Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

volcano fuel line issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:59 PM
jcon82

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default volcano fuel line issue

has anyone had a problem with their fuel intake line being eaten by the gear thats a 1/4 inch away from it? it scared the crap out of me when I fliped my sv in the street with no shell on it and found it lying in a big puddle of fuel (thought it was more serious!) I fixed it and zip tied it as far away as possible but was wondering if there's a better fix than that.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:03 PM
robriley

Default RE: volcano fuel line issue

that's exactly what i did. i used a zip tie and tied it to the round bar looking thing that's right between the line and the spur gear. I added an aluminum fuel filter and i have the zip tie around the filter, rather than the line to keep the line from getting squeezed closed. I haven't even ran mine yet, and i noticed this potential problem right away.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:05 PM
rebelxug

I also have experienced this problem and to fix it I replaced the fitting coming out of the tank with an elbow and went to a stiffer and thicker walled lines. Also i spun the muffler body 180 degrees so the the return air line runs into the top instead of the bottom of the muffler.

If I get a chance I will post some pictures of the setup.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:07 PM
jcon82

yeah looked like trouble from the start, if only the line fed out of one of the three other sides of the tank
Old 08-24-2009, 12:52 PM
blink!182

I too have noticed this to be a potential catastrophe. Just now getting mine to where it runs after having a crankshaft break right out of the box. Anyways I knew right away the fuel feed line was in a dangerous spot. Mine is already zip tied to the bar that runs around the gear, ived moved it as far as i could from the gear but its still too close for comfort. Just ran a tank of gas through it this weekend at idle to begin the break-in process and the hose already has a small gash in it LOL. Will have to do something before I get it rolling for sure.
Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 PM
chevyderek72

Its really not a big problem, just zip tie it so the fuel line cant wander over to the gear.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:12 PM
aldwardo
My Feedback: (1)

Sure you can ziptie it and get by, but it really is a design flaw. I have to check mine every run to make sure that the fuel line is not creeping around, because creeping millimeters is literally enough, plus it has to almost kink the line to make it not hit the spur.
My lightning has more of a plastic hood over the gears, and that makes it much better.
Old 08-24-2009, 04:50 PM
chevyderek72

Ya its a flaw, but trust me, ive never had one problem with it. just move it to the other side of the bar. It shouldnt be a problem, it kinda kinks a little bit but it doesnt hurt the fuel flow or anything