Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

E-Firestorm battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 12:23 PM
unit311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default E-Firestorm battery

I am thinking about ordering an e firestorm Flux but all Ihave are a few nicd batteries with standard connectors. Iheard that standard connectors arent good for this setup and will burn up. Im not sure if that is true or not. Anyway i was wondering if this lipo/charger combo will work. battery-http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=9172 charger-http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=7028&Product_Name=Turnig y_Accucel-6_50W_5A_Balancer/Charger. Also how long will it take to recieve an order from this company considdering they are based in hong kong? Is shipping expensive? Thanks for any help.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:18 PM
gelbschnee

Default RE: E-Firestorm battery

excellent combo. get 2 batteries. the amount you save on them is incredible. Shipping will be atleast 20 bucks and take a couple weeks.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:04 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hobbycity has good stuff.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:32 PM
unit311

Icant decide if i want the flux or the normal firestorm. Anyone know how fast the regular brushed version is on a good 7 cell nimh? Idont know if i can justify spending $130 more on the truck and $80 on batteries for the flux. Lately i have been running a losi mini-baja and that is fast enough for me really.
Old 10-21-2009, 02:38 PM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe 25 mph on a good 7 cell with a larger pinion like say a 21t. The flux with a $26 2s lipo from hobbycity 45mph.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Josh222

The regular firestorm is SLOW stock and the Flux is most defiantly worth the extra money. Nicd batteries will really hold you back with brushless and low turn brushed. Standard Tamiya connectors tend to melt together with brushless power. I put a sidewinder 5700 in my firestorm which is what the flux comes with and on stock gearing with my 5500mah 2S pack I clocked it at 46mph with my radar gun. I will warn you though, your going to need to learn to have a light throttle finger or you will have you truck shiny side down ALOT with wheelies at almost any speed. You may also want to get an extra set of tires for the back because it won't take long for the stock ones to become bald in the center.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:34 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hobbycity is great.

Their batteries and chargers are very good. Been using it for more than half year now. EMS shipping is about $20 dollars but that gets your items from Hong Kong to your door in about three days.

regular shipping takes about 2 weeks, but it is cheaper than EMS.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:58 AM
unit311

I went ahead and ordered the lipos and im gonna get the flux. Are the battery connectors on those lipos i mentions the right ones or will i have to solder the deans connectors on?