Constructed of .063 Alum or un-painted Stainless steel
-CAD designed
-Laser cut
-Flat matte black finish
-Light weight and strongest made
-Made in the USA

The chance of you breaking your chassis is low but it has happened to some SC10's,
Equip your SC10 or T4 with a Loony Racing Chassis brace and decrease the chances of a nasty break even more-

Available now- 15.00
plus 5.00 shipping anywhere in the lower 48

Paypal orders >>> [email protected]

All confirmed paid orders ship next business day.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:44 PM
whipnet

Nice, I'll be wanting one of those SS ones.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:58 PM
LoonyRacing

Nice, I'll be wanting one of those SS ones.

They arrive Thursday

Old 05-29-2009, 06:32 PM
haynesn12
My Feedback: (2)

how is this thread dead already?
Old 05-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Casper06

Has anyone tried to fit a 3s in the car yet?
Old 05-30-2009, 12:10 AM
XtremeNosediver

Well Im the one who was asking about if you all have been hearing about overheating in the RTR kits Reedy 17 Turn motor, but Ive been temping it and it seems to be doing fine but the manual says 15 seconds of reverse can cause it to overheat. I picked up some RPM hop up front and rear arms and some pins ,Bearings,and Etc made by Assocciated for the T4 and GT2 . However I have ran the SC10 in stock Rtr form beside the tires and it has performed pretty well on the track and is way faster and handles better than one too with the right tires like the JCconcepts. If I just can get of my ass after work and put on the better parts and install my Specktrum tx and rx, it should be even better I hope but I was pretty surprised with the power for the RTR price and surprised that I didnt break anything while jumping it at two different tracks that are pretty good with alot of jumps.Will update pics and impressions after a race soon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.