Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

RADICAL RC

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:53 AM
badarkstar
My Feedback: (28)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RADICAL RC

I just wanted to share a story with everyone. I have ordered quite a few batteries and such from Dave Thacker at Radical RC.
I had an A-123 I had ordered quite a few months before. I had used the battery for an Rx flight pack. The battery was used and then stored for a few months. When I went to use it, one of the cells seemed like it was dead and would not take a charge.
I sent it to Dave with a note explaining the circumstances. I also gave him my payment information and ok'd for him to charge the card once he know the cost to replace the cell and rebuild the pack.
Once Dave received the pack, he kept me informed as to the testing. and what he thought might have happened.
I received the pack back a few days later with an invoice that stated the cell had been replaced, and that it was repaired for no charge.
This is outstanding customer service, and a company that I really like doing business with.
Thanks Dave for all of the great battery information on your website, and thanks for staying on the leading edge of battery technology and taking care of all of our battery needs in this great hobby.

Bill Adams, Mesa Arizona
Old 08-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: RADICAL RC

I have been doing business with Radical RC since they started. How do you think Dave managed to grow his business when others were having a tough time. HONEST DEALINGS WITH HIS CUSTOMERS! And I'll be he didn't learn that in MBA school.
Old 08-29-2009, 10:44 AM
badarkstar
My Feedback: (28)

Thanks for the added comments Red,
Maybe this will get a positive thread going on good customer service around the hobby.

Bill
Old 08-31-2009, 06:14 PM
PacificNWSkyPilot
My Feedback: (19)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ONLY use Dave and Radical RC for my batteries. How many companies do you work with where you have COMPLETE confidence? That's what Radical RC is to me.

In fact, I just bought a handful of new batteries for my new projects the other day. I've been buying from him from the start too, and so far I've never had a bad product, or even one that I felt should have lasted longer. Always good quality and full life.

I'm a very happy customer. Which reminds me(thanks!), I was going to buy a few more tonight.

I wish my charger (bought locally) was a product I was happy with, that's a major headache for me and I'm still fighting with it.

Jim
Old 08-31-2009, 06:45 PM
Red Scholefield
Banned
My Feedback: (9)

Radical R/C is one of my favorite vendors, another is hangtimes hobbies (aka NO BS Batteries). Like Dave, he is someone you can talk to and get straight answers to your hobby questions.
Old 08-31-2009, 09:55 PM
nonstoprc
My Feedback: (90)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes, Radical RC is very reputable. I have been using their nicad packs for over 8 years. Never have troubles with the cells in these packs.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:27 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

Ive ordered serveral items from Rad RC good service and lightening fast shipping.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:31 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Thanks to a few PMs I was able to find a different manual for myThunder Power 610C Charger last night, and I THINK I've got the right combination now. I found a menu to get into the cycler and to set it up and start it, and the first time worked. I'm doing another today, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Now I can once again do a good job maintaining those nice batteries I get from Dave.

Thanks, guys.

Jim
Old 09-02-2009, 07:30 AM
PacificNWSkyPilot

Yes, it is cycling correctly. NOW I'm a happy camper!

Jim
Old 01-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Wildmann
My Feedback: (3)

Red You know you cant talk to Steve at all he is very opionated and for the most part he is also indifferant. Plus you cannot get him on the phone
I have had several batteries from him fail. and Will not do any business with him again. Plus I get phone calls at all hours of the night thinking that I am a part of Hagtimes and they want to complain.So
he is what he is a battery pack maker and that he does to the best of his abilities.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:12 AM
landeck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: badarkstar

I just wanted to share a story with everyone. I have ordered quite a few batteries and such from Dave Thacker at Radical RC.
I had an A-123 I had ordered quite a few months before. I had used the battery for an Rx flight pack. The battery was used and then stored for a few months. When I went to use it, one of the cells seemed like it was dead and would not take a charge.
I sent it to Dave with a note explaining the circumstances. I also gave him my payment information and ok'd for him to charge the card once he know the cost to replace the cell and rebuild the pack.
Once Dave received the pack, he kept me informed as to the testing. and what he thought might have happened.
I received the pack back a few days later with an invoice that stated the cell had been replaced, and that it was repaired for no charge.
This is outstanding customer service, and a company that I really like doing business with.
Thanks Dave for all of the great battery information on your website, and thanks for staying on the leading edge of battery technology and taking care of all of our battery needs in this great hobby.

Bill Adams, Mesa Arizona
I had exactly the same experience with SR Batteries this past summer. I have been doing business with them for 25+ years and always gotten great service.

Bruce
Old 01-15-2010, 03:17 PM
Big_Bird

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Radical RC has been my exclusive source for batteries for several years. It's a quality operation thanks to Dave.
Old 01-15-2010, 03:27 PM
huck1199

Who is Steve? Is he part of Radical RC?
Old 01-31-2010, 11:53 AM
Wildmann
My Feedback: (3)

Steve anthony used to work for SR batteries and went on his Own with NO bs Batteries He is a friend of mine . When I started Wildmann Graphics I was linked to his web no longer the case I was getting phone calls all hours of the night for his batteries . He does not do customer service at all. And I do so as you can See it strained our friendship.NoBs Batteries is his Puppy Wildmann Graphics is mine.