Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

New Great Planes Revolver

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

New Great Planes Revolver

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 03:50 AM
lippucci

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Revolver

Thanks. Nice sky.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:23 AM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Hey, you can see it flying. The plane is hard see because it is all white, and plus there was someone else in the sky doing 3d over the runway so I could not do tight close flying. JUST for you I will record another, maybe.
Old 06-07-2009, 04:52 PM
cavandish

The area over our runway forms part of the flight circuit, smart arses who fly 3D over the runway when I am flying arevolver at nearly 150mph suck big time.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:44 PM
russm

hey cav, excellent results from your setup. wish i could say the same. what prop. fuel, etc... are you using, and what are your rpm #s? thanks, russ
Old 06-08-2009, 03:55 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: cavandish

The area over our runway forms part of the flight circuit, smart arses who fly 3D over the runway when I am flying arevolver at nearly 150mph suck big time.

Cav ... is it that hard for them to give you sometime in the air alone with the rest of the fast planes? Hmmmm ... even when I have just taken off and a 3D heli goes up, I am more than happy to come down, no point losing a plane and perhaps a head too. We always give the giant scale planes their own time and not bother them. Even if they are the only one up.

Old 06-08-2009, 10:54 AM
helodrvr
My Feedback: (88)

Guys,

Just got my GP Revolver.  Waiting on the motor, a Webra 55 P5 GT.  Any advise on a muffler for this motor???  i know i will loss some power, but has any one tried a pitts style muffler with this motor???

Old 06-08-2009, 05:59 PM
cavandish

ORIGINAL: russm

hey cav, excellent results from your setup. wish i could say the same. what prop. fuel, etc... are you using, and what are your rpm #s? thanks, russ

11x8 apc 10% nitro 14k static
Old 06-08-2009, 11:34 PM
rowdog_14
My Feedback: (5)

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Mannn that 55 will be a nice combo, and yes like some said a 11X8 would be great. If you do not like that try a 12X6.
Old 06-09-2009, 07:48 PM
cavandish

ORIGINAL: rowdog_14

Mannn that 55 will be a nice combo, and yes like some said a 11X8 would be great. If you do not like that try a 12X6.

i cannot imagine a 55 2 stroke turning an 11x8 !
Old 06-14-2009, 05:03 PM
Chancho

Anyone know of any good composites besides the Dubro? I don't want to go too stupidly expensive but I'm surprise I haven't read of any carbon fiber composite gear set for the revolver yet...
I just had to ditch my plane today in tall grass.I had an out-of-gas dead stick and was too low to get it back to the runway.I've been using the stock gear with an aluminum supporting brace.Surprisingly the aluminum bracket bent with the gear stress, the fuselage underside held together and only the stock gear set and wheel pants are shredded. Of course all of these items are on back order until "Late June" on tower hobby - I don't know if any of you have held your breath with Tower's back order before - if it was the wife holding her breath I'd say go for it, but I can't afford to pass out in front of the kids.I could put my Dubro gear back on from my previous revolver, but it is a few oz. heavier and not as aesthetically pleasing to the eye sockets. Maybe I shouldn't care so much about the looks and just go with the Dubro - it did function the best and has weathered many, many, many tough landings.
I can't believe Tower is out of all three things, Wing Tube, Wheel pants and gear....
Or if anyone has the stock gear with pants or even a wing tube - make me an offer how much you want. My tires and axels are fine - just the two crappy fiberglass legs and pants.

Oh, by the way - Helodrvr; that Webra 55 is going to rock your world.My buddy andI fly neck to neck until he comes in from a 300-400' dive... .My Saito 115 acts like a speed break and quickly maxes out RPM/speed. However his Webra 55 unwinds sick like... He flys by me like I was standing still and I know I'm going 115 plus...
Best Regards,
Old 06-14-2009, 06:35 PM
Wingwrecker

I'll ship you my wing tube for $13. The gear and pants are trashed.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:02 PM
lippucci

Chancho

Seems like I recall someone is using a Toni gear. Posted about 8 mos ago. Other than that I can offer nothing. My gear has held up quite nic in spite of some rough landings. Lucky I guess. Yup..Tower seems to be out of parts but have lots of full boxes. Do you think.......naw?

Norm

Old 06-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Chancho

Sold....

I'll PMyou so we can work out the details.Thanks!

Old 06-14-2009, 07:06 PM
Chancho

Norm,

Thanks anyhow...Iwent this route before.. I bought the new revolver I'm flying nowfor spare parts. I ended up needing to build it and eventually replace all the parts so that Ican be flying the 2nd Revolver after a fateful crash late last year.... Now, like a new car after 30,000 with no extended warrantee - I'm getting nickle and dimed to death!:-)
Old 06-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Wingwrecker

PM sent.

ORIGINAL: Chancho

Sold....

I'll PMyou so we can work out the details.Thanks!

Old 06-14-2009, 11:10 PM
windsheer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had my first flight today. K&B 48 with a 11X7 prop. This is one of the best looking planes I've seen. The plane will not slow down once it hits ground effect. I guess I'm going to have to raise the nose on final and drag it in with power. Had ~10mph cross wind too. It didn’t seam to matter. This is a Great Plane.

Old 06-14-2009, 11:44 PM
cavandish

this plane does slow down and land
go back and back and back through the posts and read all about it, in the mean time, set you c of g back a little and let it slow down before ground effect takes place.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:30 AM
sthill

I maidened my Revolver this weekend and all I have to say is, WOW!! One click of left aileron was all it took and it flew like it was on rails. This is officially my favorite airplane!

I’m flying a OS 46AX on this plane with a bison pitts muffler and a 11x6 prop and the plane and I was shocked at how fast and fun this combo is. It certainly won’t compete with some of the speed demons on this thread, but, if you are an average sport flyer, a 46 or 55 should be enough for an exciting day at the field!

Happy Flying!

Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Wingwrecker

ORIGINAL: windsheer

I had my first flight today. K&B 48 with a 11X7 prop. This is one of the best looking planes I've seen. The plane will not slow down once it hits ground effect. I guess I'm going to have to raise the nose on final and drag it in with power. Had ~10mph cross wind too. It didn’t seam to matter. This is a Great Plane.

As Cav said you can try a little tail heavy or you can try spoilerons. Both seem to help. The spoilerons help stifle any bounce that may occur as well.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:52 AM
beaver180
My Feedback: (10)

You'll risk tip-stalling it if you bring it in as slow as you can on the prop.... Best advice from very experiencedRev flyers is to give it more rearward CofG AND add spoiler function ( both ailerons UP ) to kill the Revs lift on touchdown.

I personally found it best and easiest to flick up the "trainer" switch ( Futaba 9 CAPS ) to activate the spoilers as my Rev's main wheels touched the deck... results in a nice no bouce landing every time!!

Best o luck, Paul
Old 06-16-2009, 02:33 AM
freeair

i havn,t had any need to use spoilers on my REV , our flying field has a very good grass runway of about 120 meters but if your running on a tarmac type surface then you may need so type of slow down agent like spoilers or even wheel brakes. the best way to land the REV is to drop down to idle on the downwind approach and turn gradually for the upwind landing. we had 2 other guys in our club with REVS and both of them allways seem to cut power down way to late and attempt to land at some balastic speeds, this is a fast planning model and you must drop the speed down before you think of landing, dont worry they can glide with no power so drop power and fly it.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:47 AM
lippucci

All good ideas. i did move the CG back abit..big difference.

Need help. I lost 2 of the provided 2-56 x 3/8 screws which hold the wheel pants to the landing gear. Notice, they are phillips heads. Cannot find replacements anywhere..local HS or hardware store. Did replace with socket heads but prefer the phillips heads. May sound like a trivial problem but I prefer the phillips..one size driver fits all. Any suggestions? Tower not much help. Thanks.

Norm
Old 06-17-2009, 02:19 AM
windsheer

Thanks for the help. I have the CG right at 4 5/16. I try to move it back another 1/4 inch. The spoiler thing is interesting. I might try it first.Ilike the idea ofsetting itup with the throttle. I'll alsohave it just go up 1/2 inch with a switch to see whichI like best.I also have the Little Toni. It doesn't slow down much either. However once you get the nose up on final you get the drag you needto get to landing speed. The Revolver does not seem to have any drag. It's just going to take some touch and go's to get the landing down. Only three flights so far. I thought and others thought the planeseams to increase speed in a vertical climb after a high speed pass. Must be an illision created by the covering design.
Old 06-17-2009, 08:21 AM
Chancho

Norm,

I could never get the 2-56 wheel pant screws to stay in there.Next time your at the LHS you may want to consider replacing the 2-56 blind nuts with some 4-40 blind nuts. You'll have toopen up the holes onlya SCH...4-40 hardware is easy to find too. You can spend a good 30 minutes going thru all the bins at your local Ace hardware store. Aco even has hardware bins, too. In my area I believe it's Ace who is more well stocked.Anyhow, pick your flavor, socket head, philips, stainless or mild steel. Good luck

pg
Old 07-05-2009, 01:34 PM
mike early

Has anyone installed an inverted 4-stroke in this plane?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.