Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF > NitroModels Support
Reload this Page >

Brushless motor parts

Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Brushless motor parts

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 03:51 PM
wake133

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless motor parts

I got the exceed 400 920kv motor. It came with an extra shaft and a collar with an allen screw in it. It fits on the shaft but the spinner and prop go on the oppisite side of the shaft so why does the shaft poke out so far and whats the collar for?
Old 09-30-2009, 05:32 PM
bassmanh
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Brushless motor parts

wake,

its made that way so you can use it it either way with the screw on prop shaft or a collete type prop adaptor (using a motor mount) and the little collar needs to go on the shaft right against the motor to hold the shaft in.

hope that helps.

bassman
Old 10-01-2009, 03:53 PM
opjose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brushless motor parts

Like he said!

The collar and grup screw help to prevent the "bell" from being pulled off the motor.

The only thing holding the bell in place is the little compression ring, so the collar acts to re-inforce this.

The prop exerts a strong pulling force along the shaft, trying to yank the shaft ( and attached bell ) out of the motor.

BTW:

90% of the time or more you mount the motor on standoffs, or in a pre-fab cutout that already has a provision for the extended shaft.