Notices
T-Rex heli For all you T-Rex lovers out there, this where you can post!

NEW BLADES

Old 08-25-2009, 12:11 AM
u)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW BLADES

So..... I smashed my Trex450SEv2 about 2 months ago (theirs pics on here in a post some where)and am just now getting around to fixing it and was wondering if the curtis yougblood radix blades are nice blades or not?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...n-Rotor-Blades

I previously had Mavrik 325 carbons on it.

ALSO, the cause of the crash is still unknown, every time I go to do a backflip and get upside down and start to apply negative pitch it takes off to the left. Thats what caused this crash. Any ideas as to what could cause that.

I set up everything using finless bobs videos and the other guy that he recomends to set up the DX7

Thanks much for any help ahead of time

Troy
Old 08-25-2009, 02:56 AM
dunkonu23

Default RE: NEW BLADES

While I don't have a TRex 450, I do have a TRex 500esp and I have Radix 430's on it. They're great blades. About the only blades I'd replace them with are V-Blades, but they don't have 425's or 430's, yet. My BH500 has 350's on it and they're great, too. If CY made 550 blades, I'd be using them, as well. Yep, they're good!

Scott
Old 08-25-2009, 05:38 AM
Skarn

The radix are by far my favorite blades. I fly them exclusively now. I get the cosmetically flawed ones for much cheaper and it's hard to see the flaws....you get them directly from the CY website.

Skarn
Old 08-25-2009, 08:43 AM
noobflyer01

my vote is for the Thunder Power 325mm carbon fiber.  These are true 325mm in length.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:16 AM
fusebmx13

I too use the Thunderprower 325's. They are longer than the align 325's even. I also have a set of the hyperion ones which are not as good.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:24 AM
u)

Ok well thanks for all your help guys. I really appreceiate it.

Do longer blades give you more stability and shorter blades more responsiveness??

Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:38 PM
BoysToys

The Radix blades are very nice! I use them when I am able to get the blems direct from Curtis Youngblood. You can't beat them for $23 a pair. I also really like the Mavrik wide cord blades available from Heliproz, but am not sure if they come in 325mm. The Align Carbon D blades seem to fly very nice as well. The best advice I can give is to get a couple of sets and see which ones you like the most.

Longer blades will give you more stability at the expense of cyclic speed. Shorter blades will make your heli more responsive at the expense of overall stablity.

One day out at the field, myself and a friend of mine pulled all of our 600 blades a flew them all back to back to see witch ones we liked the best. Here is the list of my favories in order.

1. Radix normal not stick banger
2. Mavrik G5 wide cord
3. Align carbon D
4. VBlades
5. Mavrik G4
6. Thunder Tiger

Once again this is my personal opinion based on my flying style.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 08-28-2009, 09:22 PM
KCinNC

my Radix blades tracked like Razors right out of the box