Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Rock Crawlers
Reload this Page >

AAAhhh.... Stop Confusing me Axial!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Rock Crawlers The official rock crawling forum right here on RCU. Rock Crawler Trucks Rule!

AAAhhh.... Stop Confusing me Axial!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 12:39 AM
TheOtherSide

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AAAhhh.... Stop Confusing me Axial!!!

I'm going nuts here... Axial is confusing me....

All the 5 spring rate colors they have listed for the AX10's are 90mm long..... and there is no specific listing for any other springs for AX10. BUT, if you go to their Aluminum Competition shock set, it comes with 70mm springs and gives a part number. You can't find that spring length anywhere else on their site.

The RTC basic crawler I bought for my 3 year old ended up having 103mm threaded plastic shocks with 70mm red springs all around except the left rear had a 70mm blue (for axle wrap apparently)... and the thing flexes like mad!!

The ARTR I bought for my 5 year old has non threaded plastic shocks that are 115mm long and comes with blue 90mm springs. Truck flexes very poorly and rolls over all the time. I just put in 90mm red's in front and 90mm whites in the back.

Long and the short of my gripes...
1) why is there no listing for the 70mm springs... I want to use those ones on my ARTR....

2) why is my RTC set up better out of the box... shorter shocks, softer springs (even with plastic arms).... and the ARTR which is supposed to be a competition chassis needs nothing but mods right away. I know maybe they're thinking the ARTR customers are going to replace everything anyhow.

Why why why...

Anyhow... does anyone know where Axial has a listing for all their 70mm springs?

90mm's are listed here:
[link]http://axialracing.com/ftp/ax10options/ax10_springs.html[/link]

Oh forget it... just as I'm griping all about this... I look closer at the link for the Aluminum Competition Shocks... and at the bottom are the P/N's for the 70mm springs!!
[link]http://axialracing.com/ftp/ax10options/ax30092_al_shock_set.html[/link]

Oh well... gripe #2 still stands.... why is the basic crawler set up better???

Anyhow, for my own Crawler I have Losi shocks with nice soft springs going onto my SWX chassis... I'm just sorting out the kids crawlers so they don't have to cry cuz the other one's is flexing and crawling better!! Wish I was a kid... they're asleep and I'm sorting out their toys!!

Thx for listening.... I'm fine now!
Old 10-26-2009, 03:47 AM
THE BASHER

Default RE: AAAhhh.... Stop Confusing me Axial!!!

lol
Old 10-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Zim-uh-tosa

ORIGINAL: THE BASHER

lol
X2
Old 10-31-2009, 08:08 PM
aftrshck

LOL...

and can I be your kid too??? wow....

I wont even ask for much
Old 11-01-2009, 04:08 PM
TheOtherSide

ORIGINAL: aftrshck

LOL...

and can I be your kid too??? wow....

I wont even ask for much
Um... 3 boys + me is financially enough... hahahaha...
Old 11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
aftrshck

awwww....and all i want to do is trade my jato 3.3 for a rock crawler....like an ax10
Old 11-06-2009, 03:40 PM
baezamotox

I don't get it why the RTC flexes so well, my only complaint with the rtc was it sat a little low and caught alot on rocks, and the artr sat nice and higher, but wanted to flip a lot more. I am going to try and put the springs off the rtc onto the artr shocks, and see if that works better. also I've found the rtc to flex so much more also due to their Delrin flexible links, they like to twist. I just did the notching of the middle skid plate and am moving the links inside the frame, and spacing the link towards the inside of the stock mount more toward the differential.
Old 11-08-2009, 08:35 PM
budha24

Do what I did on my comp rig tmaxx bid bores with the stock red springs. You will love them!!!!