Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes
Reload this Page >

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Community
Search
Notices
Electric Aerobatic & Sport Planes Discuss rc electric aerobatics and rc sport flyers here.

E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 08:56 PM
dsettles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: E-Flite Mini Pulse XT Owner's Club

Oh kool, looks my abortion. have you flown it yet ? you really should see my ultra stick wing on my super cub body............
Old 05-23-2009, 06:02 PM
sjflyer1
My Feedback: (3)

hI, i'M ABOUT READY TO ORDER mp pnp. Will  2200 3s 20c be a size/weight conflict. I have 6 now and it'd be nice to use em if possible, Thanks for all the MP experience sharing here.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:37 PM
phoenix426

should be perfect.
that's what Iuse in mine.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:55 PM
sjflyer1

Great!! Didn't think there would be a problem, but doesn't hurt to ask those in the know, TY
Old 05-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Snoopyxupery

ORIGINAL: dsettles

Oh kool, looks my abortion. have you flown it yet ? you really should see my ultra stick wing on my super cub body............
Let see!

Old 05-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Snoopyxupery

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGiPBNZ-7Ow
Old 05-23-2009, 09:13 PM
DwightMann

Save your money, Buy an ARF and use another motor. The PNP motor is even weaker than a standard 400. Flight is ok but not good.
I switched to a Park 480, and am very happy. I usually fly at 50%-65% throttle, full throttle gives me unlimited vertical. I get 10 mins. , land with >11.5v. ( which means it has the same power throughtout the flight).
Others on this forum have put more power than a 480, and get ballistic performance ( some push the structure to the limit). I don't think that anybody has been satisfied with the PNP motor. Although of the 1800+ posts, somebody might think it is enough.
Old 05-23-2009, 10:24 PM
sjflyer1

Yes, thru all the posts, the 480 seems to be the preferred motor, by far. However at my lvl of ability less is probably better for now. I'm training with the Hanger 9 P-51 and a Parkzone Radian....Living on an island, the nearest park is on another island where I fly the P-51, the Radian is at home here slope soaring 200' cliffs overlooking the Straights of Juan de Fuca and British Columbia, but I'm looking for a park flyer for the only small area I can fly here, although underpowered the slo-mo 450 pnp seems right....for now
Old 06-01-2009, 07:04 PM
mikeinde

I noticed there were a few folks interested in being able to fly the MPXT in Realflight.

Ijust finished building the simulator model for it. You can get it at<pre wrap="">knifeedge.com/forums/downloads.phpThis is my first attempt at building a model frm scratch for RF.For folks with stick time on the real-deal please let me know how it compares. I built it based on measurements from my copy of the model, but don't have any time on it yet.It's a basic stock setup with the park 450 and a 2200 mah battery. I did put large wheels on it to match my MPXT which Iwill be flying from grass fields.Enjoy!</pre>
Old 07-14-2009, 09:36 PM
eghershey

I'm a new owner of the Pulse XT mini. Just finished the assembly this afternoon. From the various posts I've read, I paid too much for it. 140 bucks. I had all the servos and receiver for it from another plane and I ordered a 40 amp ESC and the A2814/6T brushless motor for it. Its the same motor I used to upgrade my Super Cub from brushed stock to brushless. Both planes weigh about the same but the Cub is very chunky looking compared to the Pulse XT. I had to completely redo the motor mount for the motor I'm using from the stock 400/450 motor setup. I hope I haven't gone overboard with too big an engine.
My question is: I have several 1300 ma lipos and didn't know that the larger lipo battery was suggested for this plane. I've been using the 1300's in my cub with good results, if I fly it hard, about 8 to 9 minutes, if I fly it like the cub was built to fly I can get nearly 12 minutes.
Will the 1300 lipos work in this plane? I've got the balance point perfect with it and that battery. Can I parallel two 1300's to get the same voltage but double the amperage and run time?
Any suggestions before I do a takeoff tomorrow morning in the grass?
Old 07-14-2009, 10:47 PM
phoenix426

I run 2200's in mine. Don't worry about too much power. People have put in larger motors, so don't worry.
1300 batteries may be too light. Check the balance before flying.

My plane has a Turnigy 35-36C with a 36a speed controller, 10x7 APC prop. Flies probably 60+ mph. Love it!
I think this motor is probably a little hotter than the Park 480, maybe even equal to the Power 10.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:19 AM
woodbender

Any suggestions before I do a takeoff tomorrow morning in the grass?
Only thing I'd suggest is to beef up the landing gear. If you read back there are literally hundreds of posts about this issue; especially on grass.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:08 AM
Johnnyrocco123

Can someone plese explain how to Mount the E-flite 480 on to the Mini pulse??? I have the mount that came with he ARF but the bolts won't go through the holes with the motor on the mount. ARRGH!!! I've tried a bunch of #4 washers, but ut's way too tedious and a crumby job.
Old 07-18-2009, 02:13 PM
phoenix426

ORIGINAL: Johnnyrocco123

Can someone plese explain how to Mount the E-flite 480 on to the Mini pulse??? I have the mount that came with he ARF but the bolts won't go through the holes with the motor on the mount. ARRGH!!! I've tried a bunch of #4 washers, but ut's way too tedious and a crumby job.

you have to drill new holes in the fire wall and re-install the blind nuts for the new holes.
The Park 450 and 480 have different bolt patterns.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:12 PM
eghershey

Ok: I've had several flights now with the new Pulse XT. The first one, setup with a transmitter that doesn't have dual rate, and I used the middle position on the control rods both on the servos and attachments. Got off the ground very, very fast and holy moley......I'm all over the sky trying to get control of it. Manage to get a lot of altitude, (altitude is my friend) and calmed down and started just barely moving the sticks and flew in a circle thinking, how in the world will get this thing down in one piece. Well, got it down on the wheels and in one piece. Made the adjustments to the control rods to the mildest settings and said a Hail Mary and gave it another chance to impress me. It worked well, every thing under control and some of the nicest landings I've ever done (and no one to see them). I just picked up a 2.4 radio and receiver with dual rate and converted it. I'll see how that goes tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for some good advice.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:20 PM
phoenix426

ORIGINAL: eghershey

Ok: I've had several flights now with the new Pulse XT. The first one, setup with a transmitter that doesn't have dual rate, and I used the middle position on the control rods both on the servos and attachments. Got off the ground very, very fast and holy moley......I'm all over the sky trying to get control of it. Manage to get a lot of altitude, (altitude is my friend) and calmed down and started just barely moving the sticks and flew in a circle thinking, how in the world will get this thing down in one piece. Well, got it down on the wheels and in one piece. Made the adjustments to the control rods to the mildest settings and said a Hail Mary and gave it another chance to impress me. It worked well, every thing under control and some of the nicest landings I've ever done (and no one to see them). I just picked up a 2.4 radio and receiver with dual rate and converted it. I'll see how that goes tomorrow.
Thanks to everyone for some good advice.
I suggest using EXPO.

I have mine set with +35 on all surfaces
smooths it out nicely.

EXPO, like altitude, is your friend too.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:39 PM
svturtle

Hi guy's, lots of surfing, butfirst postso please be patient with me. I am looking at buying some Flightmax 2200mah25C lipo's for my mini pulse. Can anyone please give me actual measured dimensions for these packs? The only reason i ask this seemingly stupid question is that i have bought some Flightmax 4000mah 20C lipo's from HC for myApprenticeand the stated dimensions were way different to actual dimensions.
Stated size for 4000mah 20Cis 143x51x20 and actual is 138x45x23. Now these dimensions aren't a concern for the Apprentice(fits better actually)but when i put one of these in the tray of the pulse (just to check the height), the 23mmheight was just on borderline for this plane. If the 2200's size is as stated, (106x36x25)then they won't fit height wise? I know this question has been asked plenty of times before but i couldn't find answers with measured dimensions, only it'll fit typeanswers.

Thanks Scott.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:07 PM
Snoopyxupery

ORIGINAL: svturtle

Hi guy's, lots of surfing, but first post so please be patient with me. I am looking at buying some Flightmax 2200mah 25C lipo's for my mini pulse. Can anyone please give me actual measured dimensions for these packs? The only reason i ask this seemingly stupid question is that i have bought some Flightmax 4000mah 20C lipo's from HC for my Apprentice and the stated dimensions were way different to actual dimensions.
Stated size for 4000mah 20C is 143x51x20 and actual is 138x45x23. Now these dimensions aren't a concern for the Apprentice (fits better actually) but when i put one of these in the tray of the pulse (just to check the height), the 23mm height was just on borderline for this plane. If the 2200's size is as stated, (106x36x25) then they won't fit height wise? I know this question has been asked plenty of times before but i couldn't find answers with measured dimensions, only it'll fit type answers.

Thanks Scott.
There you can find the actual measured dimensions of the Flightmax 2200mah 25C:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7636
Old 09-09-2009, 09:59 AM
svturtle

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:16 PM
jecchile

Just got one of these... in the process of being put together...
Will a 400 brushless (that I already have) fly it OK or should I buy a new motor?
Don't expect to be doing any 3-D stuff anyway.
Thanks...
Old 09-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Snoopyxupery

I drop
a parachute from my MPXT this afternoon.
I'll send the video when it's ready
Old 09-14-2009, 06:06 PM
jpdjr

Hi all,

Just joined the Mini Pulse XT club and have about 10 flights on mine. I have the PNP with the kit 450 motor, kit servos, an e-Flite 30A ESC in place of the PNP's 22A, and a Spektrum DX5e DSM2 radio system. When I fly the plane, I use WOT to take off and then throttle back to 50% (throttle stick dead center of its travel) and can buzz around the sky doing basic rolls and loops for about 8-10 minutes using e-Flite 2100 mAh or ParkZone 2200 mAh 3S LiPo packs. Others in this forum have reported 12+ minutes of flight time. I am wondering why my times are shorter. I do know that these packs, which I bought for my T-28D Trojan from ParkZone originally are in the 5.5 - 6 oz range, would that weight be why the flight times are shorter?

On a separate note, I place the battery centered in the battery compartment with the wires on the canopy side of the compartment. I have the ESC mounted on the right side of the fuselage directly under the canopy (where it was installed at the factory) and the receiver secured about 2" behind the canopy on the balsa deck there with the top of the receiver facing down toward the wing. Whenever I fly, the plane always seems to want to climb, even though the tail and elevator are square to the fuselage and the control surfaces are completely level. It takes 5-6 ticks of down trim to alleviate the sharp climbing tendency. Should I move the receiver and ESC further forward? I also find that the plane is a bit twitchy on center in terms of roll and that I really cannot go hands off stick for more than a few seconds before the plane wants to bank left or right.

I appreciate any suggestions regarding this that you may have to offer.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
jpdjr

I have one more item to add to my previous post, I am flying the e-Flite 10x7 prop that came in the PNP kit.

Thanks
Jim
Old 09-14-2009, 08:24 PM
jecchile

ONE IMPORTANT QUESTION - DID YOU CHECK THE BALANCE ON YOUR MPXT?
For what you say - it sounds like it is tail heavy - if so, moving weight to the front part of the plane may help things...
Good luck.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:28 PM
eghershey

Well, after crashing my Pulse about a month ago by doing something stupid on my radio. (programed in flaps which didn't work and didn't remove that feature from the menu and accidently hit flaps toggle and ........and shame on me, down she went.
I decided to order a new fuselage and found that the Pulse XL was selling now for $114.00 which isn't that much more than just the parts I needed. So its on order and I'll be back monitoring the list again. Really like that lil plane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.