Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Flight Simulator Software
Reload this Page >

Which real flight versions are compatiblein multiplayer?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Flight Simulator Software Discuss rc flight simulator software here. Aerofly Pro, RealFlight G3, XTR, Reflex, etc.

Which real flight versions are compatiblein multiplayer?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 PM
RogerWilson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which real flight versions are compatiblein multiplayer?

My buddy has real flight 3.5 and I want 5.0 or 4.5. Are they compatible in multiplayer or do I need to go with 3.5? We'd like to start practicing a tandom routine for our T-rex 600's. Are any of the real flight sim's compatible like 4.5 and 5? 3 and 4 etc? I see some of the expansion packs are like 4 and up. 3 and up etc.
Thanks!
Old 10-19-2009, 11:58 AM
johndou

Default RE: Which real flight versions are compatiblein multiplayer?

ORIGINAL: RogerWilson

My buddy has real flight 3.5 and I want 5.0 or 4.5. Are they compatible in multiplayer or do I need to go with 3.5? We'd like to start practicing a tandom routine for our T-rex 600's. Are any of the real flight sim's compatible like 4.5 and 5? 3 and 4 etc? I see some of the expansion packs are like 4 and up. 3 and up etc.
Thanks!
None of the different versions are compatible in multiplayer. To be able to fly together in multiplayer you must have the same version as your buddy. 3.5 can fly only with others owning 3.5; 4.0 can fly only with others owning 4.0; 4.5 can fly only with others owning 4.5 ...
Old 10-19-2009, 10:17 PM
RogerWilson

I was afraid of that[&o]. I wonder how much it would cost for him to upgrade his 3.5 to 5 so I could go on and get 5.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:15 AM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RogerWilson

I was afraid of that[&o]. I wonder how much it would cost for him to upgrade his 3.5 to 5 so I could go on and get 5.

The prices that Tower is advertising today:

http://www.towerhobbies.com/rcwnews/...-gpmz4440.html

(Keep in mind that Tower has a dozen kinds of discounts that'll apply, so that price is just what a few people pay.)
Old 10-20-2009, 03:29 PM
dbcisco
Banned

$79 [link=http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&P=PR&I=GPMZ4448]HERE[/link]
Old 10-20-2009, 06:43 PM
johndou

There may be a bit more to it then just spending $79 for the upgrade. If your buddy's currently running G3.5 on his computer he'll need to check the requirements for G5.0.

There are a lot of people out there who weren't able to upgrade to G4.0 from G3.X when it came out because of the newer increased computer requirements. The same thing is still true today. Before spending the money to upgrade be sure that your computer meets the necassary requirements!