Community
Search
Notices
WildHare R/C Support Disscuss WildHare RC products in this forum. Please note, answers may be provided by Tom Fawcett (owner of WildHare RC) or by the general membership.

Wild Jare Cap

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 09:53 PM
cstevec
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Jare Cap

The other day I wuz on here reading about the new electric planes & the 73" wingspan planes Tom has now. Whilst I was doing that I saw the "Show me Your Caps" post. Reminded me that I had never uploaded any pictures of mine. When these first came out I ordered an all white one with the 91" wings, thinking I could have some fun with it. There was a lot of discussion about the smaller one but never much about the one I got. Gotta tell you guys, you missed the boat on this one.

I powered this bird with a 3W 80XI & put Hitec digitals all around for servos. Sullivan smoke system & designed a custom scheme which I had Brad at B&E Graphics cut out for me. I think it turned out pretty nice & it has insane power! So much so in fact I am actually thinking about putting a 3W 70 in it instead. Anyways, here is a couple of shots of the plane. There are no wheel pants because for some reason, my white plane came with red pants. Didn't work so well with the color scheme I designed so I left 'em off, figuring to order a white set later. I just never got around to it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki17880.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	204.2 KB
ID:	1274699   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt63224.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	151.3 KB
ID:	1274700   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb73739.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	132.3 KB
ID:	1274701  
Old 09-13-2009, 10:00 PM
cstevec

Default RE: Wild Jare Cap

That is my Gen II 300 Extra in the background. All in all, I have 4 of Toms planes. Used to have 6 but lost my favorite (the big 260, discontinued) & sold one (the Gen I Edge). Some guy came up to me at a fly-in down in NC and said he really wanted it, bought it on the spot.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:55 PM
exciter900rr

I must say that that is one GOOD LOOKING SCHEME! Good job!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:25 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that is one SEXY Cap. I love them and I am sad I missed the chance to get one when Tom had them in stock. Truly one a kind machines they are!

matt
Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 AM
cstevec

Thanks guys, The Cap turns heads at every field I take it to. I get a lot of questions about what kit it is & is it scratch built? stuff like that. Nobody believes me when I tell 'em it is an ARF. Dunno if he still does it but Tom used to let you special order solid color planes & that pretty much guarantees you a unique airplane. A little imagination is all it takes.

One thing though, don't let anyone tell you you can't overpower a plane. With the 3W 80XI this thing refuses to land, even at an idle. I have to kill the engine on approach to get it on the ground. 'Course having a CG ov 4.5" at the wingtip has a little to do with that.