Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP F-7F Tigercat

Old 06-16-2009, 11:40 AM
crhammond
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP F-7F Tigercat

I was planning to build and detail one of these for Advanced Scalemasers next year but I just found out that KMP have lost the rights to all of their line of planes!  WOW - can anyone else confirm this?

Where can I find one of these?  Chief has none.  I saw reference to ESM ... are they another source?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:27 PM
tahustvedt

crhammond,

KMP is a distributor and part developer of some of the planes. They are manufactured by ESM. ESM doesn't sell directly to consumers as far as I know. I think http://www.vqwarbirds.com/ also distributes them in USA.
Old 06-17-2009, 01:16 AM
ghost.fr

in europe an other importer is YTinternationnal

ORIGINAL: crhammond

I was planning to build and detail one of these for Advanced Scalemasers next year but I just found out that KMP have lost the rights to all of their line of planes! WOW - can anyone else confirm this?

Where can I find one of these? Chief has none. I saw reference to ESM ... are they another source?
Old 06-17-2009, 04:29 PM
ghost.fr

here is a video (10mn!!) of last WE airshow in south of france with nice F7F moment

gallery.me.com/gromano#100074
Old 06-17-2009, 10:59 PM
kochj

so has anyone done the NON-composite wings?
WOndering how it flys..
Old 06-17-2009, 11:07 PM
kochj

ORIGINAL: Streetfuz

Gentlemen,

I've been building and flying since 1955 so I would say I've seen a lot aircraft kits both arf,kits and stick built. Don't you good folks think for the money we all paid for the T-Cat Andrew could at least get the China man to spell right?? Come on, compare the T-Cat with Top-Flite, Great Planes, etc and there's a world of difference between them. Yes, they don't make all the "Special" birds we'd all like to see but a person has the right to be able to understand the instructions and have pictures of the actual assembly?? Now I know some of you are going to say that the plane is only for experts but remember the younger generation behind us older builders have a lot more money to spend. and I've talked with a lot of the younger, 18-35 year old modelers who just won't try the kits like, kondor, CMP, etc. from China for that very reason. They want something that they can understand and be able to build. Not everyone has the experience most of us have. There's my $.2 on the subject. By the way all Kondor has to do is send a real AC engineer over and design the plane so its done right. He can even write the instruction book so all can understand it. I know and have spoken with Andrew many times and he is a nice person, but he needs to get some qualified help, english speaking not from China, on site in China and 90% of the problems we've seen on this forum will go away. And remember that we're paying for all the items that come with a kit, ie: wheels, landing gear, hardware, etc. It should be as good as the American companies shouldn't it? And yes I know that their ARF's are also made in China, They just have better control over their product.

Tom
Streetfuz

That is why, even though you can't place gas engines in it, guys will gladly purchase the TFb-25 over this one...
If KMP did a top notch job with there manuals and did a better job with production quality, they wouldn't be able to keep these in stock.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:07 AM
loukos
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[/quote]

That is why, even though you can't place gas engines in it, guys will gladly purchase the TFb-25 over this one...
If KMP did a top notch job with there manuals and did a better job with production quality, they wouldn't be able to keep these in stock.

[/quote]

Yup you can use gas engines, aguy in the UK uses two zenoah 20's check it out on you tube
Old 06-19-2009, 03:06 PM
Streetfuz
My Feedback: (115)

Gentlemen,

Here's the scoop on KMP straight from Andrew, owner of KMP. While he was in China trying to get some of those problems we've talked about on the T-Cat he received a "Email" at his hotel the night before he was leaving to go back to Canada from the company in Chinawho has been building that line of R/C planes for over 5 years that they were cancelling the agreement to sell to Andrew. They choose to give the rights to another company. I don't anything about them but I know that they offered the that same China company roughly 30-40%cheaper price to buy theARFs fromthem and the company promised to increase production without adding manpower, in other words using the same number of employees to get almost a third more production with no further cost. I'll bet that will really increase Quailty!! I've been told that the new company taking over ARFs that Andrew was selling apparently doesn't plan on personal after sales help as KMP did. I don't know that for a fact but apparently that's what China told Andrew.

The good news is that Andrew has a"New" company already lined up to buildhis new ARF'sand has plans for a slew of new War-Birds over 80 inch wing span with a company that is willing to make those corrections that we all have beenhoping for all these years. Anybody who has any questions please give Andrew a call on his toll free line, 1-888-968-7251 and I'm sure he will be able to provide more answers. He has some stock left but not a whole lot.

Hope this gets the word out.

Tom
Streetuz
Edited 6/20/09
Old 06-29-2009, 10:28 AM
tongoede

Gentleman,

I lost my canopyhatch last weekend of my KMP Cat...

Is there anybody who knows to get a new one???

Is there maybe somewhere a spareone????

Please let me know......

thanks,
Ton
Old 06-29-2009, 10:45 AM
ghost.fr

THIS : [link=http://www.topmodel.fr/product_detail.php?id=14741]hatch[/link]

ORIGINAL: tongoede

Gentleman,

I lost my canopyhatch last weekend of my KMP Cat...

Is there anybody who knows to get a new one???

Is there maybe somewhere a spareone????

Please let me know......

thanks,
Ton
Old 06-29-2009, 01:11 PM
tongoede

Hello Ghost,

Thanks for the reply, but no...
I mean the whole cokpit part which sit on the wing....

Do you know how to get it??? Kondor is not a suplier anymore, and Lindinger only has the transparant cockpit part.....

thanks,
Ton
Old 06-29-2009, 03:15 PM
ghost.fr

ask in england at YTinternationnal !!!

[link=http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/board,64.0.html]YT FORUM[/link]ttp://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/board,64.0.html
Old 06-30-2009, 01:11 AM
tongoede

Ok, Ghost,

Thanks, I will do that...

Ton
Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Detlef Schmidt

Hi Ton,

Lindinger you can forget. I have ordered the transparent part of the canopy in January and it has not arrived until now.

Andrew sent me one of those transparent parts and he told me he still has some more on stock.

The "base-part" under the transparent one I can send you if you pay for the transport.

It is damaged but you should be able to repair it.

best regards

Detlef
Old 07-03-2009, 03:29 AM
tongoede

Hello Detlef,

That sounds nice. I did sent you an email at your forum mailbox...

Thanks,
Ton
Old 07-27-2009, 05:12 PM
ScaleNVYflyr

Ok I aquired one of these birds after a minor crash anyone have some extra cowls they are willing to sell?
Old 08-04-2009, 09:56 AM
Ron McGrath
My Feedback: (10)

Here is a little update on my Tigercat. I am on flight number 19 and had a little issue on flight 18. I was at the AMA district II fly at the Olean airport in Olean NY I had 2 successful flights with a stiff cross wind on Saturday and in the Sunday in the noon time show we think I caught a rut in the runway and ground looped it. There was only minor damage to the fuselage and it ripped out one of the main gear. It could have been much worse. After a trip to the EAA air show in Oshkosh Wisconsin we attended the Flying knights scale rally in Hamburg NY and had a successful flight with it on Saturday.
Also this month I have been fortunate to have the Tigercat featured in Greg Covey's AMPED Colum on RC Universe with a very nice article and video. It can be reached with this link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1140
Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 PM
F82FAN

ORIGINAL: Ron McGrath

Here is a little update on my Tigercat. I am on flight number 19 and had a little issue on flight 18. I was at the AMA district II fly at the Olean airport in Olean NY I had 2 successful flights with a stiff cross wind on Saturday and in the Sunday in the noon time show we think I caught a rut in the runway and ground looped it. There was only minor damage to the fuselage and it ripped out one of the main gear. It could have been much worse. After a trip to the EAA air show in Oshkosh Wisconsin we attended the Flying knights scale rally in Hamburg NY and had a successful flight with it on Saturday.
Also this month I have been fortunate to have the Tigercat featured in Greg Covey's AMPED Colum on RC Universe with a very nice article and video. It can be reached with this link.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8891170
Hey Ron,
That link brings us right back to this thread...
A little circular reasoning going on??? :-)
Old 08-11-2009, 08:09 AM
drifter
My Feedback: (53)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try this: http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1140

[/quote]

Hey Ron,
That link brings us right back to this thread...
A little circular reasoning going on??? :-)
[/quote]
Old 08-11-2009, 09:56 PM
F82FAN

Thanks for the link Drifter.

Wow... Great stuff Ron & Paul!
Well built, well flown, and VERY well video'd!!!
Keep up the good work and let us in on your next project.
Wally
Old 08-30-2009, 04:51 PM
N215PB

Just flew my 2nd and 3rd flights yesterday on mine. Satio 100's and 3 bladed props, flew great. Put new GEN 5 gear in, have flaps on a McDaniels GLO SLOW set up and 45 degrees down travel. Flys on quarter thottle. Would love to repaint her but don't know what paint would take all the gloew fuel oil that drips from her.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:14 PM
Pylon2

Well done. Flew mine again this Weekend at the British Nationals, flight number 52.
Old 09-04-2009, 08:56 AM
ghost.fr

tcat owners i got a question at low speed does your tcat moves a bit from right to left and when you accelarate it desapear?

I intend to use a gyro on the tail to avoid that ugly dance !!! any idea?

thx

g
Old 09-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Pylon2

Can't say I have noticed that. I will take a closer look when out next time.
Cheers Richard.
Old 09-04-2009, 06:17 PM
pitsspecial

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Richard,

Do you know how to fly your Tigercat slowly??? LOL LOL

Sorry...... couldent resist!!

Di n Dave...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.