Notices
Twin & Multi Engine RC Aircraft Discuss the ins & outs of building & flying multi engine rc aircraft here.

KMP F-7F Tigercat

Old 09-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Ron McGrath
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP F-7F Tigercat

If you use expo and drop the servo speed on the elivator, ruder, and alerons the dance goes away I had that issue on mine. All the servos were just too fast to look smooth in the air.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
ghost.fr

ok i just installed Gyros and will try them this Weekend i will get back and post results

later
g

Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 AM
warbird51
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ghost.fr

tcat owners i got a question at low speed does your tcat moves a bit from right to left and when you accelarate it desapear?

I intend to use a gyro on the tail to avoid that ugly dance !!! any idea?

thx

g

Actually that is "scale" as the full size F7F does that on takeoff until the rudder become effective. The nose wheel is castering.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:55 PM
BUCKAROO

Just returned from our largest scale meeting of the year with over 180 pilots and 250 aircraft (and over 700 flights over 3 days) and my Tigercat won "BEST ARF."

Had about 6 trouble free flights mostly spent in low passes.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:16 PM
Pylon2

Well done. Flew mine again at the weekend.
Cheers Richard.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:42 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

TIGERCAT BROS,

Just an FYI.... VQ WARBIRDS is carrying the ESM line of warbirds (formerly KMP Branded line) They have been on PRE-SELL status , WEll.... now they are going to be changing to INSTOCK ready to ship status for shipping Tuesday/Wednesday this week!

Check out the 1st wave of these fine models now:
http://www.vqwarbirds.com/aircraft.html ORDER NOW...MODELS shipping.... INCLUDING THE TIGERCAT 83" wingspan...

NEW LOWER FACTORY SPECIAL PRICES that everyone has been wanting... WELL NOW YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!

ORDER TODAY... these are shipping this week !!!

All customers who left deposits are being contacted to pay balance so we can ship asap!

ALL FULL PRE-PAID ORDERS are SHIPPING ASAP!

All NEW ORDERS please order here:

http://www.vqwarbirds.com/aircraft.html

WE do have the SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS INSTOCK for the CORSAIR, SBD DAUNTLESS and BF110 ZERSTORER w/ available TIGERCAT upon request. WE will expand to cover the others at your request!

SO MUCH WARBIRD for such low prices.... now is the time to fly VQ WARBIRDS !!!!!!
PROUD VQ, ASM, KMP, ESM WARBIRD DEALER

Email me for any special RETRACT GEAR needs and for any other brands... [email protected]

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
Old 09-28-2009, 02:09 PM
ghost.fr

I would love it but you dont ship to france are you ?

ORIGINAL: nemesis4u

TIGERCAT BROS,

Just an FYI.... VQ WARBIRDS is carrying the ESM line of warbirds (formerly KMP Branded line) They have been on PRE-SELL status , WEll.... now they are going to be changing to INSTOCK ready to ship status for shipping Tuesday/Wednesday this week!

Check out the 1st wave of these fine models now:
http://www.vqwarbirds.com/aircraft.html ORDER NOW...MODELS shipping.... INCLUDING THE TIGERCAT 83" wingspan...

NEW LOWER FACTORY SPECIAL PRICES that everyone has been wanting... WELL NOW YOU CAN HAVE IT!!!

ORDER TODAY... these are shipping this week !!!

All customers who left deposits are being contacted to pay balance so we can ship asap!

ALL FULL PRE-PAID ORDERS are SHIPPING ASAP!

All NEW ORDERS please order here:

http://www.vqwarbirds.com/aircraft.html

WE do have the SIERRA PRECISION RETRACTS INSTOCK for the CORSAIR, SBD DAUNTLESS and BF110 ZERSTORER w/ available TIGERCAT upon request. WE will expand to cover the others at your request!

SO MUCH WARBIRD for such low prices.... now is the time to fly VQ WARBIRDS !!!!!!
PROUD VQ, ASM, KMP, ESM WARBIRD DEALER

Email me for any special RETRACT GEAR needs and for any other brands... [email protected]

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
VQ WARBIRDS
"KEEP 'EM FLYING"
Old 09-30-2009, 02:24 AM
kinverflyer

Any photos of your victory and your aircraft
Old 09-30-2009, 07:36 AM
BUCKAROO

We had a photographer with us - will try and obtain photos and download.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:50 AM
LeSquale

That's exactly what I was about to say:
Old 10-22-2009, 09:41 AM
klazeem

Hi guys, just bought me a Tiger Cat..m not personally assembling the plane myself...but m supposed to get everything available to expedite the assembly...need some1's advice on which type of servo to be used on the plane...from the manual it says i need 13 servos...now i'm assuming standard size servos for all (i.e. futaba 3001 -  torque 3.9kg/cm, speed 0.22 sec/60°) for all..but i also heard that i need a more powerful servo for the elevator (i.e. metal gear servo / ultra torque)....can anyone point out if i'm headed in the right direction?....

Old 10-22-2009, 10:40 AM
LeSquale

There are 2 servos for the elevator (one per half) and the requested torque is not that high, so 2 x 4kg/cm is plenty enough. If you need one with more power it will be the rudder one, but 6kg/cm should be enough. Personally, as I will fly electric, I will go with Hitec 5245MG on all control surfaces, but the rudder where I don't what I will install.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:29 AM
ghost.fr

I would do 3010 every where if futaba

if you use a engine synchronizer place 3010 on engine too cause they are precise

good luck on build

ORIGINAL: klazeem

Hi guys, just bought me a Tiger Cat..m not personally assembling the plane myself...but m supposed to get everything available to expedite the assembly...need some1's advice on which type of servo to be used on the plane...from the manual it says i need 13 servos...now i'm assuming standard size servos for all (i.e. futaba 3001 - torque 3.9kg/cm, speed 0.22 sec/60°) for all..but i also heard that i need a more powerful servo for the elevator (i.e. metal gear servo / ultra torque)....can anyone point out if i'm headed in the right direction?....

Old 10-27-2009, 04:49 PM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Hi all Tigercat builders and pilots. The new landing gear retrofits for worm gear drives are available for the KMP Generation 5 retracts. All three gear can be retrofitted by replacing the air cylinders in the retract mechanisms including the nose gear. You can now have a very scale retract operation that is more reliable. The three gear can be plugged into a JR matchbox or something equivelant and either be powered by your on board RX battery, (if the current drain on your RX isn't to high from all the servos) or the matchbox allows you to plug in an external battery that will power the wormgear drives. There is a video of the nosegear operation with the retrofit at Magnumrc.com. http://magnumrc.com/index.php?main_p...products_id=14
Old 11-03-2009, 05:46 PM
Per P

I testflew my Tigercat a few days ago. Unfortunately i wrote the wrong dat in the movie, but it was this last weekend. It flew perfect from the beginning, and I didnt trim so very much.
I'm using O.S Alpha 110 W Pump as powersource, and they do the job very well. I felt no need for more power. Servos are Futaba all over. Well, please have a look at the movie and say what you thought about it =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mE290YLEd_w
Old 11-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Doug D.

I also flew test flew mine on the 1st, It was kinda short flight. I had one engine a little lean, But managed to get it back safely. Im real happy with the way it flies in the Minute flight it had.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:52 AM
klazeem

What do you guys think about using a product called twinsync? can be found at:

http://www.troybuiltmodels.com/items/WRCTWINSYNC.html

Any advice on this?... [8D]
Old 11-04-2009, 03:26 AM
Per P

Any advice on this?... [8D]

I belive this is a great product, but I dont use anything like that on my Tigercat. A very good friend of mine adjusted the engines so they ran perfectly, and then I synked them via the radio, I used the "P.MIX6 CURVE" (Futaba FF9) for the slave-channel. That way I could adjust the rpm on one of the engines to easier synk it with the other one. Works really good!
Old 11-04-2009, 03:57 AM
ghost.fr

I use it ! its a great product, a must have on a twin its a bit hard to set it up but now there is good info about it

its good also because it has a feature to light the glow at start up and during idle time so less chance to stall an engine at low RPM

it also avoid spin when one engine switch off in sky by taking the other one to idle and then gives you the choice to raise the RPM of the left other engine slowly and land

sorry for my bad english ;-)

g

Any advice on this?...[8D]
Old 12-14-2009, 10:46 AM
DavKhy
My Feedback: (2)

I will be purchasing my Tigercat today and hope to get it before Christmas. I have a couple of questions for everyone here. Engines, I have 2 YS 1.2 that I will be rebuilding to put in the Tigercat. Will that be enough power. I have one in a Supersportster 90/120 and it screams. I also will be ordering the Gen 5 retracts. I looked at the Seierra however at $650.00 that is a little above my budget. I would be willing to go with a gas engine but need some recommendation as to which one to use. I talked with Troy Built Models and they recommeded DA-30. That sounded a little strong to me espically since I saw someone on here that had YS 1.2 in his. I would appreciate any suggestion on my questions.

Thanks,

David Bertrand

Old 12-14-2009, 11:02 AM
rcnut101

David,

Either 120 fs will work or Zenoah G-20 are plenty, I have G-20s on mine and it breaks ground in about a 100ft. I also have the gen five retracts. I would recomend the electric ones they now have avalible.

Regaurds
Doug
Old 12-14-2009, 11:09 AM
DavKhy

RCNut101,

Thanks for the reply. I did see the modification for the electric gear, do you have them on your? I saw the video and it sounded like the motor was struggling. I guess you would use a sparate battery for that, even though the information say you can use the receiver/servo battery pack. If you have them, let me know how they work.

David Bertrand
Old 12-14-2009, 12:01 PM
ScaleNVYflyr

I'm looking at puting the RVS 17cc engine in it, thinking it will be the right size .. not too much but enough power too.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:43 PM
Pylon2

I have Zenoah 20's in mine and now had about 60 flights. Mine is fitted with Centurt Jet retracts made for the F7F.

Well done chaps for your test flights.
Richard.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:55 PM
DavKhy

Well its ordered. I got the Sierra landing gear due to the high quality of the gear. I will be using YS 1.20. I have ordered parts to freshen the engines before I put them in the F7F. I think I will be using the TBM sync device and a door sequencer for the gear doors. I think I will end up with Robert wheels and tires, I will be getting the brake hubs for future brakes, if needed. Anyone have any construction suggestions or stuff I should look out for?

Thanks in advance for the assistance,

David Bertrand

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.