Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum
Reload this Page >

Need Help with SB SPORT V2 BUGGY KIT Build!

Community
Search
Notices
Academy Racing (MRC) Support Forum Discuss all of the Academy Racing (MRC) product line in this forum.

Need Help with SB SPORT V2 BUGGY KIT Build!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 04:28 PM
grantmeyer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with SB SPORT V2 BUGGY KIT Build!

So I just got this kit, and have it assembled, but when I plug in the motor and battery and give it some gas, the motor spins up and the shaft drive spins, but the wheels do not move. If I barely give it any gas I can get the car to put around, but I don't know whats wrong. Could my Diffs not be tight enough? It said to tighten them till they are smooth. I believe that my wheels are tight enough. Some one please help me out. I really want to get this thing moving.

Grant
Old 09-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Tim@MRC

Default RE: Need Help with SB SPORT V2 BUGGY KIT Build!

It could be that the diffs aren't tight enough, or if there's a slipper clutch, it may be too loose. when checking the diffs, you should be able to hold the outdrives/diff hubss, and you should not be able to spin the gear.

Tim
Old 09-22-2009, 08:04 PM
grantmeyer
My Feedback: (1)

I have tightened the diffs down so that the main gear does not spin when holding both ends. I am able to twist the diff, which seems logical to me. (I have not had a kit with a ball diff) I only built a kit with metal gears. Should I torque the screw down even tighter? As of right now, the car moves better than before, but the diffs still spin when giving it power. I am only testing with a 21 turn motor, which shouldn't be too much power. My brushless system hasn't arrived yet. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Just so you know this is my first build in like 10 years.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:42 PM
evografix

When you tighten your diffs you have to do it in stages. Start off tightening the diff screw untill you get all the slop between the outdrives and diff gear removed. work the diff by holding the outdrive and spinning the diff gear. this will rotate everything and keep it from jaming together. tighten the diff screw 1/4 turn and work the diff again. As you continue to do this you will feel drag increase. If you think you have sufficent tension on the diff, check by inserting a small screw driver or allen driver horizonaly through both outdrives. this will keep the outdrives from spinning. then try to spin the diff gear by hand. If you can spin it by hand, it is too loose and you need to continue to tighten it. If you have tightened it all the way and the diff spins, you either have something assembled incorrectly or you have slipped the diff too much when it was loose and worn the diff rings.

If your diffs are not slipping, check to see if your slipper clutch is too loose.

Good Luck.

John Barron
MRC / Team Academy - Evolution Grafix - Phil's Hobby Shop