Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Seaplanes
Reload this Page >

Info on Aventura Twin??

Community
Search
Notices
Seaplanes Aircraft that typically take off and land on water...radio control seaplane discussions are in here.

Info on Aventura Twin??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:03 PM
moodier
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Aventura Twin??

Hi;Picked one of these up used!Kind of cute but hard to believe it will fly with the stock set-up?Tried out with a 3S 2100MH battery and does move across my lawn but that different than actually flying off water.Need one wing float for it don't know if parts still avaiable fo it?Tried search but didn't get much! Any info!Thanks
Old 06-30-2009, 10:32 AM
jpg0529

Default RE: Info on Aventura Twin??

The Aventura Twin is a very nice flying seaplane with the stock setup. Mine is in its 5th year now. My specs are below.
A Youtube video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIHVMgQVfI4

I don't know where you could get parts as Hobby Lobby doesn't list it anymore.

Joe

Wing span: 43" Area: 333.5 sq.in. Wing loading:17.1oz/sqft. Wing Cube Loading: 11.24 AUW with two Prolites is 39.6 ozs. It is powered by Speed 400 6 volt brushed motors, 6x4 props, with a 30 amp FMA ESC. Batteries are now two Thunder Power Prolite 2S1P 2100 mah or Extreme 2S1P 2200 mah Lipos in parallel. Max current is 26.8 amps and 198 watts on a bench test with the eLogger. AR6000 receiver is used in this plane. HS-81 servos are used throughout.
Old 07-03-2009, 07:10 PM
moodier

Hi;Just wondering the one I have has little tiny props!Graupners,12-12cm and 4.7-4.7".They sure look tiny on it.Looks like stock motor set-up just couple of silver can motors!Set it on ground with a 3S11.1 1300Mh battery wqoldn't even move but then of course it is a seaplane tried a 2100 Mh one and did move across the lawn!Just seems those are awful small props and see yours has 6/4s on it soundslike more reasonable size!Also missing the tip float on one side may try without them as it has a pretty wide fuselage,actiually have one float for it but might be better with none than the one.Neat looking little plane looks like probably long out of production just like the Kyosho PBY I would like to have!!Thanks for the info!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Airboatflyingship

Hi the Adventura twin is available/back in production In Europe, Ive seen it for sale on a German site. I also have the manufacturers Pdf instructions saved from first time, It flies great on brushed motors......but so do Ivan Pettigrews designs they just use gearboxes........... the best mod is to use Lipos. They also did do an XXL version very nice but expensive.

heres the German site http://www.modellbau-bichler.com/ave...06fddd6d6b432e
Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 AM
moodier

Thanks for the info!Nice to know will fly on those brushed motors.On vacation for a month but try when I get back plan to use Lipos I have but wonder they are 3s2100mh are they to hi volt for these motors ?Intersti ng site on there add would be nice if could read german have friend wioll see this fall that is german!They seem heavy but the balance seems pretty good with them up front?Thanks again@!!!!Bob
Old 07-15-2009, 10:03 AM
Airboatflyingship

Bob download the google toolbar and it will translate it for you it also has a very good easy to use online spell checker. meantime try this http://translate.google.com/translat...06fddd6d6b432e
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Wt59337.pdf (1.88 MB, 22 views)
Old 07-16-2009, 04:40 PM
Airboatflyingship

Ah at last found it all over here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...t=Aventura+xxl hope that answers your questions theres lots on U tube its realy a sweety even on two DD brushed motors. light geared units might be worth a try.
I do wish someone would bring back the XXL version............................ what do you think
Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 PM
moodier

WIl be anxious to try it out!Know very little about electrics prefer Glow but guess time to get with the modern world!Is it OK to run them on those 11.1 lipos /Have the GP PBY but have yet to figure out how to wire it etc.LIke Twins but tired of one engine landings.Have 2 big PBYs,one an 86" really would like to go electric but again they are very forgiving planes so maybe glow OK there!Just lost bueatiful Dualist,Lost engine on a stall turn,happens to often on glow!I try to go back and correct the spelling but am such a poor typist would never get anything typed if got to upset abut spelling!
Old 07-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Airboatflyingship

Moodier with modern electrics power isnt a problem converting glow to elec etc, its not cheap going all high tech elec but .................? and a motor out is rare, taxing back is a lot easier as well, if you want to stay with glow I would suggest fitting an onboard glow drivers to back up running. fuel filters etc.

If you can pick up a Ventura twin it will fly well on just S400 old brushed motors and NimHs, You can buy Lipo cells and you can even buy can motors now developed for Lipos including S400s & 480s, see Mr low tech- Ivan Pettigrews Work using Jamarah s480s http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=448080&page=2 . If you go fitting brushless motors, the motors are cheap at that end - bell type but you will need two controlers.... its they that usually glitch or fail.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:33 AM
moodier

Thanks much for the excellent info!Funny thing is I bought it hanging on the ceiling of a ocal hobby shop,Told wife this thing will never fly with those littlemotors etc but just thought it was cute.Have been know to buyplanes that I like looks of without actually expecting them to fly.Since learning about hobby city in China electrics look more appealing sure difference inthere prices compared to US.Have seen Ivans planes he sure does some bueatiful work.My trounble is with the giveaway prices find on used planes can't bring myself to build!When get home have to figure out how to rig that GP PBY.Just matter of the wireing would have been easier if had bought all the components from GP but to cheap!Just have to solder up some wires!Thanks again for all the info found the RC site with the info.WIll be anxious to get it flying when get home live on a lake so good for seaplanes!
Old 07-17-2009, 12:42 PM
Airboatflyingship

You are going to have fun....................... and if you seal it and fit a flycam well youl have a pilots eye view. Spray your motors, RX and controler with something like corrosionX bag up the RX if poss............ but you will know all that.