Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Is this normal

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Is this normal

ORIGINAL: psb667

should have sent him on a wild goose chase to the lhs?

Now that would be fair and payback at the same time!
Old 08-13-2009, 03:35 PM
outdoorhunting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with you, Sport Pilot !! I don't call that being an ahole at all. That was giving, what someone had coming. If someone gives me respect,then they deserve respect.!!!!!!! If someone is outright rude on disrespectfull, especially in a bullying way, then I'm just returning the favor !!! The reason people like that do it is, they know they can get away with it. Most times when they do that, if you come right back at them, they will act like the true coward they are & go away. Yeah, I said coward, don't you notice they will always either be bigger than you or have you outnumbered. I come from the "old school" & I wouldn't have it any other way !!!! If someone does that to me or mine,don't expect me to turn the other cheek.
Old 08-13-2009, 11:08 PM
psb667

ORIGINAL: speedy72vega

Let me know what school, i'll go fly with you. Let's see if that guy starts something then!
piefer elementary. miller and beleview
Old 08-14-2009, 08:20 AM
speedy72vega

ORIGINAL: speedy72vega

Let me know what school, i'll go fly with you. Let's see if that guy starts something then!
piefer elementary. miller and beleview
You're right around the corner from me practically. I'm right near Wadsworth and Bowles.
I'm going to fly at Chatfield tomorrow morning, probably from 7AM to about 12 Noon. If you've never flown there, you should check it out.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:30 PM
psb667

I dont really have a plane big enough for chatfield.
Old 08-15-2009, 01:42 PM
speedy72vega

I dont really have a plane big enough for chatfield.
It doesn't matter how big your plane is, I took my Micro Sukhoi out there this morning, I don't think you can get any smaller than that!!!
People fly anything from HobbyZone Super Cubs to 33% scale and everything in between. No one is going to make fun of you out there, we all want to see people come out and fly, no matter what you're flying.
2 of the planes I fly out there are my Mini Ultra Stick and my Great Planes P47. Both are only around 40" wingspan, not big planes at all. Lots of people fly foamies there too, T28's, Corsairs, fan jets, etc.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:23 PM
psb667

Ive got this hobbico nextstar ive been trying to figure out. Any of the guys out there friendly about nitro plane newbies?
Old 08-19-2009, 07:35 AM
speedy72vega

Just about everyone out there would be willing to help you. The Jeffco club has a bunch of good guys, they've helped me alot. Just make sure you read the field rules first before flying, they're posted on a big bulletin board. Other than that, you won't have any problems there at all.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:30 PM
Smacka

The weirdest things keep happening to me at the park across the street from my house. A big guy(and im 6ft) hekled me while i was flying when I told him to mind his own business he came over while I was flying and tried to bully me. this isnt a normal occurence plus the guy had to have been at least 30. Please tell me this isnt normal for park flyers.
So, what is "normal", anyway? A group of friends that get together and decide what they "think" and "do" is normal?

I have always had issues with someone asking "is it normal...blah...blah...blah" when normal has yet to be defined...well, outside of Black's Law Dictionary anyway. And, if you think Lawyers are "normal"??? Hoo boy...right CTDALE?!

Some will tell you "normal" is what ever is socially acceptable! Now, that right there is funny. I don't care who you are!!
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
psb667

Sarcasm is apparently a lost art and the last group who tried to have there way with went home with there brown eyes blue(metaphorically speaking) As for the topic its meant to reflect on the if in do rc geeks(if you are on this website you are one) get picked on. Its fairly obvious most pick on each other.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:13 PM
Smacka

Sarcasm is apparently a lost art and the last group who tried to have there way with went home with there brown eyes blue(metaphorically speaking) As for the topic its meant to reflect on the if in do rc geeks(if you are on this website you are one) get picked on. Its fairly obvious most pick on each other.
Okay, I will give it to you straight without the humor, or sarcasm, as you call it.

What you have been posting on this sight is not normal. Your reaction to the "park bully" is not normal. To purposely try to escalate aggression is not normal.

You are lucky the "park bully" did not shut your mouth for you permanently. The situation that you have described became mutual combat as soon as you escalated the confrontation. Once you had the initial negative contact, you should not have went right back to the park to fly. One could surmise you were looking for trouble, to even the score because you were upset.

I have seen a lot of situations like this in 15-years of Law Enforcement. Grow up and be the better man and walk away. Do not return to the scene and perpetuate trouble.

Lastly, I am not "picking" on you. I am trying to give you thoughts that will keep you from making a grave error in the future. Do with it what you will...

Best of luck to you!
Old 08-20-2009, 09:00 PM
outdoorhunting

Yea, be a wous, & let the jerk run you out of the park ( it's yours as much as it is his)!!!Is a coward "the better man?" Bullies, bully because they can. If you stand up to them,they normally will back down..If you don't, get used to being pushed around your whole life. What goes around-comes around !!!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:45 PM
psb667

Yea and the f&^$#^* drug dealers i call the cops on. they can have the elementary school parking lot across the street from my house to im sure they would love a little less attention. If you wanna get high and mighty call jeffco co. sheriffs department and askem why thugs and druggies are bullying me in my hood at the elementary school. This is about finding out if park flyers get harrassed normally and to what degree. I am fully aware of the consequences of my actions whether coward or lion isnt in question. Cops arnt effective in keeping out this kind of element it is a village thing. I dont want the guy in the black dubd out escalade sitting in the parking lot of the elementary school waiting for the nieghborhood kid to show up and buy some $^*! from him. Death is a risk you take everday no matter what. Fear and indifference are choices
Old 08-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Masonhornet

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

Yea, be a wous, & let the jerk run you out of the park ( it's yours as much as it is his)!!!Is a coward ''the better man?'' Bullies, bully because they can. If you stand up to them,they normally will back down..If you don't, get used to being pushed around your whole life. What goes around-comes around !!!

It sounds to me like this guy was behaving in an erratic manner... be careful. In the movies, the bullies always back down, but in real life you could spend the next eight weeks eating your dinner through a straw.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:11 AM
psb667

Never picked a fight in my life. I learned early on How to tell the difference between the ones who are likely to hit you in the face and the ones who hit you in the back of the head this guy would have hit me if I tried to get my plane and go. He would have waited till I pickup the plane first to lessen the chance of getting his clock cleaned due to bad judgement. In addittion he was entirely large enough to require all my attention should he have tried to charge in on me. If these guys had been mentally or emotionally unbalanced in that respect they would not have let me leave the park in the first place. This guy I think was coked or methed out more likely meth due to the surrounding area. In addition I waited until whoever they were meeting showed up sold them there $#!? and left. I fully expected them to be gone when I got back. I would appreciate some video of people park flying so as to liven up this post./www.youtube.com/watch?v=340qy7AM4W0 www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTuUCq68Ijk
Old 08-21-2009, 07:10 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok guys, I think this discussion has gone about as far as it can go. I'm going to close it before it gets out of hand