Community
Search
Notices
Futaba Radios Direct support forum Ask any questions you may have about Futaba radios and product here and get answers direct from Futaba

multi-prop and more on a 12FG

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 06:43 AM
va3mw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default multi-prop and more on a 12FG

I'm pretty new to mixing, groups and the advanced features of a 12FG (or just about any other receiver).

I got a plane that I'm setting up with 2 aileron channels and twin engines. So this is a 2 part question.

Igot the ailerons set up ok on 2 channels. And, I've got both motors on 1 channel, but I would like to change that to a Multiprop (on channel 3 Iguess for the first motor). If Iwant to run both motors off 2 channels, how do Iset that up with Multiprop? Icould not find anything in the manual on the setting up of that. Once Ido that, can Icontrol the speed of each motor if Ihave to?

Part 2, is I would love to add flaperons. Iread on the Futaba site on how to do that using Camber (I added that below). I can follow that so far, but can't get it to work. Iunderstand that Camber actually is used both on elevators and aileron, but that we are going to set that up so that the Elevator is ignored. And, Iguess that I would set this up on a switch so that Ihave 0 flaps, 1/2 and full (what ever those throws are). There are some assumptions in the directions that assum you know some of the advanced features

My confusion is in the use of a switch (and the ON/ON/OFF settings). Is there somewhere that someone can point me to that is more of a Advance 12FG for dummies so Ican start to understand some of the setup?

Thanks to all in advance.... Mike

This is from the FAQ:

I want to set up my plane just like I had it with my 9C. It has two ailerons and I want to be able to use them as this, then also at the turn of a dial, I would like them to be Flaps. Since there is no Flaperon function, how do I do this?

First select your 2 Aileron wing type. It is recommended to ALWAYS use the channel assignments that the radio selects for you for your receiver designation. This will make life SO much simpler with the radio if you do.

Once you have this wing type selected, you will notice that the Aileron channels are most likely channels 4 and 5, if you look on your servo monitor, you will notice that one will most likely need to be reversed. Once you do this, you will have normal Aileron movement.

An easy way to set this up is to user Camber. When you set it up, do NOT give any rates to your Elevator. Make both Ailerons + or - 100% (this will depend on your set up). Assign this to a Slider, and set your "On" position at midpoint.

Or if you are not going to use Airbrake, you can use it by going it in the Model Menu, set your Tuning to 100 percent (either negative or positive per your model). Select the dial you want this on. Next select your On Position, leave this at Normal and if the bottom of your indicator is not dark (meaning on) the place the cursor (by means of the dial selected) in the center of the bar and hold your Push button down.

Now if you go back to your Servo Monitor, you will see Aileron action on your right stick and down flap by the dial you selected. If you are seeing "Up" flap then just go back to the Airbrake menu and change the percentages.

One great thing about this also is that you can adjust the speed of your flaps in the "Speed" in and out menu on page two of your Airbrake function.

Old 06-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Bax
My Feedback: (11)

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: multi-prop and more on a 12FG

Multiprop has absolutely nothing to do with multiple engines.  That's a control function that allows you to multiplex several positionable channels off a single channel.  For multi-engined aircraft, you set up a channel with throttle functions...throttle, throttle2, and throttle 3.  Set the endpoints to suit the carbs on each engine.  They'll then be controlled via the throttle stick and trim.

For flaperons, you go into the Function section of the LInkage Menu and set Camber to the desired control, say "LS" (Left Slider).  Now go into the Model Menu and select the Camber Mix.  There, you can turn it on and adjust how much the ailerons will move when you move the Camber control (the left slider).  If you want the Camber Mix on at all times, don't assign a switch to turn it on and off, just change it from "INH" to "ON".

The Camber AFR will adjust how much total flap action to get when you  move the slider.  The Aileron AFR section will adjust how much the ailerons will move as a percentage of camber movement.  Actually, for flaperons, you set the Ailerons to 100% and the Camber AFR to 100%.  Make sure you have them moving in the direction you want when you move the slider.  You can also adjust elevator compensation so that you get little trim change when you move the Camber slider.

Old 06-12-2009, 06:20 PM
va3mw

Thanks Bill for the awesome support.  I will give it a try.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:45 PM
va3mw

One more question not that I have had a chance to play with this.

When you have one engine on ch 3 and the other on ch 6 say. I can set up the end points for each channel without any issues.

Since this is an amphibian, I would love to be able to turn off (or down) one or the other motors or, even steer by them as the water rudder isn't always effective.

Could I, as an example, use the left dial on my 12FG to control the balance between each motor (electric)?

Mike