Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

Great day bashing.. Time for new parts! (pics)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

Great day bashing.. Time for new parts! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Jorako

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great day bashing.. Time for new parts! (pics)

I got my sport about 2 weeks ago, but left for vacation the day after i got it, so i waited till i got back to use it. Broke it in per the instructions on YouTube for the first four tanks, and contined and ran a entire quart through it. What a blast! I can't believe i waited so long to pick up this hobby. I treated it pretty civil for the most part, (lost the locknut holding the exhaust on, but a hobby clip worked great) untill the last two tanks when i decided to play in a dirt pile. Everything was great but those damn stock tires were almost down to the foam. Tried to jump the dirt pile from about 20 yards away, and all was going good untill about 30 MPH and 10 feet away when the rear end hit caught something and lost traction. Ended up hitting the pile at and angle, launching bout 7 feet in the air, and coming down exhaust side down onto a metal guardrail. Pics Included. Lol. But i need some suggestions on new tires. Preferably ones that will last more than a quart of fuel. Also, is there a way to align these RC's? Seems that the inside of my tires wore much faster. And suggestions on replacement shock towers?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52486.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	140.5 KB
ID:	1216380   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55897.jpg
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	1216381   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86175.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	1216382   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq43639.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1216383   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hs95569.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	108.5 KB
ID:	1216384  
Old 06-11-2009, 02:56 PM
vote4nitro

Default RE: Great day bashing.. Time for new parts! (pics)

haha i like it...no shelf queens allowed

Old 06-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Jorako

Well i spent just over an hour cleaning her up and ended up with just under 14 oz (7/8 lb) of dirt. yes i weighed it, heh. Didnt get any suggestions in time so i went ahead and ordered a set of these tires. Hopefully they work well and last more than a day. will probably end up being about 60% asphalt and 40% grass/dirt. Also, i wanted a stronger rear shock tower, but didnt want anything metal. So i ordered a RPM shock tower. Stronger than stock, but cheaper than metal. Got some other odds and ends as well. Cant wait till they arrive next week so i can get her back together and head back out. Two random questions before i end this:

How long will this motor last? I dont need an exact, but maybe a range. Ex. 2 Gallons, 5 Gallons, 7 Gallons, Etc..

Suggestions for shocks. After i placed the order i realized the rear shocks were bent and didnt get a chance to order them. Nothing insane, but perhaps somthing a little stronger/stiffer than stock. Thanks again! More pics next week!
Old 06-13-2009, 07:26 AM
HandicappMan111

My jato has about 2.5gallons through the 3.3. Still got loads of compression. Not sure about the tires, I always go with proline. And you could always go with getting the sleeve pinched buy a pro, beats dishin out the cash for a new motor.

As for your shocks, Im taking it you just bent the shafts? If so Id pick up some Titanium Nitride shock shafts. Should be able to find them on tower or something. I will give it a look in a little while, girlfriend wants on.