Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Kyosho Helicopters
Reload this Page >

NEXUS V. CONCEPT 30

Community
Search
Notices
Kyosho Helicopters Discuss all Kyosho heli topics here.

NEXUS V. CONCEPT 30

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 AM
indyr
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEXUS V. CONCEPT 30

I have been out of helis for a few years now and i did learn to fly on a concept 30 I really like that one. But I did own a shuttle also. Well I am thinking to get another 30 from either here or ebay, used ( not much money to spend right now ) And just wondered what the difference between the 30 and the nexus. Is it just the top end start? and will most concept 30 parts mix with the nexus ? thanks for any help on this.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Cyberfyn

Default RE: NEXUS V. CONCEPT 30

Hi. I'd give them both a miss now. Both have been out of production for many years and the parts availablity is a major problem now. I still run a Concept SR-T in my fleet and it's a great flying heli. But she only comes out occasionally. I have a spare airframe I bought off Ebay for spare parts.

Look for a Later model Caliber 30 or Caliber 3 if you want to stick to Kyosho. Or a Raptor V2 would also be a great starter.

Ian F.
Old 10-27-2009, 11:26 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cyberfyn

Hi. I'd give them both a miss now. Both have been out of production for many years and the parts availablity is a major problem now. I still run a Concept SR-T in my fleet and it's a great flying heli. But she only comes out occasionally. I have a spare airframe I bought off Ebay for spare parts.

Look for a Later model Caliber 30 or Caliber 3 if you want to stick to Kyosho. Or a Raptor V2 would also be a great starter.

Ian F.
Excatly what Ian said.

Parts are scarce and the Nexus was a bit of a clunker anyhow
Old 11-20-2009, 10:09 PM
safeTwire
My Feedback: (2)

I still fly both of them on occasion. IMO, plenty depends on your style of flying, and what you expect from your heli. If I remember right...very few, if any, parts are interchangeable.

Parts can be obtained although hard to find and for example, you might have to buy another "complete" heli for one specific item. They can actually be more costly than a newer model.

These two helis are of the historic, nostalgia type and not at all suggested for beginners, mainly due to repair/upkeep issues.

The above posts tell it like it is!

I also fly a Rappy V2. Turn around time from bad crash to back in the air is slowed basically by how much you are willing to pay for shipping the parts!

Old 11-30-2009, 07:12 PM
bats35

i have a concept 30 i wont to get rid off i bought a raptor 30 last year if u are interset in it i will send u some pics of it here is my e-mail address [email protected]