Community
Search
Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

First glider/sailplane RTF?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 01:47 AM
cj007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First glider/sailplane RTF?

Hi,
I have been interested in r/c gliders/sailplanes for years but could not get myself to buy a plane for fear of crashing, thus wasting my money. Even after all of these years I still have the desire to fly. I take it its best not get one with ailerons first a first time fly???

I have spent many hours researching RTF gliders and I wrote down 3 that interested me but I have questions about each one.

Radian Electric Sailplane RTF which was suggested. I am wondering if there is really an issue with the motor or battery overheating from a lot of use??? Someone had brought this up on one of the forums and I am searching for the truth on this matter.

"Easy Fly RTF EPP sailplane." Its a white foam build. I have no idea who makes this sailplane??? Does anyone know of this particular glider??? The design seems similiar to the Radian but the RTF package is different such as the electronics and transmitter. I am wondering which is better as far as quality and better buy between the Raidian RTF and the "Easy Fly RTF EPP comparing both planes and electronics-servos & transmitter???

Spectra Electric Sailplane RTF compared to Radian and Easy Fly RTF package???

Your final thoughts regarding the entire RTF package including the better electronics(servos, transmitter) as well as the better plane???

Thanks in advance for your expertise
Old 08-30-2009, 02:22 AM
OzMo
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: First glider/sailplane RTF?

Radian would be my first choice for ready built or ARF. However building skills and repairing skills are often the same.
Build a nice 2 meter balsa glider such as the gentle lady, there are many other similar choices.
Get some gear from Hobby City and get some one experienced to help with the first flight(s).
Count on Any first plane getting broken. Repairs, even when crashed severely, are really no problem. A simple to build glider is simple to repair. I have my very first RC plane, a Gentle Lady, that is WELL patched and 25 years old still flys.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:42 AM
cj007

Thanks for the info OzMo. I am crossing the "Easy Fly RTF" off the list because its hard to get and I bet parts are as well. I also decided to cross off the Spectra RTF due after reading about weak electronics. I hear the Radian as a weak tail which is prone to breakage? Not many entry level planes left? I guess its either the Radian or the Multiplex Easy Star??? Which is the better package???
Old 08-30-2009, 03:34 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This thread duplicates another in this forum and two in the Beginners forum.

The posts by the originator are word for word copies of others in the other threads.

Posters are asked to refrain from spamming the forums. This thread is locked. Please use just one thread per topic.