Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Multiplex EVO

Old 09-29-2009, 04:12 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Multiplex EVO

I think one of the worst mistakes I ever made was buying the EVO. I have had it for about two years and used it very little because of that useless manual. For the last week I have been trying to get some use out of it. Its very frustrating.
I was trying to get it to limit the throttle maximum and be able to switch it out if I want to. I finally got it to do this after reading Jodys tutorial but it still will change the bottom of the travel as well as the top. It says in the manual one of the choices should be one sided but I can't find one.
On the dual rate the switches affect the controls opposite for the aileron and the elevator. In other words when I set sw L for high rate in the up position it is low rate for elevator and visa verse. Nowhere, manual or otherwise, does it tell you how to change this if you can.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:57 PM
tohm

Default RE: Multiplex EVO

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do with the throttle, could you elaborate? On the D/R switches, go into the setup menu by pressing the button with the monkey-wrench. Then scroll to assignment and enter the menu. then scroll to switches and enter the menu. The first three lines in this menu are your dual rates. By default, each should have an <L in the second column and a downward pointing arrow in the third.

To change them, highlight the DR to change and press enter. You'll see a warning, press enter again. Now, move to the swtich position you want to activate the low rate. Then press enter to save the change.

For example, in your case, it sounds like the Aileron DR has a downward pointing arrow and the elevator has one pointing up. Scroll to the elevator DR and press enter twice. Now flip the L switch to the lower position. You will now see an arrow pointing down with an asterix next to it. Press enter to save and test the DR. it should work properly now.

Tony Ohm
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 PM
dirtybird
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Multiplex EVO

OK I did find where to change the dual rate assignment and corrected. I even found where it tells you how to do that in the manual. What is confusing and frustrating is you cannot select the parameter on the display. When you put the switch in the correct position and push the enter button weird things happen. Sometimes you get what you want. As you say you have select the dual rate to change then push the enter sw twice then throw the sw to where you want to have it then push the enter again. Weird. Your procedure needs to be spelled out in a manual.
Update: The arrow will toggle. You need to perform this procedure twice sometimes to get the right directions. Very weird
On the throttle all I want to do is be able to throw a switch and limit the throttle advance to about 80% of maximum and be able to adjust the 80% position if I need to. I have it working but it also affects the low throttle position as well