Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RCCommand Battle Systems

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2009, 05:03 PM
gigantohawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCCommand Battle Systems

Kclank, well done for reminding me. In answer to your question, I meant to but I forgot, I've been preoccupied trying to make the battle system work. I will find out though and pm you if you want.

Nick.
Old 06-14-2009, 05:04 PM
kclank

heck let everybody know. not a STATE SECRET IS IT? LOL
Old 06-15-2009, 06:05 PM
gigantohawk

Been struggling with the internet tonight. The storm must have knocked out the server.
I got an email from Bill today. He's going to replace both battle systems, they should be here in 7-10 days. Here's hoping everything is ok this time. It should be with Bubbajoexx helping me through every step.
Bubbajoexx I just need another favour. Could you post the Dip switch settings for weight and is momentum/recoil blocking programmed from the transmitter. If so could you post that procedure.

Many thanks,

Nick
Old 06-18-2009, 01:10 PM
kclank

Have you heard from Bill or Bubbajoexx about the dip switch settings? i have 2 emails in to RC Command and have not received any answer.
Old 06-18-2009, 02:19 PM
gigantohawk

here's what I got from Bubbajoexx.

settings light tank dip 1 on

medium tank dip 1 off dip 2 on

heavy tank dip 1 on dip 2 on

recoil block dip 3 on momentum on left stick up momentum off left stick down

thats all i have so fare

My reply,

Thanks Bubbajoexx,
Presumably the up/down left stick programming is initialised by switching the tank and transmitter on. Then moving the left stick up or down for programming before pressing the transmitter start key. Is that correct ?

Thanks for your help,

Nick.

Bubbajoexx confirmed this with,

power on but dont press the start button till programed

So we are getting there. I just think we need to know which wayis dip off and dip on.

hope this helps Gents,

Nick.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:18 PM
kclank

I just received this from Frank asw Billis out of pocket at the moment.

Sorry. Bill has been out of the office all week.

The setting are:

1 on, 2 off – light tank

1 off, 2 on – medium tank

1 on, 2 on – heavy tank

3 on – track recoil off

3 off – track recoil on

Frank

thanks
Old 06-18-2009, 07:02 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: gigantohawk

here's what I got from Bubbajoexx.

settings light tank dip 1 on

medium tank dip 1 off dip 2 on

heavy tank dip 1 on dip 2 on

recoil block dip 3 on momentum on left stick up momentum off left stick down

thats all i have so fare

My reply,

Thanks Bubbajoexx,
Presumably the up/down left stick programming is initialised by switching the tank and transmitter on. Then moving the left stick up or down for programming before pressing the transmitter start key. Is that correct ?

Thanks for your help,

Nick.

Bubbajoexx confirmed this with,

power on but dont press the start button till programed

So we are getting there. I just think we need to know which way is dip off and dip on.

hope this helps Gents,

Nick.

I suggest you go to Darkiths website and follow his directions. Replace darkiths jumper settings with the dip switches and the instructions are the same. I wonder why that is?
Old 06-18-2009, 07:49 PM
darkith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: YHR

I suggest you go to Darkiths website and follow his directions. Replace darkiths jumper settings with the dip switches and the instructions are the same. I wonder why that is?

Very interesting indeed. Naturally, Ican't recommend using my instructions for any random battle system...why, the only way they could work would be if somebody illegally and immorally copied not just my design (e.g. schematic and PCB design), but also copied my software as well.

It's a shame that this sort of "confusion" exists...I'd like to clarify the situation with RCC, but I can't seem to establish meaningful communication.

D.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:59 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

man this could be a bummer .

Jimmy
Old 06-23-2009, 06:02 PM
kclank

so what's the status of this installation/ you are the pathfinder here. i am waiting for your results before i go aheAD INSTALLING THIS IN MY kv-1 vs a Darkith unit.
Old 06-23-2009, 09:56 PM
ksoc

Before I was to install anything, I'd like to have the issue of where the design of the hardware and software came from. This is the question I get from reading the posts for far.

If that doesn't bother you, and you want to participate in the possible rip-off of the REAL path finder - Darkith - then go right ahead.

I have purchased a T-34 from RC Command, and everything went great - but there is a cloud hanging over this until RCC publicly makes a statement and clears everything up regarding the origins of their Battle Circuit.

What kind of tech support are they providing? Is it that good if you are asking Darkith for help.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:14 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

throw in my 2 cents worth here. Looking at both systems right in front of me me ,I have to say that yes there are some similaryties, But they dont use the same processor chip. They do use the same type connectors, As to make them compatible with HL. This is the main thing to be aware of. They do need to use the same type of parts to be compatable with HL. The RCCommand sound card is totally different than the DBC . The DBC system uses the same sound card that can be bought at almost any electronics supplier. It is the same sound card that came with Nick's battle circuit that I have for my 88 MM Denix gun. What also needs to be remembered is that if there are no patents on a design then there is no way to prtect that design. That being said I believe that there was no intention on RCCommands part to copy or duplicate Darkiths system. I just dont see it looking at both boards. Like I said there are some similarities but not a copy. Especially the sound cards. And some people just might really like to be able too down load some 3000 sound bites. You never know. I cant say for sure as far as the actuall electronic language of these boards but the DBC system needs an external power source for his sound card. The RCCommand system does not.. I do also believe that Bill really needs to do better with instructions that should come with his products. That is really the only complaint that I have with the system as I had to contact Bubbajoexx myself also to find out how everything goes together. I do not want to offend either party here because both are very respectable suppliers. I just told you what I can see, and know.
Old 06-24-2009, 07:02 PM
irongutz

just because there is no patent on it, doesnt make it ok to rip off someones hard work. I wont order anything from Rccommand until this is cleared up. IMHO!![:@]
Old 06-24-2009, 07:07 PM
YHR

A patent makes it iron clad, however intellectual property can be protected in other ways.

However to me the thing that is at issue is the actual battle circuit. That is where all the similarites are, and that is the real issue. I would love to hear RCC commands point of view on this. Darkith has voiced his opinion, and it would be nice to hear a counter. Something like the programmng is completey different.

I will state I have no real idea if it is copied, The circuit board looks identical except for the power Transistor that powers the sound board. When I saw up close pictures of the unit I thought it was a DBC, so that an Darkth comments have made me form my opinion.

SO is it or isn't it a copy????????
Old 06-24-2009, 07:19 PM
darkith

Not to belabor the point, but Bill@RCC has already admitted to me that the RCC main board is basically copied from my DBC-HL main board. He claims that it was "redesigned" for certain features, but if I took the design of a Mustang, slapped a different spoiler and carburetor on it and call it redesigned, you can bet Ford would sue my pants off if I started churning out cars from my own factories.

And regarding patents...a patent protects an *idea* or process. Tamiya could have patented the concept of an IR based battle system for tanks. Once an idea has been freely released without a patent, it can't be patented by somebody else, as prior art exists. Anybody can use unpatented ideas (e.g. the general idea of an automobile is not protected by patent). You can't patent the idea of a pair of scissors, but if you came up with a really *different* pair of scissors (e.g. cuts uses light sabers) you could patent that specific type.

Now copyright is different. Every "creative work" is *automatically* copywritten. PCB design and artwork falls into this category, as does software. Copy it directly, or copy it with minor changes (a derived work) and it's still illegal to produce without permission of the copyright owner (which by default is the creator unless he/she sells that right).

So, my work is automatically protected by copyright. Bill has already admitted to me that the RCC design is a derivative work. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the software was also copied.

The sad thing is that I would have been pleased to collaborate and produce an even better system with our combined resources....but I was never even asked. I have some great ideas for a next gen DBC, but it may not be worth producing if it'll be ripped off.

D.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:10 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts

Darn and I like the DBC ok that is mostly the DBCRC2 .
Dave you could make a DBCRC3 hell patent it if you have to but dont let it stop you please

Jimmy
Old 06-24-2009, 09:31 PM
kclank

ORIGINAL: bowlman

Darn and I like the DBC ok that is mostly the DBCRC2 .
Dave you could make a DBCRC3 hell patent it if you have to but dont let it stop you please

Jimmy
Yeah you have a following Dave. Your work and knowledge have been invaluable to this site. Hopefully something can get resolved between you and RC Command but until it does i am thinking bill will lose some business. not advocating just forecasting.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Matdragon

ORIGINAL: darkith

Not to belabor the point, but Bill@RCC has already admitted to me that the RCC main board is basically copied from my DBC-HL main board. He claims that it was "redesigned" for certain features, but if I took the design of a Mustang, slapped a different spoiler and carburetor on it and call it redesigned, you can bet Ford would sue my pants off if I started churning out cars from my own factories.

And regarding patents...a patent protects an *idea* or process. Tamiya could have patented the concept of an IR based battle system for tanks. Once an idea has been freely released without a patent, it can't be patented by somebody else, as prior art exists. Anybody can use unpatented ideas (e.g. the general idea of an automobile is not protected by patent). You can't patent the idea of a pair of scissors, but if you came up with a really *different* pair of scissors (e.g. cuts uses light sabers) you could patent that specific type.

Now copyright is different. Every "creative work" is *automatically* copywritten. PCB design and artwork falls into this category, as does software. Copy it directly, or copy it with minor changes (a derived work) and it's still illegal to produce without permission of the copyright owner (which by default is the creator unless he/she sells that right).

So, my work is automatically protected by copyright. Bill has already admitted to me that the RCC design is a derivative work. I wouldn't be surprised to find out that the software was also copied.

The sad thing is that I would have been pleased to collaborate and produce an even better system with our combined resources....but I was never even asked. I have some great ideas for a next gen DBC, but it may not be worth producing if it'll be ripped off.

D.
hi there,

I have 2 of your battlesystems allreay and they allowed me to contribute with IR battles between tamiya's, and thats just brilliant, it lets people who cant afford the luxury of tamiya's experience the same game I look really forward to your next gen DBC, i probably wont buy any RCC modules, and certainly not until the copyright issue is cleared up,

good luck Darkith, i wish you all the best,

Matt
Old 06-26-2009, 02:14 AM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I see the Rccommand system has similarities in design, and that's because the DBC design is brilliant. But it offers no momentum/weight class simulation, or superspin and recoil disabled, while focusing on an improved sound experience (which should expand towards the custom engine sounds we are all waiting for) : the software can't be the same, am I right?
A collaboration towards an improved common design, rather than having two almost overlapping systems, would have been definitely the way to go, however I hope that David will go on producing a new, improved system.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:48 AM
YHR

It has weight class, and recoil blocking. I can't say for sure it has momentum .

It would be nice if somebody from RCcommand came on line and presented their opinions , and state some facts about this RCC??????.

They have been incredible about everything else, but very quiet about this. I have thrown around some speculative opinion, based on my observations and I would have thought it was in their best interest to addresss some of this.

I was very supportive of this RCC system when it was first released and even sent email to Bill thanking him for his contribution to this growing hobby, and specifically thanked him for coming up with a new sound system. When I first saw it I thought it was a collaborative effort between Darkith and RCCommand/ Then I started hearing some things that didn't sound quite right, and have been looking for some clarification ever since.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:54 PM
gigantohawk

Hi Gents,
I can claim to have made a small leap of progress with my RCCommand Battle systems. My progress to date is posted on another forum. I was waiting until I had something good to say before I replied here.
I installed my last remaining RCCommand Battle board ( the last corrected one ) into my spare Stug III. By that I mean just the RCC board, no IR and no sound card. I have tested the Stug for 2 battery cycles and can say that it drives perfectly. Momentum works well and recoil blocking functions. No signs of any overload to the RX-18.
I've emailed Bill and Bubbajoe for advice on the IR and sound card install.
Small progress I know, but at least it's progress.

All the best Gentlemen,

Nick.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
SteelFist

ORIGINAL: darkith

ORIGINAL: YHR

Very interesting indeed. Naturally, I can't recommend using my instructions for any random battle system...why, the only way they could work would be if somebody illegally and immorally copied not just my design (e.g. schematic and PCB design), but also copied my software as well.

It's a shame that this sort of ''confusion'' exists...I'd like to clarify the situation with RCC, but I can't seem to establish meaningful communication.

D.
Bravo, Darkith, Bravo. The sound of silence from RCC is deafening.
Old 08-22-2009, 07:05 AM
hobbimaster

My experience with the RCC battle system has been frustrating to say the least. I purchased a custom Jagdpanther from Bill about 3 months ago, and it took about 1 1/2 months to get here. I was told it had electrical "noise issues" during the build, and they were finally resolved. I know custom builds take time, so I really wasn't in a hurry, just wanted it to be right. when I received my new custom jagd it sounded fantastic, played with it for a bit then decided to battle with my daughters KV-1. That where everything went down hill. During our battle my tank.. just stops running...no sound..nothing. I take it apart and smell the odor of electrical death. I first thought it was the RX-18 since I was on the move quite a bit. So, ordered a board and RX from RCC. that was last month.. still no board, or emails back. I decided to order from Mato to pick up a Stug III, along with 2 RX-18 boards. I received these in about a week, and quickly replaced my old units. She fired up and everything looked good, but no IR function at all. Then It stopped running again, burnt electrical death small again......This time I could tell it was from the RX-18, so my 2nd RX-18 goes in, but this time I decided to take out the RCC battle system, and in doing so I noticed a little crispy colored resistor on the main battle board. I'm betting somehow this is the root cause of all my problems. Reinstalled new boards, now it works perfectly again, sounds like a regular jagd, but I can run it and even battle heng long's without a hiccup, just not Tamiya's. So to say I'm not impressed with the RCC battle system would be an understatement. I think I will be buying a Darkiths DBC next time since from what I've read has been much more reliable.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:38 PM
gigantohawk

In reply to Hobbimaster.

The crispy looking burnt out resistor is "resistor R22", it's a part of the IR cicuit. It get's burned out because there is a fault in the initial RCC Battle board's. There's a part of the circuit etching that is wrong. These have now been fixed. Contact Bill@RCCommand and get replacements.
I got my fully pre-wired and fully functional systems from Bill about a week ago and all worked well. Other than a high pitched screech when engaging drive.
Bubbajoe contacted me with a fix for this. I haven't had time to do this yet, but taking into account his electrical skills I'm sure this will work.
A lot of what we do with our Tanks is "embreyonic" and "Pioneering" and on that basis it may not always work first time or even second time. We push the envelope Gentlemen and expect a lot, thats human nature.
This system now works, all the choices are yours.

All the best Gentlemen,

Nick.
Old 08-22-2009, 10:07 PM
hobbimaster

Nick, How long has the problem with this particular board been known? Its not like this tank is 6 months old, I just got the darn thing. As far as contacting Bill, I feel I have been a very good, patient customer. I may have emailed Bill once a week during the build just to get a progress update, and never, ever asked for a rush job. As a matter of fact, I asked to delay sending it out till all the bugs, and features worked properly. I feel the battle system was never tested, since mine burnt out on the very first battle. I use to get email responses back within 24hrs, now nothing at all. Not even an update on the RX-18 I ordered with a few bits........For now I'm going to just leave it as is, I have no Tamiya's to battle against anyway.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.