Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

brushless questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 07:11 PM
tornbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushless questions

hello every one, i have a few questions. i have been digging around on the net. searching for a cheap brushless system. well i found some bl airplane esc's. they have a brake. no reverse. dont care about that. then i have found an ezrun bl 9t motor 4370kv that i would like to use. i was looking into like 80-100a airplane esc. i see that the burst for them is ten more amps. the kit that you can get with the 4370kv has a 35 amp esc. burst is 190 i think. will airplane esc's with brake work? its going into a 1/10 vehicle if this helps. thanks for reading and any input.
Old 07-06-2009, 07:55 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: brushless questions

it should tho personally i would just get a car specific ESC

the lug
Old 07-06-2009, 08:15 PM
Matt_Gruizinga
My Feedback: (1)

it kinda depends on what car you will be putting it in. the 35a motor is kinda low for a heavier vehicle but should be o.k. if you have a very light truck or car.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:10 AM
RCcars4me

Your better off buying a ESC specifically for a car/truck because the airplane ESC doesn't work the best (trust me I've seen it). The $50 or so you spent on the ESC will eventually lead to money in repairs due to the lacking ability to stop the car before running full speed into a wall [sm=crying.gif] (My ruslter vxl is still in the "hospital")
Old 07-07-2009, 06:14 AM
jrock0012

I'd say go for the Ezrun combo, either the 35amp or 60amp combo's. The price is great and they run great. My 60amp combo in my firestorm is still running strong after 3 months. Heck I even through in 4s the other day for #%@&% and giggles (THOUGH I DON"T RECOMMEND IT, it's only rated for 3s) and the thing was a rocket [X(], it was flipping over at 40mph just insane
Old 07-07-2009, 08:18 AM
rebuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to this site, click on brushless motors and speed controllers and check out the second choice $119 for an 80 amp esc and an XL motor 35mm x 74mm, it seems like a pretty good deal. The esc is fan cooled and can handle 4s lipos.

www.kershawdesigns.com
Old 07-07-2009, 08:52 AM
tornbb

okay thanks for the help. i saw the airplane ones on the net and was wondering if it would be worth it. i got the ezrun for my mini and it worked wel, im not looking for insane speeds and whatnot. i just want bl because of the advantages of it(not into rebuilding motors after every ten to thirty runs). i was leaning toward the hobbywing 35a 4370kv combo. i just bash really. it will also be going into a losi dt. looking for more top end then currently offered by the stock system.maybe if i was going to race it id go all out on it. thanks for all you input. you've helped me make up my mind.