Notices
YS Engines Support Direct support from YS Performance Engines by Dave Shadel

YS 110 Fuel and Such

Old 03-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Kaos Rulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 110 Fuel and Such

I am the proud owner of a new YS 110. This is my first four-stroke engine and look forward to running it on my WM Extra 330.

First question = What is your "take" on running Morgan Cool Power 25% Pattern Pro fuel?

Second question = Will SIG castor oil work OK for oiling the cam gears prior to initial start? I presume only a couple of drops applied down the valve pushrod tubes will suffice. Please correct me if I'm off target.

Last question = Once the engine is broken-in, can I switch to Omega 15% with an additional four oz of added castor, if I find the power to be suitable at the lower nitro range. I hate to carry out different jugs of fuel for different engines.

I thank you in advance.

ED
Old 03-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Troy Newman

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: YS 110 Fuel and Such

Yes the Pro Pattern 25% is fine and will work well in the engine.

Castor is OK but not recommended for the oil to lube the cam gear prior tot he first run....BUT don't drip it down the pushrod tubes. Removed the cam gear cover and put it directly on the cam gear. There are little lifters or cam followers might be the more correct term. These will prevent the oil from from getting down to the cam. So put it directly on the cam itself.

I DON"T use any Castor in the engines. Castor won't hurt the silicone seals and such. However the high temps of the 4 strokes along with the way Castor gums up and carbons up the engine is bad for it. Today's fuel with Synthetic oils are way better at lubricating the engine than Castor is and they run clean.

Omega fuel has castor in it. You should run Cool Power instead. They are the same fuels except Omega has Castor and Cool Power is all synthetic.

NO you don't need to run extra castor in it. This seems to be a practice followed by many folks. You will have poor performance. 15% is the minimum nitro content recommended for YS engines. If you take some 15% nitro and add oil to it you will dilute the fuel down so it is less than 15% Nitro. 4 strokes like higher nitro fuels. It allows for broader needle adjustments and better cooling. While the engine will run on a Cool Power 15% sport fuel it is recommended you run a YS 20-20 blend the Pro Pattern blend is a 20% oil blend and 20 or 25% nitro Pro Pattern would definitely be better.

I understand your concern about different fuels. You can run the Pro-Pattern blend in most if not all other engines too.

I run Cool Power 30% Performance heli blend in all my glow engines from small 25's up to larger Moki 2.1 engines. The 20 or 25% pro pattern Cool Power is an excellent fuel and is designed to run it YS engines it is also a little cheaper than the 30% heli blend.

Troy Newman
Team YS Performance
Old 03-14-2007, 01:23 PM
Kaos Rulz

Thank You Troy. I'll stick with the 25% Cool Power as suggested. The cam gears will get a shot of Mobile 1 before the initial run. I truely look forward to running and flying with this engine.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:54 PM
Hardy

Troy what is the difference between cool power propattern 25% fuel and coolpower 25%fuel. I run a ys 110 in a Hangar 9 Showtime and love the engine. I have been useing propattern 25%.
Old 09-22-2009, 06:55 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hardy

Troy what is the difference between cool power propattern 25% fuel and coolpower 25%fuel. I run a ys 110 in a Hangar 9 Showtime and love the engine. I have been useing propattern 25%.
Stopped monitoring this forum over a year ago but there are others here who are willinng to help.

The difference is in the oil package. Regular Cool Power 25% has 17% oil and the Pro Pattern has 20% oil.

Here is a link to their site with a chart of fuel and oil content
http://www.morganfuel.com/cp_blends.htm
Old 09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
Hardy

Petec
Thank you for the info and link.