Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

cx micro spinning to the left

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

cx micro spinning to the left

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:08 AM
grape

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cx micro spinning to the left

I know someone already posted a topic about this but I want to start a new one so I can get the exact help I need. What happens is when I take off my micro tends to slowly spin to the left (and this is with my trim set all the way to the right. I know there was some talk about adjusting the 2 screws on the board but that's something that I know absolutely nothing about. The last thing I want to do is go adjusting those screws without knowing what I'm doing!

My heli is flying just like that one guy posted about the way his flew.... (to the left and kept hovering in circles). I simply want to be able to take off the ground without my heli moving in either direction so I can properly move forwards and backwards, side to side. As the way it flies now it flies really crooked when I fly it forward even with me compensating the best I can by straightening out my micro from spinning to the left.

Any help would be appreciated about how to adjust those screws or whatever else can be done to fix this problem.

grape

Old 09-18-2009, 02:00 AM
CarGuy7a

Default RE: cx micro spinning to the left

I looked at the manual and it's goofy that it doesn't say a single thing about adjusting them.

One screw adjuster should be for right and left cyclic (if you are holding the heli with the tail towards you) and the other should be rotation.

What I would do is center both adjusters up. Pick an adjuster and turn it fully one way or the other and do a quick test flight with it to see what it does. Don't get it way up in the air only maybe about a foot off the ground that way if something wierd happens or it's not the right adjustment you can set it down fairly quick without trashing it.

Also would be a good idea to set all your trims to center as well.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:20 AM
grape

It's weird, carGuy, because the very day I posted that I went and tweaked with the trim some more (but inside my house, not outdoor) and I was able to get it to fly perfectly! However, I have taken notes on what you said about those screws. Thanks.

BUTNOWIHAVEABIGGER PROBLEM! Things were going fine for a while and I got real good at flying my micro until about 10 min ago. I was outside flying it and the top rotor barely nicked a tree limb thus causing it to crash to the ground (about 12-15 feet!)... Now, my heli won't respond to any controls at all! Like I said I'm just a beginner so I could only imagine what the problem would be now. I think it's safe to say it's electrical because well I still get the led light turned on while my power plug is in and the transmitter on.... You know maybe the crash broke an electrical part or something. I sure hope it won't be too expensive to fix! It could be something like my last problem I had but more severe ( you know, when I couldn't get more than 10 feet of distance betwen my transmitter and heli without the controls shutting out. Maybe I damaged a crystal or something. Geez, and I was just getting so good at flying it too! Of course I won't give up on this it's been so much fun for me. I guess this is just one of the things that goes hand in hand with owning a hobby......

iF anyone has any ideas on what I should do to try and figure out what the problem is please feel free to enlighten me. Or, if you know of a place that can fix it for me please let me know.

grape
Old 09-20-2009, 02:28 AM
CarGuy7a

I would say what you did about the radio crystal. I'm not sure if you can just buy the crystal itself or not. It probably shocked it enough to crack it.

I flew my CPV3 the other day and man I'm out of practice on it. Guess I need more sim time.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:59 AM
grape

You said you flew out of practice on it? Is flying a heli not like driving a car or riding a bike? Lol, jk I know it's not even close to the same..... After flying (or should I say trying to fly) a reg one rotor heli on a sim is hard enough! It blows my mind how real aircraft pilots do it! Now if all helis flew as easily as the cx micro it would be a different story.

Oh yeah, and I think I can buy the crystal but I went to my local hobby dealer and he seems to think I fried the whole board. I dunno though, because the led on the main board still comes on so......... either I'll just buy the crystal if it's not outrageous like the board is (around 65.00)....

grape

Old 09-20-2009, 04:25 PM
CarGuy7a

Actually flying a real heli I would think would be easier since you are sitting inside it and always flying "tail in" so to speak.

Well I've been running my trucks so much for about 2 months now and haven't touched the heli so I got a little rusty at it. I was doing really good with it until the wind started picking up on a daily basis and I wasn't able to fly it. I try and fly when there is almost no wind.

I know the 3 in 1 board for my CPV3 is like $80 or something stupid like that[:@]
Old 09-24-2009, 08:42 AM
grape

Yeah, I hear ya.... So I think I told you about how Helimax replaced my last helicopter from the defective transmitter and receiver. Of course I could just send this one in too now but then again I dunno..... I mean it really was pilot error this time so I don't know if they'd cover it under warranty or fix the board. I guess I'll just try and give it a shot because at this point what do I have to lose? I'm an honest person but maybe I shouldn't go into too much details when I send this heli back.......I mean I normally wouldn't try to handle something this way but geez louise, man that company must make a killing off of their replacement parts alone!...... I've spent atleast 40$ in replacement blades, shafts, screws, ect! The heli really is a money pit until you get good enough at flying it, which i feel I had become very good at flying it...... Like you said about the wind though, that's what caused me to hit that tree lol..... It's messed up because when you fly the cx micro indoors you can move forwards and backwards REAL fast but when you fly it outdoors for some reason and even with no wind it doesn't want to move forwards! I was hovering about 20 feet off the ground maybe and a small gust of wind blew it towards a tree... i was able to turn the direction facing the right way and I was pushing all the way forward on the stick for atleast 15 seconds ( I was fighting the small gust of wind) and even with me doing that my heli still was pushed into that tree!

Soooo I guess I wouldn't feel too bad about it if i sent it back just this time and hope they send me back a new one or perhaps fix it for me. Then, lesson learned- NOMOREFLYINGOUTSIDEUNLESSTHEWINDISLESSTHAN2 MPH! And even then I'll make sure I go to a field where there are no trees or any other objects!

grape
Old 09-29-2009, 07:06 AM
animalnut

I found micro cx's don't do well in large open fields there seems to always be a breeze you can't feel or even see in cig. smoke my modded cx could not fight back with a short fly bar and lighter weights but inside moves as fast as my micro cp almost, the last time I tried it was 6:30am dead calm got it up about 20ft and it just started drifting away after fighting it for an acre I dropped it over a horse field with tall grass luckily no damage, so if you gotta fly outdoors look for tall grass it's our friend
Old 10-02-2009, 09:48 AM
grape

Wow that's frustrating because my house is just too small to really fly my micro the way I want to fly it yet outdoors is bad because no matter what you do you just can't seem to escape the wind! This may sound stupid but I wonder if it has to do with another aspect of wind......like for example I can fly my micro indoors and even with the ceiling fan on or if the air turns on I can still get forward and backward motion unlike if I'm outside and maybe have the same amount of wind. I'm wondering if it has something to do with maybe indoors sort of acting like its own atmosphere, maybe the pressure is different...??? There has to be an explanation to this. I've had mine outdoors before and it will be flying just fine and then all at once I'm fighting the breeze to keep from hitting a tree!

Sometimes outdoors I can't get very much forward or backward motion at all, and in fact sometimes I may as well not even be using the right stick on my transmitter at all! I wish I owned like a gymnasium or something along those lines! Can you imagine the fun we cx micro users would have if we could always fly in a gym?

The thing is since I'm a beginner flier I don't know what heli I should get next. I want a heli that will fly great outdoors but I don't want it to be too hard to control, but at the same time I don't want a helicopter that flies like an airhogs product! Nothing against Airhogs I mean that was the first heli I evr flew and it was a total blast for 30 dollars but I'm way past that now and I'd be bored with a 2 or 3 channel, you know? Could someone refer me to an outdoor heli that is the easiest to fly?I don't want it to be one of those extremely expensive ones either.

The last person whop responded to my post on here was talking about his cx micro and it being modified with a different flybar. If you see this post would you please respond and tell me how that flybar works and what difference it makes by shortening it and making the weights lighter. I know the flybar has to have something to do with stability but I could never really figure all of that out. The reason I say this is because you know real helicopters never have those on them! I guess that is because real helicopters weigh enough to where wind doesn't affect them near as much as it does to light helis like our cx micros.

For some reason I still can't properly disengage my flybar when I need to to change the shaft when it breaks. Now I can put the flybar in fine but I can't pull it out without bending it! My cx micro at the moment has a slightly bent flybar and I've tried the best I can to bend it back properly. Maybe you have some tips for me on that. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out on that.

grape