Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Ian Cawthray

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Reaction ARF - PST/BTE All-Composite Sport Jet

Hi Dento , I went onto utube and saw your flight , different to those prop models hey ? Looked good .   I also saw my reaction  ( ians jet ) flight with the smoke. i had to click on more video from skidmark to get it if anyone else wants to see it , i also dont know how to put the link up on this page ...
Old 06-22-2009, 05:54 PM
FILE IFR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah Baby!!! Thick, choking smoke.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55893.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	33.2 KB
ID:	1222865  
Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 PM
rcguy!
My Feedback: (69)

ORIGINAL: FILE IFR

Yeah Baby!!! Thick, choking smoke.

"Maybe video of Tuesdays test flights!" :-))

Dave
Old 06-25-2009, 11:22 PM
B777

Hi guys,

I have to issue another safety AD. As much as we try to avoid these ADs, some flaw do exist. We will keep track of these birds making sure that they are safe to fly while giving you as much fun as possible.

Subject: PST Composite Reaction ARF, Model Airplane Directive No. 3 - Wings Leading Edge

One of customer flown Reaction ARF exhibited a left wing leading edge split. The jet was flown for more than 35 flights with 16kgs thrust turbine. The wing leading edge may not have been bonded strong enough to handle this large turbine. Affected Reaction ARF will be those produced before 2009 with serial number 100 and below. As a precuation, we would like all owners of the Reaction ARF to inspect the wing leading edge bonding and perform the following:

1. If weak spot or splitting is found, seal the leading edge with Hysol or similar epoxy.
2. Place 2" wide tape or stickers along the wing leading edge.

The above procedures will prevent leading edge from splitting in flight.

Thank you for your attention and regards,
Kraivuth S.
PST Jets Thailand

[8D]
Old 06-25-2009, 11:30 PM
B777

Dave, Nice smoke!!!!

John (DENTO), congratulation on the maiden flight !! nice video. I think that the J800R is perfect for the Reaction ARF

Thanks
Kraivuth S.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Ron S
My Feedback: (2)

Received 205 Likes on 125 Posts

Hey folks, per a discussion I had with Smokin' Sam a few pages back, I finally added a small amount of crow to my landing flaps setting. The amount I use is about 1/4" up on the ailerons - maybe even a bit less. I feel I am better able to get a nicer flare on landings. It could just be me, too. [8D]

On my first attempt, the model ballooned a bit with flaps full down and ailerons crowed up. On successive flights I've added (mixed in) more down elevator trim with the crow setting, and so far I like it. Fyi!

I should also add, the reason why I tried this is so the model wouldn't float quite as much on landing. As a fall out, I suspect the ailerons in the up position act to pitch the model nose up slightly.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:05 PM
mnsi
My Feedback: (48)

Hello all, I just recieved my new Reaction with the factory removable tail option, Great Job PST!! I am also showing a few pictures of the radio tray and installation layout I am doing, since I am using a electronic retract valve I made a new plate were the mechanical valves go and am going to install the batteries on this plate. That way they are very accesible. undo 2 screws and the plate comes out with the batteries on them. The center hole in the tray is for the nose wheel clearance.

Name:	Ge94322.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	79.9 KB
ID:	1234860   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55433.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1234861  
Old 07-12-2009, 07:10 PM
rcguy!

ORIGINAL: mnsi

Hello all, I just recieved my new Reaction with the factory removable tail option, Great Job PST!! I am also showing a few pictures of the radio tray and installation layout I am doing, since I am using a electronic retract valve I made a new plate were the mechanical valves go and am going to install the batteries on this plate. That way they are very accesible. undo 2 screws and the plate comes out with the batteries on them. The center hole in the tray is for the nose wheel clearance.

Fake carbon fiber I hope?

Dave
Old 07-12-2009, 07:15 PM
mnsi

Yea its a laminate decal sheet.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:21 PM
B777

I am flying with CROW mix as well and actually, have been working on this with Smokin' Sam while he was in Thailand. We like it !!

Nice installation, "mnsi"

New development on the Reaction ARF is the "Reaction X". The X features a 5" extended nose section with removable nose cone for easy equipment/batteries mounting. This new nose section is designed to cope with larger engine usage requiring added nose weight for CG. I have flown the prototype with J1300R (13kg thrust) and the model balanced out without any added lead. Total weight save is approximately 500 grams. The model flies pretty much the same but looks more like F-5/F-20 with the longer nose. I also notice an improved knife-edge sustainability due to the added x-section of the longer nose.

The new nose is a 100% replaceable to the existing Reaction ARF nose using the same canopy and nose section equipment / nose gear.

I will get some pictures so you guys have a better picture.

Kraivuth S.

Old 07-13-2009, 02:10 AM
cjshaker

Kraivuth:

Will you be selling the extended nose section with the removable nose cone seperately,
so that we can upgrade our kits to the new configuration?

Thank you,
Chris Shaker

ORIGINAL: B777

New development on the Reaction ARF is the ''Reaction X''. The X features a 5'' extended nose section with removable nose cone for easy equipment/batteries mounting. This new nose section is designed to cope with larger engine usage requiring added nose weight for CG. I have flown the prototype with J1300R (13kg thrust) and the model balanced out without any added lead. Total weight save is approximately 500 grams. The model flies pretty much the same but looks more like F-5/F-20 with the longer nose. I also notice an improved knife-edge sustainability due to the added x-section of the longer nose.

The new nose is a 100% replaceable to the existing Reaction ARF nose using the same canopy and nose section equipment / nose gear.

I will get some pictures so you guys have a better picture.

Kraivuth S.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:19 AM
skywarrior

Hi,
Nice to see that option when everyone seemed to think I was mad ! see post 360

This is a good development of a very good design and it will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

David
Old 07-13-2009, 04:37 AM
B777

The extended nose was originated by David and it wasn't a mad idea...

We will offer the extended nose for replacement and customer can also order the extended nose version of the ARF as "Reaction X". More info on this later...

Out of town and I should be able to post a few pictures within a few days.

Regards,
Kraivuth S.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:04 PM
DENTO

G-DAY
Well it looks like I have been converted to JETS have had 6 flights on my reaction so far and is one nice thing to handle (with respect to the nice thing) Have been on buddyall the time the larst flight on sunday UP AND DOWN on my own still hooked up but With My mentor Manfred who is an old JET BOY FROM WAY BACK, Shall sneak a shot of his new WILD THING in to show you what he has designed from scratch and built, Only just maidened it in the larst couple of weeks also,Kraivuth that add on to the nose and the cone will go down well .
REGARDS
JOHN

Name:	He97118.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	1235396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98630.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	1235397  
Old 07-13-2009, 01:12 PM
B777

Nice goin' John. Big regard to Manfred and his WILD THING...I think I spotted a PST engine in there....

Cheers,
Kraivuth S.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

I just did my maiden + 4 other flights. Awesome plane. Using a Jet Central Eagle (30 Lbs) and its ballistic

It was a windy day, and did some landing almost like an helicopter! Yes that slow (using full flaps, speed brake and aileron crow).
Old 07-13-2009, 07:26 PM
FILE IFR

Edgar,

What are your dimensions of up aileron deflection with flaps at half and at full?
Old 07-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Edgar,

What are your dimensions of up aileron deflection with flaps at half and at full?
I did very little crow, as I was just testing the model. Did it by eye, but i will say about 10 degrees for both flap position.
I want to wait for a less windy day to try before going up toward my target of about 20-25 degrees.

Also my speed brake was about 55 degrees. Due to the wind I tried landing at my first flap position (~20 degrees). It slowed down significantly less than full flap, so I intend to increase the speed brake angle toward 80 degrees.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:25 PM
B777

ORIGINAL: Edgar Perez

Edgar,

I did very little crow, as I was just testing the model. Did it by eye, but i will say about 10 degrees for both flap position.
I want to wait for a less windy day to try before going up toward my target of about 20-25 degrees.

Also my speed brake was about 55 degrees. Due to the wind I tried landing at my first flap position (~20 degrees). It slowed down significantly less than full flap, so I intend to increase the speed brake angle toward 80 degrees.
I use slider for the crow so it is not mixed with flaps. My highest crow is about 15 degree (up ailerons deflection). My speed brake has 2 positions, 45 degree and 90 degree. The flaps are 25 degree for takeoff and 60-80 degree for landing. These settings can vary depending on your skill and preference.

You can fly high/slow and glide like a glider with 15 degree crow.....[8D]

Kraivuth S.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:35 PM
B777

I have a few flight shots and will get more when I am back in town. The X nose is a direct replacement of the ARF nose and is about 5 inches longer. The first 3 pictures are the Reaction X and the last 2 pictures are the Reaction ARF with shorter nose for comparison.

Cheers,
Kraivuth S.

Name:	Db84890.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1235888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn42378.jpg
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	1235889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp34750.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	1235890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26357.jpg
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	1235891   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr54348.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	176.2 KB
ID:	1235892  
Old 07-14-2009, 06:08 PM
sc0tt
My Feedback: (61)

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

How soon with the X nose be available for us with the older kits?

The new nose looks great & gives the jet a sleeker look - plus saves some added nose weight.

Thanks again....Scott Adams
Old 07-14-2009, 09:10 PM
FILE IFR

Question for the ProLink strut users for the PST ARF... The retracts offered on Bruce's site are the ProLink 'Taurus' series, but which one is it? There is a 'Narrow Flange' set and a normal set.

I'd like to get the trailing link gear set, but unfortunately I need to get new retracts as PST's retracts are for a 3/8" strut stub and ProLinks have a 1/2" strut stub.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:15 PM
rcguy!

Question for the ProLink strut users for the PST ARF... The retracts offered on Bruce's site are the ProLink 'Taurus' series, but which one is it? There is a 'Narrow Flange' set and a normal set.

I'd like to get the trailing link gear set, but unfortunately I need to get new retracts as PST's retracts are for a 3/8'' strut stub and ProLinks have a 1/2'' strut stub.
I have the narrow series at 1 3/4" that were shipped with the "package"

Dave Rigotti

Dave
Old 07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
mnsi

They are the narrow set. Taurus Pro link.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:33 PM
FILE IFR

Thanks guys. I was thinking they were the 'normal' size.

I'm glad I asked.

Dave, did you fly with smoke yet? I wish the PST could carry 5 gallons of oil a flight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.