Community
Search
Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 12:16 AM
ChrisB17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL MINI E-REVO THREAD!!!

ORIGINAL: Wheelnut

ORIGINAL: ChrisB17

Wow making a 1/16th slash into a E-Revo is harder then it looks. Talk about taking out the dremel. Anyone else attempt this?
Do tell

Well the slash is my bros car, He off-roads more then anything so we decided we should make it is close to me e-revo as possible and well it goes putting Mini E-revo wheels on the stock slash hits the chassis. So we had to take out the dremel and round the front out. Then after you get the front done next is the rear, Now the wheels in the back are easier to make work all we had to do is cut the battery cover and that was that. Now 2 hours later the body wont fix due to the slashes HUGE fenders so we had to cut those off and re paint the whole thing. Now comes the little things that really suck, We had to re gear due to the increased tire size, then after a run we noticed the battey wires where touching the rear wheel, So we cut the rear battery vent out and put the wire through that.

3 hours later and we got a working R/C that now can go in grass and dirt without any bottoming or bogging out. So its a PITA but worth it imo. We will get pics asap.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 AM
hyperscorpic

You should just get the revo arms and drive shafts
Old 09-29-2009, 12:38 AM
ChrisB17

We will when he can afford it lol. As for now its doing fine.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:05 AM
ChrisB17

Sorry for the double post. Just got my GTR titanium shaft shocks, What Shock oil do you guys recommend I use? I dont know if this help any but I will be going on-road, off-road and bashing a little of both. Just though I should mention that.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

FYI, you can always just click the edit button on your own post and add what you want
Old 09-29-2009, 11:52 AM
ChrisB17

Yea I noticed that after I already posted.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:53 AM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do the rocker arm bearings help that much with the suspension slop? What about the alloy shock bodies, will it make that much difference?
Old 10-01-2009, 01:34 PM
mebcop2000

Well, Ive had some run time with mine now.... It is def FUN.... I have been running my 7.2v nimh's in series and it is very fast, but it doesnt do standing backflips.

It will wheelie EASY, but it's not really close to doing a backflip. I have great traction and I floor it and it'll quickly flip over on it's top, but like I said, not even close to backflipping. I have 3 of the Zippy 2S lipos on the way from Hong Kong, but I was just wondering if other people are able to do the standing backflip on the stock batteries in series?

Also, I've read it somewhere before, but my ESC will not shut off sometimes. I'll push the button down and the light will shut off, but as soon as I let off the button, the light turns on. I've tried holding the button down a few seconds, and even just tapping the button, but I end up having to unplug the batteries to get it to shut off....

Thanx
Old 10-02-2009, 12:42 AM
PrjctStrtFrce
My Feedback: (10)

ORIGINAL: csp1971

Do the rocker arm bearings help that much with the suspension slop? What about the alloy shock bodies, will it make that much difference?
I put those bearings in along with the steering bearings. Can I tell a difference? Not really, but if one were to go all out and have a little race truck, then I'm sure that every little bit helps. I just look at it as the bearings won't wear out as quickly as the bushings would have, so guaranteed less slop in the future.

ORIGINAL: mebcop2000
Well, Ive had some run time with mine now.... It is def FUN.... I have been running my 7.2v nimh's in series and it is very fast, but it doesnt do standing backflips.

It will wheelie EASY, but it's not really close to doing a backflip. I have great traction and I floor it and it'll quickly flip over on it's top, but like I said, not even close to backflipping. I have 3 of the Zippy 2S lipos on the way from Hong Kong, but I was just wondering if other people are able to do the standing backflip on the stock batteries in series?

Also, I've read it somewhere before, but my ESC will not shut off sometimes. I'll push the button down and the light will shut off, but as soon as I let off the button, the light turns on. I've tried holding the button down a few seconds, and even just tapping the button, but I end up having to unplug the batteries to get it to shut off....

Thanx
I have only heard/seen people doing back flips with them using lipos. I sure as heck am not close to doing back flips with my regular batteries in series.

As for the off thing, I have had the same issue and was curious about it as well. It only happens when I have it hooked up in series. Any ideas?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 PM
Revo Mark

I got mine a week ago, its awesome!
Also got a traxxas ez-peak, charges in 18 minutes (!!!).
!could use some help, i'm trying to figure out how to fab myself a sway bar kit, whereare the best mounting points?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:36 PM
mebcop2000

Well, don't know what happened but today all of a sudden my truck is doing standing backflips on a pair of stock batteries in series..... weird. Today is the first "dry" day I've had it out though. On the other days I thought the pavement was dry, but it must have been a bit damp and just spun a little instead of planting all the power.

Now, I need a rear Diff..... Fricken backflips.... haha
Old 10-02-2009, 08:39 PM
mebcop2000

ORIGINAL: Revo Mark

I got mine a week ago, its awesome!
Also got a traxxas ez-peak, charges in 18 minutes (!!!).
! could use some help, i'm trying to figure out how to fab myself a sway bar kit, where are the best mounting points?
Wait a sec.... The EZ peak charges at 4 AMPS!!!! How can u do that with these batteries?? It says right on them not to charge at over 1.2 amps?
Old 10-02-2009, 08:45 PM
PrjctStrtFrce

Those batteries won't last too long...

Any ideas on post # 931/932?
Old 10-02-2009, 09:10 PM
mebcop2000

Any ideas? What do u mean? On the ESC not shutting off? If that's what youre talking about, I went on traxxas' forum and there are a TON of people with the same issue. Traxxas hasn't done anything about it yet. People are just unplugging the batteries. I guess its not that big of a deal, just annoying
Old 10-03-2009, 03:29 AM
mebcop2000

UPDATE: Just got an email back from Traxxas.... a little scary

"Hello Brian,

It is not uncommon when running batteries in series. There is no way to fix it. Always unplug the batteries anyway to prevent problems. If you wish you can send the ESC in to our repair lab and they will take a look at it.

Best regards,
Steve Lindholm,
TRAXXAS Customer Service"

There is no way to fix it??? So they don't have any clue why it's doing it.....

I don't think I'll be sending it in, especially if he already said there isn't any way to fix it.... hahaha
Old 10-03-2009, 07:16 AM
PrjctStrtFrce

He, if it keeps working, then I have no problem with it. They have a 1 or 2 year warranty, so all is good!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Wheelnut

UPDATE: Just got an email back from Traxxas.... a little scary

''Hello Brian,

It is not uncommon when running batteries in series. There is no way to fix it. Always unplug the batteries anyway to prevent problems. If you wish you can send the ESC in to our repair lab and they will take a look at it.

Best regards,
Steve Lindholm,
TRAXXAS Customer Service''

There is no way to fix it??? So they don't have any clue why it's doing it.....

I don't think I'll be sending it in, especially if he already said there isn't any way to fix it.... hahaha
Then they have won!
Old 10-03-2009, 12:27 PM
t9dragon
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanx
As for your issues with the ESC not turning off. The best thing to always do is to unplug your batteries. Because if you ever make the switch to lipos and you don't unplug them you can very easily kill the cells.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:05 PM
Wheelnut

The switch is installed with the ESC, and it is advertised that the truck can be run with batteries in series, so the switch should work. There is an obvious problem and they are responsible for fixing the problem, end of story. I would say, I want it to work right or I want a full refund. Or you can just deal with it. Your choice.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:24 PM
t9dragon

The switch is installed with the ESC, and it is advertised that the truck can be run with batteries in series, so the switch should work. There is an obvious problem and they are responsible for fixing the problem, end of story. I would say, I want it to work right or I want a full refund. Or you can just deal with it. Your choice.
If you run 3s lipos in a series you can damage the esc.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Wheelnut

I didn't say anything about 3s batteries.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:44 PM
Revo Mark

hmm... 12 mm hex drifting wheels...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96443.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	1287821  
Old 10-03-2009, 10:05 PM
Wheelnut

You can make your own drifting wheels just by putting some battery shrink wrap on them and blow drying it so it shrinks on the tire nice and tight. It works great and is very cheap.
Get the black shrink it will look better. This was all I had at the time.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73248.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	1287841  
Old 10-03-2009, 10:09 PM
mebcop2000

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Huh??? Where did 3S lipos come into play?
Old 10-03-2009, 10:16 PM
t9dragon

ORIGINAL: t9dragon

Huh??? Where did 3S lipos come into play?
I have no idea........... LMAO

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.