Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

BIG TIME PROBLEM

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 02:48 PM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: BIG TIME PROBLEM

Well being that dad was buying the parts of me he didn't want to spend too much money so we just went with the regular replacement parts. Although I forgot to tell him to get the 12T clutchbell being that it is the same as the regular. Oh well. Hopefully everything works out good and I don't have anymore issues. Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:00 PM
need2drag
My Feedback: (1)

ok, it looks like I am getting the 12T clutch bell. Dennis emailed dad asked him about getting the 12T instead since it was the same price. Thanks Dennis.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:01 AM
ModMYrdCatShkwv

heyy uhhh im hoping to make like a half  shockwave half tornado bb i wana know how much i can mix and match parts other brands maybe and do alluminum redcat hop up kits really last???
Old 08-29-2009, 03:20 PM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: ModMYrdCatShkwv

heyy uhhh im hoping to make like a half shockwave half tornado bb i wana know how much i can mix and match parts other brands maybe and do alluminum redcat hop up kits really last???
Parts are the same. The Shockwave is a Tornado. Aluminum is out for debate with pros and cons. The shock from hits does not transfer as well and aluminum once bent is a pain to fix. The poly parts flex more and are more forgiving. Aluminum suspension does put more power to the ground with no flex on suspension arms from torgue. If you want aluminum the shockwave and tornado kits are available.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:16 PM
chevyderek72

No the shockwave and tornado bb have different suspensions. The tornado is a pivot ball suspension and the shockwave is a kingpin i think it is.
Old 08-29-2009, 09:47 PM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: chevyderek72

No the shockwave and tornado bb have different suspensions. The tornado is a pivot ball suspension and the shockwave is a kingpin i think it is.
Yes but his question was will they fit one to the other. A tornado bb front suspension will fit on the shockwave chassis and visa versa. The single speed from a shockwave will fit on the tornado and the 2 speed from the tornado will fit on the shockwave and so on.
Old 08-29-2009, 11:54 PM
chevyderek72

Ya i know, but i wanted to point it out just in case he didnt know.
Old 08-30-2009, 08:59 AM
RCToysNh

ORIGINAL: chevyderek72

Ya i know, but i wanted to point it out just in case he didnt know.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:20 AM
ModMYrdCatShkwv

mhmm thank u for your comments. my idea was to just toss a whole front clip and maybe a 2speed tranny tornado, just want it beefy enough to hit the track without breaking arms in the first 5min and all the speed of a tornado, im tryin to say to hell with stock shockwave parts if tornado is the price or less....sorry im a noob
Old 08-30-2009, 05:22 PM
chevyderek72

Really i would stick with the single speed, 2 speeds are great for running on road or doing speed runs because you get great top end. But on the track your really dont need it. Like say you go down the straight and then slow down and try to go around a corner and hit a jump, well if its still in second your not gonna be able to accelerate as good anymore. For off roading and track use, i would say stick to single speed, for on road and or speed runs go two speed.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:17 PM
ModMYrdCatShkwv

ahah so i will have both! lol i wonder if i can go back and forth on the bell and shoes nah i think ill keep the single speed... well hey thnx ive only had like twenty mins track experiance with these things and maybe what im trying to with the piece is alittle farr out..but im tired of broken arms. hopfuly this works or im tossin drift tires on it till it blows
Old 08-30-2009, 07:21 PM
ModMYrdCatShkwv

anybody make there own fuel filters lol i think im gonna try to heck with buyn that chit
Old 08-31-2009, 07:32 PM
Swingline76

did u install the springs backwards or something. maybe you tightened the screw too much or your con rod and bearings might have sezed