Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Which stadium truck is overall better?

Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Which stadium truck is overall better?

Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 PM
rccarman81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which stadium truck is overall better?

Which one is overall better for racing and bashing? The MT2 G3.0 or theNitro Firestorm?
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Which stadium truck is overall better?

I would have to say Firestorm. First of all, you cannot race a MT2, as there is no 4wd 1/10 ST class. You can race the Firestorm though with mods, but the 1/10 2wd gas truck class is dying. bashing, I would say firestorm because there is more moving parts on the MT2.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:15 AM
dittch
Banned

I can only speak from the basher standpoint. I love both of those vehicles, but if I had to choose one I'd take the MT2. You can't beat the 4wd and it is a very durable vehicle. My buddy installed an OX 18CVR in his and it's wicked fun....not that it won't be fun with the stock engine.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:50 PM
rccarman81

thats another thing, im looking for a basher, not a racer, for me racing will come later. but how does more moving parts on a vehicle make it less durable?
Old 05-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Chris_RC

There is mre of a chance for parts to fail on a 4wd car than 2wd. For the sake of fun, i would take a 2wd over 4wd.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:22 PM
usa98030

No doubt about it, the MT2 is the winner since i would put the effort in fixing the 4wd! And Chris my nitro rustler that was suppose to break every thing hasn't! I've jumped this thing 10 ft high and landed jacked and still haven't broken a stock a arm just broke a front shock tower and rear bulk head! HEHEHEHHEHEEH
Old 05-22-2009, 04:13 PM
NitroNate

LOL LOL LOL,and you think thats tough!?My Firestorm doesn't break 15ft. in the air coming down sideways!

Thats whats funny about Traxxas fans;They think their trucks are doing good untill they are bashed alongside HPI trucks.

Don't bother trying to prove the Rustler is tough,because tough means a lot more to me than it does to you...

Old 05-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Chris_RC

You made your point, when juming 10 feet high you broke a frotn shocktower and rear bulkhead. I can take my cars WOT for 5 seconds then hit a jump (that launches 1/8s 50 feet far) and can jump about 4/5 of the whole jump with my XXX-NT.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:29 PM
usa98030

My ramps aren't made for height but distance, so i dont know!?!?!?!?!? And watever we have our opinions why do you think we have BRANDS! AHHAHAHAHHA its not like we only have a maker and we choose wats good for ourselves. And chris i didn't break the shock tower and bulkhead cause of that jump it was because my battery holder fried and got stuck at woot!
Old 05-22-2009, 07:24 PM
quietnas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TRAXXAS RULES. LOL just kidding. But I would have to say that my Jato is as tough as nails. And so far out of all thebrands that I have owned Traxxas has turned out to be the best. That being said I have never owned a FireStorm so I cant comment on that. i would say though for bashing stick with 2wd. I have owned several RC10GT's and they actually broke more turn buckles CVDs and A arms than my Jato did when stock. I do have an HPI RS4 2 and no complaints yet. If you really want to bash hard though then 1/8 is the way to go. Thats just my opinion though.
Old 05-22-2009, 08:04 PM
usa98030

Yeah if you wanna bash get something like a savage! Those things are tuff as nails
Old 05-22-2009, 08:29 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: usa98030

Yeah if you wanna bash get something like a savage! Those things are tuff as nails
No offense, but Savage's are considered toys at our track. Cant make any big jumps, and when attempting to jump with the race 1/8s, they break. Same with T-Maxx's, Revos, and MGTs. The only MT that ever did good at my track was a modified LST2, but it had truggy tires and upgraded to truggy spec. It was faster than my buggy lol. While the MTs are breaking, buggies and truggies crash 10x harder, jump 5x higher and further, and dont break nearly as often.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:09 PM
usa98030

Thats true that truggys and buggys hit 10x harder. But a MT CAN JUMP! And thats more thrilling to see this big &%^&*( car getting some serios air,  but when you see a buggy fly you be like " Is that a plane?" HAHAHAH i like seeing buggys fly. But my revo and e-revo are set up to be a truggy so i get some serios air and they are so bomb proof!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:49 AM
rccarman81

I already have MT's I have a T-Maxx and a Savage XL (Prefer the XL). But im looking for a stadium truck. I thought about truggys, but too expesnsive. So just keep it to those two stadium trucks.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:50 AM
quietnas1

Well if it had to be one of those 2 trucks I would go for the Firestorm.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:55 AM
NitroNate

Chris,get yourself the "Fighting Gravity DVD" from Slapmafro.They use mostly Savages...Toys?

Old 05-23-2009, 10:30 AM
Chris_RC

Thats true that truggys and buggys hit 10x harder. But a MT CAN JUMP! And thats more thrilling to see this big &%^&*( car getting some serios air, but when you see a buggy fly you be like " Is that a plane?" HAHAHAH i like seeing buggys fly. But my revo and e-revo are set up to be a truggy so i get some serios air and they are so bomb proof!
You just said MTCANJUMP!!!! Then you said it is more thrilling than a buggy getting alot of air. It is a FACT that buggies are truggies are tougher than any MTs, including Savage's. No if's and or but's about it. Take it to a track and try to do what the buggies are doing and I guarantee you will break. How old are you? You post like a 5 year old.

Chris,get yourself the "Fighting Gravity DVD" from Slapmafro.They use mostly Savages...Toys?

For bashing, no, but for racing, yes.www.youtube.com/watchis the track I race on. As you can see, it is big and MTs could barely make ay of the jumps. They just dont have the acceleration to jump out of corners as race cars do. For example, I need to go half throttle to land that big double perfectly. If I went full throttle I would go into the next racing line. For MTs, they cant even get 3/4 of the way going WOT on that big jump. Some of them got stuck on the step up too LOL.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:21 PM
dittch
Banned

ORIGINAL: NitroNate

LOL LOL LOL,and you think thats tough!?My Firestorm doesn't break 15ft. in the air coming down sideways!

Thats whats funny about Traxxas fans;They think their trucks are doing good untill they are bashed alongside HPI trucks.

Don't bother trying to prove the Rustler is tough,because tough means a lot more to me than it does to you...

I've been in the nitro scene for about 20 years and it's not that black and white when it comes to this subject. I bash with several people, and there are HPI vehicles in the mix (MT2's and firestorms). I have a Traxxas nitro hawk, stampede, and jato......these are just the traxxas vehicles I have in my arsenal.I also have anone electric traxxas (rustler). My brother has two nitro sports and another friend has a nitro rustler. We run these vehicles almost every weekend for 8-12 hours on a saturday or sunday.

So here I am, with my years of experience of bashing traxxas alongside HPI, and I have to say you're comment is far from the truth. I'm not saying traxxas is more durable than the HPI, but I have yet to see evidence of one being tougher than the other. Let me also say that we beat the living hell out of our cars.

Maybe it's just coincidence and all the traxxas vehicles I and my friends have came out of the factory with a little extra toughness....but given the odds of that being true, I doubt it.
Old 05-23-2009, 03:30 PM
usa98030

Lets have the veterans talk! Jeez traxxas makes one of the best designs ever! Its like how bentley has been around since forever and ure saying toyota is better since they are a newer company! Thats trash, but i agree that buggys are cool with jumps
Old 05-23-2009, 05:55 PM
Chris_RC

Lets have the veterans talk! Jeez traxxas makes one of the best designs ever! Its like how bentley has been around since forever and ure saying toyota is better since they are a newer company! Thats trash, but i agree that buggys are cool with jumps
They arent just cool with jumps-they outpreform every other type of RC of a track. Traxxas designs (rustler mainly) were good when they were released-16 years ago, but they are falling behind now.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:40 PM
rclynx

Do you guys that have been in nitro for a while know how dumb you look arguing with young kids that think they know everything after a few months or even years. Some are not ever going to get it and it just doesn't matter. You could take a Redcat and put it next to a Savage or what the heck ever and the dummy that hits something first or lands wrong first is most likely to break first. Quality ????? give me a break. Most parts if you don't know what they are and if you threw them all in a barrel you couldn't say whats better than the other...........there all plastic FROM CHINA.......Even though some are made from better quality material you just can't tell [&:] All you guys that think your junk is better out of the box than the next guy get a life............you can't prove it period..................its all a matter of taste and if it doesn't taste good to you it isn't any good so leave it at that. Don't come on here and bash everybodys garbage. WE ALL HAVE SOME  So go drive your crap have some fun and if you have something constructive to add do it. If you don't STFU and go tell someone who cares [:-]
Old 05-23-2009, 07:15 PM
usa98030

*Clap**Clap**Clap**Clap**Clap**Clap**Clap* Rclynx you made my point its all peference
Old 05-23-2009, 08:06 PM
quietnas1

That was a little harsh rclynx but I do agree with you. I can't say one is better than the other. I have been doing this for 15yrs now and to behonest if I could own one of each I would. I get tired of hearing all the Traxxas bashing also. Traxxas are great cars and I can't complain. I have also had 2 RC10GT's and currently rebuilding another one. I also have an HPI RS4 2. So I think I can give an unbiased opinion. But if a guy asks for advise and all he is interested is in these 2 trucks then we should stick to the issue at hand. I got friends that have Rusty's and Firestorms and they are both great trucks. No one is better than the other. EXCEPT MY JATO LOL. Just kidding. Lighten up people.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:23 PM
usa98030

If i drop my monthly payments on my corvette i would buy all the nitro things i could get my hands on! But the wife might give me a little thing called a slap across the face. I love all the cars but when money is limited you got to choose whats best for you. Its not like were Bill Gates?
Old 05-23-2009, 11:03 PM
quietnas1

usa98030 lol. I would get thrown out. I cought hell for selling one car buying 4 used ones and staying with 2 of them. And now I want an HPI Savage. When i told her if I can get one for Christmas I got a big hell no but I wwill manage to get it in the house. Hehehe.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.