Notices

century swift 3d rtf

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 07:34 PM
lorhd2005
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default century swift 3d rtf

anyone have this,is it very hard to fly,i wont be doing any 3d anytime soom,hows the quality,i fly a srb quark at the moment and want a bigger heli thats rtf ,thanks
Old 01-18-2009, 11:18 PM
rotordoc

Default RE: century swift 3d rtf

I have two Swifts - the Swift 16 and the Swift 550SE. They have proven to be great helis and easy to set-up for basic training, sport flying, scale flying or 3D - all depends on your power system and radio gear.

I do not think their RTF out of the box is set-up for 3D. From everything I have read, it is set-up for very basic training type of flight. The RTF version comes with a pretty good motor, ESC and the heli itself is very capable. But the limiting part of the RTF version is that, like most RTF's, it also comes with a very basic radio, servos and gyro. So if you want to progress past basic flight you will probably find yourself going to a better radio and gyro.

So maybe you would be better served getting one of their basic ARF combos that come with motor/esc/and battery and get a decent radio that can take you well into all types of flying.
Old 01-19-2009, 07:50 AM
lorhd2005
My Feedback: (9)

thank you
Old 05-25-2009, 08:12 PM
mikewinter

Hi i a swift rtf and i want to change it a to 2.4 futaba radio and recever, can i replace the recever gyro and servos with the regular servo and the ESC for it will work with it. I s the voltage from the ESC is 4.8 volts. please let me know . thanks mike
Old 05-26-2009, 09:48 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I changed out a friends RTF to a Futaba 6EX/2.4 with no problem...servos and receiver. It flew a lot better. Just initially changing out the servos with the supplied radio made a big difference.

I found the heli, motor, esc to be very good, even the basic HH gyro it comes with is pretty decent. But like most RTF's I have ever seen, the servos are the weakest link in the whole system.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:26 PM
flybye123

I love mine. took it out of the box, checked over the entire heli, found the tail belt needed to be tighter, checked all screws and setup with my dx7, (silly not too) and put a better tail servo on her and thats it. flys nice ff and does basic flips, rolls, loops, perfect to learn and grow with. the gyro works much better with my new tail servo and I already had two 4s evo 3700 packs, so with the 4s century pack that came with it, I can get three nice flights (mixed light acro and ff) at about 5mins each. good for now. I cut my canopy scoop off the bottom so my battery can mount more forward for perfect cg with no added weight. new decals changed for a better look than the ones that were on the canopy. thats all for awile until I feel the need to upgrade.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:35 AM
flybye123

some pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni22375.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1233850   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25808.jpg
Views:	119