Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

HPI SAVAGE 5T!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 03:34 AM
fighttheban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI SAVAGE 5T!!!

hey heres the link to the new savage 5T http://www.hpieurope.com/kit-info.ph...=30108&lang=en from what i see HPIhave lengthened the XLand kept the same motor in. hmmm... interesting.

I'd like to hear what other people think about this newest truck but i personally think for the extra money, a petrol 5T would be much better.

open to discussion
Old 05-24-2009, 03:36 PM
TAKZILLA

Default RE: HPI SAVAGE 5T!!!

first thing that comes to mind,a decent sized mid tank should of been a no brainer for HPIor a tool box would fit real nice in there
Old 05-24-2009, 03:50 PM
BudBud

These are the thickest standard TVP and engine plate parts used on a Savage monster truck, and can easily withstand the torque of the massive Nitro Star K5.9 engine, plus anything else you can throw at the truck!
The K5.9 engine delivers the muscle and grunt that you’ll want for powering the Savage 5T over any type of terrain and through any obstacle! The low powerband supplies the torque for getting up to speed fast, and the curved manifold and aluminium tuned pipe get the most power out of the engine.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You woulda thought they had learned their lesson already. I would love to know how many of these they get back in an average week! Glen
Old 05-24-2009, 04:28 PM
barrydidntknow

Wonder if they will have an xl5t conversion. Probably will be just like the conversion from x xl. Cant believe they ar sticking to the 5.9 POS engine.
Old 05-24-2009, 04:37 PM
bigwaltc

I'd like to put those wheel tires on my XL
Old 05-24-2009, 05:15 PM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: bigwaltc

I'd like to put those wheel tires on my XL

I agree, they really look nice and if they are lightweight, that would be very cool! Wonder what they will sell for?
Old 05-24-2009, 05:30 PM
mmduc

ive had no problem with my k 5.9 at all, for a stock engine, it rips just fine. i have a few piccos as well in other trucks, but the k 5.9 i think is one of the better stock engines. just my 2 cents. ill prob. buy  the 5t.
Old 05-24-2009, 07:21 PM
black mamba

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kinda weird looking, but cool nonetheless. It'd be really nice to see a gas engine option or dual Mamba Monsters in there.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:47 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i'm pretty dissapointed just cuz they lenghtend the plates and revised the hubs, not to big of a deal IMO and am i the only one waiting to see what i'll happen after a few hard off camber impacts, i can see that chassie twisting right apart.... yeah it has a few center braces but i really dought that they'll do much i can see that just bending right apart with the right hit/crash...

the lug
Old 05-24-2009, 11:31 PM
savagehead
My Feedback: (25)

I like the concept of it. But insted of calling it a 5t why not just call it " savage hardcorr" that would sound a lot better
Old 05-26-2009, 09:14 PM
01s0uljah

I dont like how the body looks..

Anybody know how this thing will bash?
Old 05-26-2009, 09:39 PM
jikkuria

i remember seeing this a few months ago on the hpi japan site. i dont like that front drive shaft, it just seems accident prone. imagine one of those flying yout at high speed, and hitting some one.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:24 PM
Revomad1

HPI is getting lazy! lol. I want a completely re-designed 1:5 scale 4wd gas powered Savage.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:38 AM
crowdie

Am I the only one who thinks this is rubbish? Hpi's very own promotion video shows how rubbish this thing jumps, and how the shell will rip right off the mounts in no time... In my opinion this is hpi juicing the savage too much, and they took a wrong turn. But., thats just my opinion, I guess you have to be into trucks like that
Old 05-27-2009, 06:28 AM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: mmduc

ive had no problem with my k 5.9 at all, for a stock engine, it rips just fine. i have a few piccos as well in other trucks, but the k 5.9 i think is one of the better stock engines. just my 2 cents. ill prob. buy the 5t.
You must spend more time looking at it than driving it. The 5.9 is a joke, poor bearings, poor carburetor, bad timing and porting, junk pistons, I can show you some photos or provide some links if you like. It produces less power than most 28s and runs super hot. It has a horrible mid range to top end bog. It is pretty sad, I spent a lot of time and money trying pipes and carburetors, hoping to make the 5.9 repectable. Supertib did a great job with it, but a stock Picco 28 will still outrun it.... No matter how much money you throw at it, the basics of the engine, sleeve and piston are soft and weak.

On the topic of the truck, I would have to hope they instended for it to be run in sandy conditions and not hard core bashing. I see they have added a brace to stabilize that long stretch from radio box to engine plate. I agree on the front dogbone, it looks like a problem waiting to happen. You suppose you could make a U turn on a two lane road with it?
Old 05-27-2009, 01:17 PM
BANKRUPTER

ORIGINAL: crowdie

Am I the only one who thinks this is rubbish? Hpi's very own promotion video shows how rubbish this thing jumps, and how the shell will rip right off the mounts in no time... In my opinion this is hpi juicing the savage too much, and they took a wrong turn. But., thats just my opinion, I guess you have to be into trucks like that
I fully agree with you !
Old 05-27-2009, 02:39 PM
fighttheban

Iknow this is probably a long shot but i'd like to see HPI make a cheap 4 stroke petrol engine conversion for 1:8 savages that would be sweet
Old 05-27-2009, 03:59 PM
CrysisFX

i would have liked to seen this be a single speed gearbox (from the flux) and lower to the ground for racing. really this is just a bad idea. but with a single or 2 speed it would be a good place for those picco 28's
Old 05-27-2009, 04:25 PM
rcnitrohead

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quote:

ORIGINAL: crowdie

I fully agree with you !
X3!!
Old 05-27-2009, 05:30 PM
SavagexSam

we have had one for a couple of months now after the trade show, hpi japan left the prototype with us to give it a testing once they finalize the truck.....we just got the go ahead so expect some videos in the coming weeks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z2rq...e=channel_page
Old 05-27-2009, 05:53 PM
BANKRUPTER

Sam put Robins mill in it and lets see what it can really do.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:43 PM
BudBud

ORIGINAL: SavagexSam

we have had one for a couple of months now after the trade show, hpi japan left the prototype with us to give it a testing once they finalize the truck.....we just got the go ahead so expect some videos in the coming weeks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z2rq...e=channel_page
Does it run or do we just look at it?

Editing to add a link... it does at least run, looks pretty dead though...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inerI...eature=related
Old 05-27-2009, 07:52 PM
bigwaltc

Yea Glen those tires and wheels would be bad ***** on a XL