Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

HS-7955 Has the Jitters

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2009, 06:47 AM
Whymee
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HS-7955 Has the Jitters

Ihave a NIB7955 that Iinstalled in a new 35% plane on the rudder. Isoldered in a 3-4' extension. On powerup the servo "jitters". Ireset the servo & tried again, same problem. Itried another new 7955 with no extension & the same thing. Tried a 56xx series servo & all is quiet, no "jitters".

Iam using a A123 battery thru a Smart-Fly power Expander.

Whats going on with these servos? Anybody have have a clue....?

Ithought these servos were suppose to be the cream of the crop. Gimmie back my 5955's....

Stan
Old 06-19-2009, 04:14 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: HS-7955 Has the Jitters

ORIGINAL: Whymee Ihave a NIB7955 that Iinstalled in a new 35% plane on the rudder. Isoldered in a 3-4' extension. On powerup the servo "jitters". Ireset the servo & tried again, same problem. Itried another new 7955 with no extension & the same thing. Tried a 56xx series servo & all is quiet, no "jitters". Iam using a A123 battery thru a Smart-Fly power Expander. Whats going on with these servos? Anybody have have a clue....?
Ithought these servos were suppose to be the cream of the crop. Gimmie back my 5955's.... Stan
What wire gauge was used? Much depends upon length and voltage drop, refer to
"Servo - alterations, calculators, databases, repairs, convert to an ESC or winch & FAQ" at Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Twisted wire leads were added to many of the Hitec servos in 2002 in an effort to prevent RF noise from long servo leads feeding back into the servo causing unnecessary servo "jitter". High power digital and analog servos need plenty of current to deliver massive power. Recognizing this, Hitec increased the size of the wires from 24 to 22 gauge to provide the power these servos need to perform at the highest level. Hitec items which may assist:
#54651 is a light weight 160 mm servo wire with plug for micro servos.
#54652 is a light weight 160 mm servo wire with Female "S" Connector.
above 2 items can be soldered together to make a lightweight extension lead of up to 315 mm, long lengths are not available.
#57417 is a standard weigth 50'(15.2m) length of 24 gauge servo lead.
#54804 is a heavy duty 50'(15.2m) length of 20 gauge servo lead.
Regards
Alan T.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:14 AM
Whymee

Thanks for the reply Alan T.

While Iagree 200% with what you are saying, Ihave taken the possible problem with the extension out of the equasion when Itried the second servo with a stock length lead.

Please reread my origional post.

Nice try though!!!

Stan
Old 06-21-2009, 06:59 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Not sure if this will get through, or answer your questions, but here goes -> http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/f...s-buzzing.html

Email me if the link doesn't work

Bob
Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 AM
bob_nj
My Feedback: (62)

Well waddya know.

Can't help a fellow flier in need

Kids!

Old 06-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Whymee

ORIGINAL: bob_nj

Not sure if this will get through, or answer your questions, but here goes -> http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/f...s-buzzing.html

Email me if the link doesn't work

Bob
Hi Bob,

I am already all over that post. As a matter of fact, I am post #50...

If Ihad to make a guess (from all Ihave read) I have blown amps in the servos in question. Idid reset the deadband to 3. That helped tremendously. A band aid, not a cure..

As far as the helping out a fellow flier. Ipersonally appreciate the help. Even iffin ya did not digest all Iwrote in my origional post.

Kids!! Hurmph...

Stan