Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

updated exceed rc madfire

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 05:16 AM
zeo 1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default updated exceed rc madfire

wel i took the plunge and decided to give exceed rc the benefit of a doubt on there 1/8th's going from there 1/10s i was concerned about quality ,

anyway i went and grabed an exceed rc mad fire limited edition ,

shipping was straight forward waited 7 days including weekend and received it yesterday

after unboxing the kit i looked it over and found it to be quite solid NOTHING was loose or missing , i looked over the manual and still to this date going from 1/10th to 1/8 exceed has the best rc manual out there ,
after installing the batteries filling the receiver box with foam i pulled out the radio and boy a nice surprise exceed updated there older cheaper radios with another clone yet this one felt stronger cleaner an even the trigger was tight , nice : so i installed the 8 As it requires and turn the tx on then car and all the servos were in th right order none neeeded reversing , now turning to the buggy i lifted her up looked it over again with a screw diver and allen wrench , just in case .
now it was time to start the kit ,
i had a few issues with the engine , it wa very tight / the kinda pinch you get with high end race engines , so it required me to preheat her , grabbed my moms blow driver and proceeded to do so after she was hot enough i installed my glow driver ,fired her up added a bit in the carb and on top of sleeve and started it , the engine made a really nice blubbery sound so again exceed had it perfect for break in i let it idle around my garage and had a few stalls but nothing major :d she really felt broken in after half tnk but i made sure not to over do it :d after i was done i lifted the buggy up and noticed the nice little GO sticker at the side and pull start of the engine , thinking to myself that exceed ditched the older china made cxp i puled up the specs 4 port .21 with removable head bitten , now i started to get the fuzzy feeling thinking man cant wait to finish break in but it was quite late so i will finish today and after 6 tanks will lean her out and see how it performs

on a side note the mad series except the mad beast is exced only you will not find another clone

Old 10-01-2009, 05:22 AM
zeo 1

Default RE: updated exceed rc madfire

on a side not  taking the engine apart and looking at the go website there version states it has a 3 port however im counting four
http://www.go-engine.com/in-products...100-M00HSG.htm
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 AM
zeo 1

well it has been 2 hrs now and shes just about broken in and all im going to say on that is ohhh my god :d about the third tank the engine just sprang to life it has gobs of power down low and easily will lift the front wheels of the buggy up on the grass :d  on the street the stock tires do a great job of hooking up  so much so that when i turn real sharp she will lift a front wheel up so ill need to adjust some settings there
 another thing is you may not need a after market pipe with this kit  the go engine and tuned pipe are matched in perfect pipe on motor love
i flipped her a couple times at speed on purpose to see just how tough she is  , nothing wiggled loose or  bent at all  handling is great she turns very sharp at any speed and the stock servos seem to be very tough , atm im not having any throttle servo glitching or shearing , this thing is also extremely loud  im talking running a buku pipe style loud ,savage owners know what i mean
i also did a few high speeed passes and im betting this buggy hits a good 45 mph  which is fast enough for the track without being stupid fast

i will have pix up and perhaps if im lucky a video
Old 10-02-2009, 08:25 AM
zeo 1

some pix
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq48148.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1286741   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86265.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	1286742   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75173.jpg
Size:	121.7 KB
ID:	1286743   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zt52812.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	1286744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bn77276.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	1286745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Si71281.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	1286746  
Old 10-21-2009, 12:06 PM
zeo 1

its been awhile and i thought id come back and update a bit more since the date of this thread i have got a few updates 1 bad rest good

thebad thing i have noticed with this buggy is it has a wing that isslightly bent to one side very slightly so you wont notice it unlessyou stare nose on at it no biggy adjusted it a bit to the opposite side ok on to the good and there's so many good things about this 200 dollar kit its geared in between high speed and high torque so it gets over just about anything including a curb or two and it easily clears jumps and if yo park it at the incline of a jumpor get clipped by a less experienced racer you can rest assure you willeasily climb up the hill in a hurry
also i have noticed that swaybars are not really needed they will help but not as much as i thoughtby simply stiffening the shocks and raising it a couple holes to lowerthe chassis its extremely nimble and agile it feels exactly like a prokit in this setup also there's so many times i thank ill have to pit it or marshal itafter it flips but somehow it always lands on its wheels even after a 5flip carty it landed square on its wheels and continued going really nice also this engine never seems to loose power or over heat i leaned her out a little more for the winter no humidity months and daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn tire wrenching is an understatement , this is a great buggy for the beginner who wants a race bread machine or the inter/pro looking for a side burner when there main rig is off the bar, with that said im going to say its not a basher grade buggy if youtreat it to ruff it will break , it belongs on the track or the dirtwith grass not free styling a 12 foot ramp over a car it most likelywould run after but somethings gonna give , if you live near a track oran unsed golf course then this kit is fantastic
Old 10-21-2009, 05:58 PM
madbrad70

Have you taken it to a track yet ?
Old 10-21-2009, 07:34 PM
zeo 1

yeah theres a track near my house, like the only one between friends wood and houston , and i took it there on saturday , and tested it , it was pretty fun however there track is very un kept lots of ruts but for the most part it fels like my older jammin x1
Old 10-21-2009, 07:37 PM
zeo 1

dude you live in the alb awesome i grew up there i used to race at the old hobby town usa track back in 01 or 2 i thank before they dug it out and put some other shop there i miss new mexico
Old 10-21-2009, 09:56 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad ya like your buggy....those go.21 3 port sport engines arent real bad...they run fairly decent...reason you count 4 ports is it is 3 intake and one exhaust....but its a 3 port sport....

one thing I woulda liked to seen exceed do is update the front end..it appears it has the same concept as the razor (neither c-hub or pbs)...I got some of the older hsp buggies that just had a 2 screws holding the arms to the knuckle....I finally figured out how to keep them tight and without pulling the threads in the hub...I still have them and they are pretty solid, but I wouldnt try to race them now since I have my other buggy

seems some people think they should start out with 1/10th before they go 1/8th...I'm totally different...I always tell people looking to get into the hobby to get 1/8th...they are way more newbie friendly to me....anyways enjoy ur new buggy...and can ya take some pics of the front with the wheels off??
Old 10-22-2009, 09:33 AM
zeo 1

yes ill do that , actually on the note of the front end ,, its alot different then the razors in terms of quality its built exactly like the jammin x1x and x2 series the hubs are secured by thick bolts that go pretty deep into the metal and its also billet aluminum no more of that integy grade alloy :P / aka soft as butter one thing i guess i could say they need to do is make mud guards for it however its pretty easy to make um from lexan on to the engine , i took it apart for a port mod i was planning on doing but wont , the thought of hand grindinga nd fileing makes my hands hurt :P but theres a small port or what looks like a port right under neath the main , not count the intake or exhaust , only way ill be able to tell if its a port or not is too look to see how its angled
also the madfire isnt made by hsp but nnda also has one similure to the mad fire except the hubs are different as is the steering servo is laid down

and yeah the gotech .21 is a real nice engine they have them at nitrorcx for 85 bucks i may pick one up for my tmaxx and my old thunder quake
Old 10-22-2009, 09:51 AM
zeo 1

i also agree ive been running rc for 12 yrs now started with a 1/8

heres some pix
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21595.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1299979   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76274.jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	1299980   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ns44544.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	1299981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cv61444.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	1299982  
Old 10-22-2009, 05:49 PM
firebird78

I'm not all that up to date on who makes exceeds new models....I know hsp makes the buggy I race and it is leaps and bounds better then the old razer, hurricane and topreda...it is extreamly durable, handles well and far better built, with way more attention to detail...the upgrades are not that crappy aluim the previous buggies had (which in my opinion were downgrades)...and they got away from the old style front end....didnt think I'd like pivot ball suspension, but know I have it I think its great.....spose to have a c-hub buggy in testing right now...will buy it and see how that is and race which I like most...

anyways just cause its hsp doesnt mean its bad..actually hsp makes parts for other companies as well...which doesnt suprise me, as most things seem to be made in china these days..lol
Old 10-23-2009, 12:00 AM
zeo 1

the rxb is a great buggy i thank that is the one your talking about and agreed only issue with that buggy is online support but meh no bigs and i agree that integy grade allum was so soft that i cab bend it by hand not the case with my fire you get the carben fiber updates yet ?
Old 12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
firebird78

musta missed your post (been awhile).....

I havent bought the carbon fiber parts yet....I do have the milled chassis, center and rear cv shafts ( no more dog bones).. billet towers and billet hinge pin retainers....not sure i will ever buy the carbon fiber....like I said in the previous post these (yes rxb) actually have quality upgrades....I've had mine for almost 2 yrs and maybe have broken a total of maybe $20 in parts....its been bashed hard (10+ ft in the air numerous times) and I've raced it 7 races....buggy has pretty much taken everything I've thrown at it and asks for more...I have a couple vids on youtube, just search rxb-1

ordering parts online may be a hassle to others but I dont mind...I mainly run on the weekends and get my parts in 3 days...so if something does break I can have it going before the next weekend....might keep some people from buying himoto, exceed or redcat but whatever floats their boat...

if the materials of the knuckles is better on the madfire it would be a huge improvement to the older buggies...that is the ONLY troublesome part I had as far as the older buggy itself was concerned...once ya got the screws to stay tight they are pretty tuff...

I was reading in one your more current posts that you can update the madfire to pbs...whats that consist of?....how light is that buggy really?..it looks light...
Old 12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
zeo 1

type in nanda racing rxb 1 and those arm parts at the end will be a direct screw on part plus the knuckles and i believe that is it but there's not to much a point to doing it , the stock ones are tuff and slop free and you will never have to worry about over tightening the pillow balls since you wont have them i also believe you can swap to the held c hubs , since in a sense the stock parts are considered c hub / look it up
im currently looking at the bd8e parts to easily convert this buggy to brushless when the time comes , but i found some carben fiber shack towers for the bd8 that will fit
Old 12-06-2009, 07:49 PM
firebird78

looks to me if you wanted pbs on it you would have to replace upper and lower arms as well...Ive ventured the thought of seeing what would fit on my rxb as far as other mnfg. but havent seen the need...buggy is tuff as all get out...I've see some older vtx posts that says some caster, mugen and gs parts will fit but heck if I know...I know they are the same as the vtx....
Old 12-06-2009, 11:05 PM
zeo 1

nah it actually shares the suspenson as the nrb only one to replace is the lower part also this buggy shares another name , nanda bd8 im looking at the sexy carbon fiber shock tower s
Old 12-09-2009, 01:58 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

Where did you see the parts listing for the bd8 ?

Old 12-09-2009, 08:23 PM
zeo 1

http://www.nandaracing.cn/en/index.htm
Old 12-09-2009, 08:25 PM
zeo 1

http://www.nandaracing.cn/en/cpzs/car/BD8/BD8_gz.html for the carbon fiber parts :"D
Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 PM
mc4798

Nice

I found a seller for the bd8e in the states and its not exceed. I am pretty sure exceed will evantually bring the buggy out but if a person wanted it here is a place.

http://www.joostdynamics.com/home/pr...tric-buggy-rtr

I believe nanda makes pretty good stuff. I bought a madspeed on black friday it is a pretty nice car, nice enough that I sold my Ofna JL-10e to order all the carbon fiber parts and front oneway diff and still have money in my pocket. .

Didnt mean to hijack your thread, again
Old 12-09-2009, 10:00 PM
zeo 1

yup nanda is now making the parts for exceed which is a huge step forward into the good direction and no issues  just need the carbon fiber parts since i can easily convert my mad fire / bd8 into the bd8 e
Old 12-09-2009, 10:14 PM
mc4798

Would you want carbon fiber shock towers on a 1/8th scale buggy ? I know they look good and they are lighter but would they be strong enough ?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:22 PM
zeo 1

xray has them on there 808s  as far as i know from driving one of there luxury buggies its pretty strong,
Old 01-01-2010, 11:31 AM
TwiztidTearz

Im new the the madfire. Is the madfire and the bd8 the same buggy? Im trying to find place for upgrade parts and replacement parts for my madfire.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.