Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

earthquake 3.0 help! update

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 06:22 PM
lxjoe420

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default earthquake 3.0 help! update

I just bought a earthquake 3.0 and been having a few problems. I got it running fine on a hard surfaces breaking it in, but when i hit the grass or any thing that causes it resistance and give it gas the engine cuts out. i have a theory that maybe i'm running it to rich and when i give it that extra gas to run in grass it drowns the engine. i have'nt been able to lean the engine yet and test this theory cause the pull start broke on me last time i ran it on hard surface so i'm waiting on new one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27665.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	1283617  
Old 09-27-2009, 09:06 PM
UrcHobby
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: earthquake 3.0 help! update

You should fully brake the motor in before you try to take it in the grass. If it is broken in and then you are having the problem with it running on the grass then yes you need to retune your motor. This is the pull start you would need for your truck http://www.urchobby.com/proddetail.p...=sh18pullstart
Old 10-11-2009, 07:28 PM
lxjoe420

well I finally got my srtarter fixed and have it running without cutting out on grass or anything that is going to cause it resistance but now i am have a problem with it overreving. it wants to take off on its own. I've adjusted the HSN to where it'll go on grass or anything that gives it a lil resistance about 2 and 3/4ths turns from fully closed and i adjusted the LSN to where when i pinch the fuel line it revs for a few seconds then cuts off. I also been playing with the idle stop screw but don't know how many turns its spose to be from fully closed. any help would be appreciated thanx
Old 10-11-2009, 07:53 PM
lvh

Make sure your trim setting is set right and you should have a 1mm gap when you look down in the carb another way is get it running and up to temp set it up on a stand or something so the wheels are in the air and tune the idle so your wheels are not spinning. good luck and have fun!!
Old 10-17-2009, 04:54 PM
lxjoe420

Truck is running great. thanx for everyones help!