Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

The Evader Coalition ~ T.E.C.

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 08:10 PM
dwblue00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The Evader Coalition - T.E.C.

okay i will....thanks for the info....btw do you own 1 and how do you like them? Do they do well compaired to the usual...novak, lrp, tekin....etc?
Old 11-02-2009, 08:23 PM
mc4798
My Feedback: (8)

I dont own one, But everything i have heard has been good . But for a few more dollars you could get a castle sidewinder or novak setup.

I personally like the sensored systems better, The ezrun I have is not as smooth as a novak or tekin. Add to it the support you get from novak ( i needed it) means alot especially as I am new to all of this.

As far as the batteries/chargers go I cannot see any diffrence (other than price) between the zippys/turnigy and big names. I honestly do believe there might be some price gouging (congress anyone ) going on there.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:48 PM
rclugnut10
My Feedback: (1)

i've only had issues with my sensorless system when my batts are low, and/or the cars in a bit of a bind... ie the tires are jammed or something, but other than that its very smooth, its a little, shakey around the 2mph mark and below but other than that its great

but for the record, if the novak havoc had come out a month earlier i would've bought that over my sidewinder in a second, the sidewinders great, but imo sensoreds better, but sensorless is still good,

the lug
Old 11-02-2009, 11:47 PM
monsterbombs

depends on what you want too. no sensored motor
will go as hard/fast as a sensorless bl motor [>:]
Old 11-03-2009, 07:19 AM
dwblue00

the is definately alot of schooling I have gotten here, about the BL systems. I'll take all that into consideration when I really start looking. Thanks again.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:25 PM
rclugnut10

hey if i rember right a few people were running dirt hawgs, are these just bad tires for a 1/10 buggy (yes this question is about my B4) or was it my exceptionally loose diff that was giving me terrible handling, and the tires are good but like any 1/10 bl buggy tire the tires are only so effective? i was just wondering because i had a hard time controling it under power into turns and off the line, but like i said my diff was REALLY loose, it even sqawked a few times on pavement with a slipper that was a tad tight yes, but the diff was super loose, btw did i mention that the diff was loose????[8D]

the lug
Old 11-05-2009, 07:59 PM
Darknest07

Hi,
Ive been running the mamba max 5700kv combo for about 1 year now and I cant seem to find the wright gearing for the evader.
I would like to know if there is anyone with this setup and if soo what is your gearing? please share the parts # for the pinion and spur

Thanks
Old 11-05-2009, 08:12 PM
rclugnut10

whats your current setup?, i run 20/86 right now, and i'm liking that, it keeps the motor cooler than 22/85 or so and by cooler i mean 120-140, also what temps are you running,

wow the TEC has the mosts posts of any thread in this section 99000 more than the next runner up woot woot

the lug
Old 11-06-2009, 08:39 PM
Darknest07

I dont know the the temp but on a hot day after draining 1 battery ~25min, i can barley touch the motor( 180 to 210)...not good.
I keep the stock setup, that used a 21 pinion witch didn't help .

BTW, can you specify what pinion/spur you use ( part #)?

Thanks
Old 11-06-2009, 08:51 PM
rclugnut10

i use this spur
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXD249&P=7
a duratrax 86t
or you can use RR machined spur
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEY27&P=7
and this for pinions RR 6 pack even
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&P=SM&I=LXEX34

the lug
Old 11-07-2009, 12:19 AM
crazylife

woo hoo!!! Batteries and charger came in today and I was able to run the evader tonight for the first time!  I ran it into everything from the grill to the fence in the backyard.  I guess I need to learn to drive before I think of adding more speed...lol.  I was really hoping I could slow it down using the throttle trim so my 6yr old could use it, but I noticed that when I do that it throws the esc into reverse when you let off.  This probably wouldn't do anything but drain the battery and slightly shorten the motor life on grass, but on a hard surface it actually moves in reverse at a pretty good clip.  Is there a way I can put some sort of voltage limiter to slow it down between the esc and the motor or is this a good enough reason to upgrade to a better esc that I can program for her to be able to run.  She is really psyched about going out and driving, I let her steer it tonight while I controlled the throttle and she liked that, but she was already asking for more speed than I was giving her!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:24 AM
Darknest07

Thanks for the links,
I think im going to stick with the RR ones.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:24 PM
SacramentoJoe

hey if i rember right a few people were running dirt hawgs, are these just bad tires for a 1/10 buggy (yes this question is about my B4) or was it my exceptionally loose diff that was giving me terrible handling, and the tires are good but like any 1/10 bl buggy tire the tires are only so effective? i was just wondering because i had a hard time controling it under power into turns and off the line,
My son had been running the 1071 Dirt Hawgs in back. They seem to give good traction on the pavement and hard surfaces but are a little slippery on the dusty track. I had a set of Pro Line Switch tires (for a Slash) that TH sent me by mistake and I mounted those up for him on his old rims. He really likes them even though his buggy looks more like a dragster now. He can do wheelies on the dusty tack now with the old Money 19T and a 2S Lipo.
Old 11-07-2009, 03:33 PM
SacramentoJoe

Is there a way I can put some sort of voltage limiter to slow it down between the esc and the motor or is this a good enough reason to upgrade to a better esc that I can program for her to be able to run. She is really psyched about going out and driving, I let her steer it tonight while I controlled the throttle and she liked that, but she was already asking for more speed than I was giving her!
The best way is to get a new radio with a speed limitter built in. My neighbor has a Futaba AM Sport model that he sets to around 60% when driving on our track with his MM 4600 BL setup.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:04 PM
pede_187

I appologize if I have the wrong person, but I beieve that Mc was about ot put a T4 body on his evader and I was wondering how well it worked and if you needed to do anything to the body mounts in order for it to sit properly?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:10 PM
mc4798

ORIGINAL: pede_187

I appologize if I have the wrong person, but I beieve that Mc was about ot put a T4 body on his evader and I was wondering how well it worked and if you needed to do anything to the body mounts in order for it to sit properly?
I did ask the question, But I never heard nor have I tried to put one on. That said if you can wait one more week I will be at thetracksoI willtry one then.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:15 PM
pede_187

mc4798, Thank you and yes that would be awesome if you could find out
Old 11-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Darknest07

Speaking about tires, just got me a set of ProLine SandPaws for this upcomming winter and for next summer a virginiabeach, they are all mounted up and ready to go...Cant wait to try them out this winter, ill see what the diffrence these and my gladiators that i usually use in winter too.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:37 PM
projct

ORIGINAL: Darknest07

Speaking about tires, just got me a set of ProLine SandPaws for this upcomming winter and for next summer a virginiabeach, they are all mounted up and ready to go...Cant wait to try them out this winter, ill see what the diffrence these and my gladiators that i usually use in winter too.
Ihave those for the beach here and they work fantastically - Ijust wish my 'vader were faster... got the brushless bug now :P

Old 11-08-2009, 12:25 AM
mc4798

Brushless is fun for sure.  Just keep some extra tranny parts available [8D]

I managed to bend the top shaft today []  Dont know how, but the tranny was binding up pretty good. Took it apart and the problem was obvious.  2 weeks ago I used up an idler and diff gear at the same time so top shaft could have been damaged then.

I am a pro at taking the tranny out now.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:43 AM
monsterbombs

i just got sandpaws too. amazing how they get traction
in the sand. be sure to watch your temps and gear accordingly.
was running vxl on 4s just wow. not the vader though []
Old 11-08-2009, 12:45 AM
projct

ORIGINAL: monsterbombs

i just got sandpaws too. amazing how they get traction
in the sand. be sure to watch your temps and gear accordingly.
was running vxl on 4s just wow. not the vader though []
Yeah, I think Imight have to change my gearing too, or at least be more wary of changes in driving behavior, got too hot to handle the motor mount because Ihad some sand stuck between pinion and spur...

Old 11-08-2009, 02:44 AM
sam rojas
My Feedback: (3)

find an XL-5 (Traxxas) - usually find em for $25+ or so on sleezebay or hobby boards. they have a 50% power mode. couple other ESCs have that as well, but seem to be a lot of XL-5s out there from people buying Traxxas kits and then upgrading to brushless, so pretty affordable.
Old 11-08-2009, 04:36 PM
Darknest07

Just whanted to know if anyone has been having trouble with their rear hubs, because i am... one of them are wobbly (i think its wornout with the years) and im thinking of getting some aluminium ones with the nitroevader dogbones.

Just whanted to know if anyone else had this problem...

BTW: does anyone know in they sell metal spacer that goe next to the hub???
Old 11-08-2009, 04:42 PM
monsterbombs

i just used a couple of washers.

on the sandpaws i dont know about anyone else
but i had 0 steering. i hope you guys got the front tyres too
with the fin. i have to get some, it has the turning circle
of a small yacht . [:-]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.