Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Shipping to Mexico

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 06:02 PM
monradon
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shipping to Mexico

Have any of you guys ever shipped anything to Mexico. He says he has bought from here before and shipping was only 10.00 I can not seem to find those rates for shipping a Tx and two Rx's.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:02 PM
JOHNS3D
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Shipping to Mexico

there is no way it will cost that, most of the time will be about $40 or so by fedex, or ups.
Old 09-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Hemikiller
My Feedback: (125)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You'll want to use USPS First Class International, UPS and Fedex are ridiculous for international shipments.

http://ircalc.usps.gov/default.aspx?...ngle&CID=10287
Old 09-12-2009, 06:05 PM
monradon
My Feedback: (1)

Thanks guys , that is kind of the same thing I am finding. Maybe pass on a sale.
Old 09-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Druss

USPS First Class is what I always request when buying from the US.

http://www.usps.com/prices/first-cla...nal-prices.htm

A 2 lbs item to either Canada or Mexico (significantly cheaper than to other international destinations), is only $8.73 as long as it will meet the size restrictions below.

- No more than 24 inches long.
- No more than 36 inches in combined length, height, and depth.

With that said there is no tracking or insurance on First Class.

Another option is USPS Priority Mail and if you can fit it into the small flat rate box is an excellent option with includes tracking and $100 of insurance.

Priority Mail Small Flat Rate Box* (up to 4 pounds) $10.95 (Canada & Mexico) $12.95 (Everywhere else) 8-5/8" x 5-3/8" x 1-5/8"

You're stuck though since a radio probably won't fit in the small flat rate box which means you need to use their table or use a large flat rate box.

Priority Mail Regular Flat Rate Box (FRB-1) (up to 20 pounds) $25.95 $41.95 11" x 8-1/2" x 5-1/2"

Just as a note: I have had hundreds of packages shipped via first class with not one single problem. No damaged or lost packages. I do extensive online shopping via forums, ebay and retail sites.