Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Area 51 engines

Old 06-14-2009, 09:51 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Default RE: Area 51 engines

Hi Milton,

What's the latest on the 26cc rear mounted carb engine, any idea when it will be ready for release. Will it weigh the same 2.0 lbs. as the original side mounted carb engine, as in the recent picture of the new 26 the cylinder does seem a bit bulkier than the original design.

Karol
Old 06-14-2009, 10:03 PM
BOMYERS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Joe AP for the info. I didn't want to cut a hole in the side of my cowl for the stock muffler, That is why I ordered the J-Tec. I'm glad it will work, Even if I don't get anymore power. the Area 51 has a lot of power anyway.

Bo Myers

Old 06-15-2009, 07:52 AM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Jeff
 The Ultimate looks great, That is about the only Bi Plane that I really like and is a great aerobatic plane.

The needle setting on the carbs are set by me when I test run them and is just set to make sure the engine runs good, Do not be afraid to lean it out, The only thing that will happen if you lean the low end to much is the engine will die when you throttle up, If it does them rich in it up untill you got good transition and you will also see the engine smooth out a lot better and have hardly no viberation.

Bo
 Your engine is on it's way to you.

The new 26 has grown to a 28CC and is still the same size as the first 26cc side inducted, Hope to have my proto type in a few day's to really dog out and see how it does. Good things come to those who are patient.

Thanks
   Milton  
Old 06-15-2009, 02:11 PM
BOMYERS

Thanks for the update Milton.

Bo Myers
Old 06-15-2009, 03:39 PM
y2k6vette

Milton,

Just viewed your site and I noticed the word "area" is being dropped in favor of "JC Engines".....is that the official name of them for the future? Our 50cc runs incredibly well; and we're looking forward to the 28cc arrving soon.
Hang in there,
Steve
Old 06-15-2009, 04:15 PM
y2k6vette

Milton,

Another question for you if you don't mind.......I was  just perusing the gas engine buy and sell on RC Universe and there is a fellow in France who is liquidating his supply of Area 51 engines.  Apparently he is retiring from being an Area 51 agent; and he claims that any warranty work, if needed, on his engines would be handled by the agent in our country (who would be you?).  Is this a correct statement from him?  And is his offer just "too good to be true".

Steve
Old 06-15-2009, 04:33 PM
RC Extreme power

Good question, As of right now I have not been authorize by Kevin (owner of JC engines China) to do any repair work on engines not sold by me in the US.

I do all warranty work on the engines I sell right now at no cost to the manufacture, They furnish the  parts and I do the work, This is the deal we made that was to last for a short period of time until we both got a hold on the market with the engines.

So as of right now it might be to good to be true. I don't think I could come out ahead repairing engines I did not sell, But at the same token I don't think I could leave somebody  hanging dry.

Could get a little sticky

The manufacture is JC engines and we gave it the name Area 51.

About  2 ½ years ago my Grandson made a post about a top secret engine coming while we were testing them and that is where the name Area 51 came from.

Milton

Old 06-15-2009, 08:17 PM
y2k6vette

Milton,
Thanks for your kind response......I will stick to purchasing my Area engines from you and then we don't need to sweat the "sticky" situations, should they arise.

Hope the 28cc arrives soon and proves to be another winner in the stable.....I sure could use one on a QQ Yak 69" I have sitting in the box in the corner.

Steve
Foggy Minded Mountain Man
Old 06-20-2009, 03:18 PM
sam75

Hi there,

i have a new AREA51 - we have tried to test the engines first run today.
But no chance.
The engine got no gas from the fuel tank.
The fuel tanks was ok - but no chance to get the engine to suck gas ...

any idea outside ?

thanks
greetings
sam
Old 06-20-2009, 04:20 PM
Super08
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sam new engines can be a bit of a bear to fire up the first time once in a while. Here are several things that can help get the carb primed for the first time.
- First remove the plug and turn the engine over to make sure you have spark.
- Remove the cover plate on the carb that is held on with one screw. Be careful removing the pump diaphram. Wet this area real good with fuel. Replace the daiphram and plate.
- Remove the two idle screws one at a time and fill the holes with fuel and let it soak in and then put in some more and replace the screws and set them at about 1.5 to 2 turns out or what ever it says in your manual and tune from there.
- Remove the fuel line going to the carb and blow in the vent line to get the fuel up to the carb and pinch the line and place it back on the carb so the fuel stays in the line up to the carb.
- Shoot some fuel into the throat of the carb. If you cannot do this when it is installed then you can put it in through the plug hole or if you know how through the pulse line if your engine has one.
- Put the choke on and put the engine to full throttle with the ignition off. Give it 5 to 10 flips. Put the throttle back down to about 1/4 and then turn on the ignition. When it fires and dies then turn off the choke and it should start in a couple of flips.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:24 PM
RodanAZ

The first time I fired mine, I used an electric starter to get it primed.  Only took a few flips from that point.

Alternatively, you can use something like a turkey baster to pressurize the tank, and get fuel up to the carb.

The carb has a diaphragm that will have a hard time pulling the fuel when it's totally dry (like out of the box) just from flipping the prop by hand.  If you can get fuel to it, it'll pull fine.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:57 PM
RC Extreme power

Good advice in the two post above, If all else fails, contact who you bought it from for help.

Milton
Old 06-21-2009, 01:28 PM
mm

hello all,

i have just an aera 51, i would like to know about reliability ? how many gallons do you have on yours and problems ? later, perhaps it will go on EF yak 88 with pipe, what type of pipe would be nice, header and prop ?

thank you

stephane
Old 06-21-2009, 02:02 PM
RC Extreme power

About performance and reliability, will let others post about that.

For Headers and canisters or tuned pipe go to KS and get a header that will fit a
King 70, it will bolt right up to the Area 51.

Below is a video of our twin that I got parts form KS for a King 70 and made the header and used some proto type China made canisters (They were not the MT)

You can hear in the first part of the video when it is first cranked how quite they are and had hardly any power loss.

http://www.whiteknuckleairlines.com/...3&key=26&hit=1

Hope some of this helps

Milton
Old 06-21-2009, 02:20 PM
mm

thank you milton

Old 06-22-2009, 02:14 PM
rad darby

Where is a good source for a spinner bolt.  All Tru-Turn has is 10/32.  Thanks.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:32 PM
RC Extreme power

ORIGINAL: rad darby

Where is a good source for a spinner bolt. All Tru-Turn has is 10/32. Thanks.
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products...l.ex?sku=39560

Milton
Old 06-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Tankd

Does anyone have a stock muffler for the Area51 that they can part with? Seems mine developed a crack around the stack and decided to take flight and depart on its own. Milton seems to be busy or having fun flying as I have lost contact with my last email. [sm=cry_smile.gif]
Thanks!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:36 PM
RC Extreme power

ORIGINAL: Tankd

Does anyone have a stock muffler for the Area51 that they can part with? Seems mine developed a crack around the stack and decided to take flight and depart on its own. Milton seems to be busy or having fun flying as I have lost contact with my last email. [sm=cry_smile.gif]
Thanks!

T tec has a nice pitts muffler
http://www.jtecrc.com/area51engineswraparound.htm

Or you could probably go to your Mail box tomorrow and get the one that i shipped to you,

USPO Delivery no 0308 0660 0000 1999 2643

Had to borrow one from a local flier who has not mounted his engine yet until I can get more in stock.

Milton
Old 06-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Tankd

ORIGINAL: RC Extreme power

ORIGINAL: Tankd

Thanks!

T tec has a nice pitts muffler
http://www.jtecrc.com/area51engineswraparound.htm

Or you could probably go to your Mail box tomorrow and get the one that i shipped to you,

USPO Delivery no 0308 0660 0000 1999 2643

Had to borrow one from a local flier who has not mounted his engine yet until I can get more in stock.

Milton
Fantastic! I was starting to have withdraws[sm=spinnyeyes.gif].. Guess it time to hook up the trailer and wait on the mail lady..
PM me the cost and I'll PayPal ya for it... When it comes to support, you are #1.. I thank you!
Old 06-27-2009, 07:36 AM
RC Extreme power

[/quote]
Fantastic! I was starting to have withdraws[sm=spinnyeyes.gif].. Guess it time to hook up the trailer and wait on the mail lady..
PM me the cost and I'll PayPal ya for it... When it comes to support, you are #1.. I thank you!
[/quote]

There is no charge, it was under warranty.

Milton
Old 07-10-2009, 08:01 AM
gunshot2008

Milton,
Hoping that you are still alive! I have been trying to reach you for a few weeks now................ I have left several messages on your cell and even allens cell and have never heard anything back yet. Have you got my 51cc fixed or not or what? Are you waiting on parts? It would be nice to hear something...........If you are still waiting on the parts, then just let me know something.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
y2k6vette

Milton,

A little over three weeks ago you stated that you were expecting the new 28cc to arrive soon.......did it? If so, have you tested it?.......If so, how did it run?.......If it's OK, when will it be for sale and how much will it cost? My good flying buddy and I are chomping at the bit.....He still thinks his Area51 50cc is the best thing at the field by the way.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:53 AM
jc engine

Hi guy,

I am kevin from JC ENGINE CO.,LTD. sorry for milton's delay becouse he is very busy now about your question i can answer you.yes my new 28cc will coming soon but now i still going to make last test ,so far my new 28cc running good but i think of still need adjust some way so the finally date will be in the end of month.when i finish all test i will sent pics and details on RCU and my web : www.jcengine.com .

thanks for your patience !

kevin

www.jcengine.com
Old 07-12-2009, 09:59 AM
jc engine

Hi guy,

if your 51cc need help you can email to me and i will help you if milton still has not time to help you then i can help you ,but please email to me your problem :below is my email add: [email protected]

waiting for your news,thanks

kevin

www.jcengine.com

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.