Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers
Reload this Page >

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Community
Search
Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 08:55 PM
Freddy!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone NEW Messerschmitt Bf-109G PNP and BNF

My left wing is 3/16 lower than my right wing, my tail is cockeyed and last i have two left hand wheel covers. HELP
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19955.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1292162  
Old 10-10-2009, 10:01 PM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As far as the 3/16ths in the wings, you might check the gear...perhaps its bent abit oddly on one side....

As far as the tail....hmmm...do you mean twisted or does it "hook off" to one side or the other? If so you may want to take it to your dealer and see what he might do for ya.(perhaps an exchange)

And lastly for the gear doors, I've found mine flys abit better without them....you might too. They have a tendancy to drop out of the slots in the wing causing them to turn to one side or the other and acting abit like a rudder, or toeing in or out and you twill have you thinking your elevator is out of trim...I thought I had a bad rudder linkage, but removing the gear doors smoothed out things for me.

Casey
Old 10-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Greg Covey

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Freddy,

I agree with Casey. It is difficult to tell what your issue is from the photo. Pick the plane up and look at it from the front to see the alignment between the wing and tail. If it is aligned, then your gear mains are likely bent a little different. If it is not aligned, check the seating of the wing to make sure that you didn't get a servo lead stuck in one side.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have been pretty impressed with my Bf-109. It looks and flies great! Even the 5-color pilot can be seen in the air! I prefer to fly it without gear and belly land it in grass (or snow). A light hand toss is all it takes to get flying. It looks much more scale in the air and floats in nicely without power. I don't see a need for flaps on this model since it can be flown in a school yard. I agree with Casey about those gear main covers possibly affecting flight. They look nice on the ground but I wouldn't fly with them on. Fortunately, they snap on and off in a jiffy.

flying photos by "Papa Jeff" Ring

Name:	Yw67010.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	1298172   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86983.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1298173   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq37422.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	1298174   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg99190.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	27.7 KB
ID:	1298175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xi60642.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	1298176   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fw26604.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	1298177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38202.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	1298178   Click image for larger version

Name:	Db83774.jpg
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1298179  

Old 10-20-2009, 04:23 AM
Sucka-Lemon

Hey Guys!

I have ordered this plane as a change from 3d flying. I have an mx2 and can fly that pretty well. Do you think this is a good plane to move up to?

Cheers,

Lemon.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:56 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: Greg Covey

Freddy,

I agree with Casey. It is difficult to tell what your issue is from the photo. Pick the plane up and look at it from the front to see the alignment between the wing and tail. If it is aligned, then your gear mains are likely bent a little different. If it is not aligned, check the seating of the wing to make sure that you didn't get a servo lead stuck in one side.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I have been pretty impressed with my Bf-109. It looks and flies great! Even the 5-color pilot can be seen in the air! I prefer to fly it without gear and belly land it in grass (or snow). A light hand toss is all it takes to get flying. It looks much more scale in the air and floats in nicely without power. I don't see a need for flaps on this model since it can be flown in a school yard. I agree with Casey about those gear main covers possibly affecting flight. They look nice on the ground but I wouldn't fly with them on. Fortunately, they snap on and off in a jiffy.
Hi Greg

I am going to fly without the gears since I lost the first one due to wing folded in flight from rough landings. Do you encounter any nasty snap rolls at low speed? DP
Old 10-20-2009, 04:00 PM
Greg Covey

Lemon,

I'm not sure what an MX2 plane is, but if you can fly 3D, you can fly the Bf-109.

DP,

I did not encounter any tendency for the Bf-109 to snap. It simply lowered its nose. That being said, my battery pack was all the way forward in the tray depression. Next time out, I will experiment with moving it back and see what happens. It looks like you can move the pack about 1/2" to fine tune the CG.

Good luck!

Name:	Wu59850.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1298814  
Old 10-24-2009, 02:12 PM
mad web tv scientist

[X(] MESSERSCHMITT!

Sort'a sends chills up your spine, doesn't it!

Check6, love your moniker - instant reminder of the excitement of combat! Yes, the nameless dread provoked by this menacing terror of the sky can surely stun even the most battle hardened veteran!

Having been so pleased with previous PZ warbirds, once I read the specifications on PZ's new 109 I just had to own a gaggle of them! Unless I am taken out first by combat with the forces of evil, I intend
to always own and fly at least one flap and landing gear equipped PZ Messerschmitt.

Thanks to everybody's reporting on the thread my dangerous tendency to tip stall on take off now seems to be cured. I finally realized that my CG was too far back (blush), I should have figured this out after hitting the ground a few times on my untimely aborted take offs. I did manage to get a few good take offs and blamed my troubles on my poor skills and the terrific torque of that beautiful looking and sounding three blade 10.6X7.8 stock prop. I am now in the flying practicing and landing gear tuning phase of my 109 fighter air combat career. Yes, the plane is dead stock except for minor tuning and adjustments that I am still working on. The wheel covers are held straight by a flexible soft steel wire bracing system. The stock ship's performance is quite adequate for my aerobatic warbird needs just as I expected.

The garage combat air patrol 109 version that is also already sporting NAZI SWASTIKA decals, so appropriate for provoking discussions that can be very useful teaching moments, could end up being even more fun than my other landing gear equipped 109 inside the house CAP version once it is mounted for a perfect 12 o'clock high simulated attack on my car as it haplessly enters the garage. I do need to rig flashing lights on the 30 mm cannon and the 13 mm machine guns in order to inspire the kind of terror unique to Messerschmitts before the war is over though.

Sinai, the landing gear system seems to be as perfect for this plane as is possible - no damage to the wing at all in spite of my poor landing skills - YET! I am currently in the process of doing what Willy Messerschmitt should have done to save some of those thousands of landing and take off crashes with the real thing.

Lemon, you are going to love your Messerschmitt - guaranteed - (that is, providing you don't get one that matches your moniker - LOL)! You might want to start off with hand launching first before trying to master missions with landing gear.
Please don't practice ground handling on asphalt! You wouldn't believe how quickly your tires can be ground away on that rough stuff!

Greg, thanks for those good pictures, please keep 'em coming.

glazier, thank you for the tips and those great shots.

Dia Phan, sorry about your disaster. It's good to learn that it has not taken you out of the fight though. My standard carbon fiber tow reinforcement "insurance" has really paid off for me. There are many on line businesses that sell this airplane saving product. I hope more bona fide fighter pilots will use CF and avoid the heart breaking tragedy of totaling their machines.

Okay, lets hear some more situation reports! That's an order airmen! Personally, I am going to be involved mostly with "boring" touch and go (hopefully) flying and won't have a whole lot to say for a while (famous last words).

Oh! I almost forgot. I launched a preemptive attack on cockpit popcorn. I ventilated the structure the same way as reported about the GUNFIGHTER on the P-51 thread. It's also fun to see spectators looking inside to see what is hidden by the otherwise dead wood material.

BEWARE OF THE HUN IN THE SUN!

madwebtvscientist [sm=lol.gif]
[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:37 PM
Greg Covey

We did some more test flying on the Bf-109 today with and without the gear mains. They seemed to work fine on grass. The gear look good on the ground and take-offs but I prefer to hand-toss the plane and fly it without gear.

I'll post a video later this week...

flying photos by "Papa Jeff" Ring

Name:	Ec89153.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1301691   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70537.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	1301692   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99232.jpg
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1301693   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ey70999.jpg
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	1301694   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vs55735.jpg
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	1301695   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52822.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	1301696   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83513.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	1301697   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87086.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1301698  

Old 10-26-2009, 04:21 PM
cjg

Greg, If I had lived through the Battle of France, or the Battle of Britain, I would be ducking and taking cover with those photos!
Old 10-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Greg Covey

cjg,

Thanks for the kind words. I hope to to edit my video tomorrow and will post it soon. Here are a few more photos.

Name:	Pn36417.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	1303216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41973.jpg
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	1303217   Click image for larger version

Name:	Io28736.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	1303218   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uo36827.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1303219   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa34602.jpg
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	1303220  
Old 10-28-2009, 06:34 PM
Greg Covey

For our ParkZone Bf-109 flight testing, the weather was sunny but it was a cool 51 degrees F outside with winds blowing from 10mph to 20mph. Not great conditions for test flying a parkflyer model but it flew well with plenty of power. Team JR's, Devin McGrath, put the Bf-109 through a series of maneuvers to test its agility and power. Flight times were about 10 minutes and we tested both a hand-toss and gear take-off all on the same battery charge.

[link=http://www.gregcovey.com/reviews/ParkZoneBf109.wmv]ParkZone Bf-109 Test Flying Video[/link] (19meg)

In the video, I call the the model an Me-109. Originally the aircraft was designated as Bf 109 by Reichsluftfahrtministerium (German Aviation Ministry, RLM), since the design was submitted by the Bayerische Flugzeugwerke (literally "Bavarian Aircraft Factory") company. However, the company was renamed Messerschmitt AG after July 1938 when Erhard Milch finally allowed Willy Messerschmitt to acquire the company. Subsequently, all Messerschmitt aircraft that originated after that date, such as the Me 210, were to carry the "Me" designation. Despite regulations by the RLM, wartime documents from Messerschmitt AG, RLM and Luftwaffe loss and strength reports continued to use both designations, sometimes even on the same page.

For more history on the Messerschmitt Bf-109, go [link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messerschmitt_Bf_109]here[/link].
Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 AM
jismail

Having a PZ ME109 is a popular choice nowadays so I decided to change mine up a bit to make it stand out a bit more from the others at the field.

This is what I came up with.... It is loosley based on Luftwaffe Ace Franz Stigler's F model from North Africa.

Old 10-29-2009, 05:13 PM
Greg Covey

Very nice! I like it.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:55 PM
mad web tv scientist

mail, Yes, your 109 pictures are beautiful. The original is also beautiful. I had trouble getting away from some PZ 109 admirers after placing it on a counter at a motel I was checking out of recently. It was quite an experience.

I had never thought of a Messerschmitt as "beautiful" before just recently - menacing, sinister, all business, dangerous, fearsome, etc., but not beautiful, until now. I've been studying 109s so much now that my other fighters look "funny." How's that for being imprinted on an airplane's appearance?

Just finished the maiden flight with my beautiful flapless, "retracted landing gear" (tail wheel has been replaced by a fake wheel that looks like that of a retracted 109F tail wheel) and was so thrilled by how it flew and landed with that three bladed prop wind milling slowly as she glided in dead stick that like so many other times I was too weak from the sheer stressful pleasure to run the other three batteries that had been charged for the occasion. I should be able to easily live on the joy of today's pleasures until the next marginal flying condition day manifests itself.

Unlike the embarrassing tip stalling and crashing disasters of the 109 I first finally flew that is now fine tuned and flying nicely with its landing gear and working flaps, today's machine has the CG located slightly forward of that recommended in the "destructions" (LOL) as I also have adjusted into the afore mentioned fighter - no tip stalling at all, just pure flying pleasure! Just to be on the safe side my two hand launches were performed at around 3/4 throttle and a fairly hefty heave for flawless climb outs. I hold the nose of the plane just in front of the wing with a finger under the wing to steady my hold for comfortable left hand launches.

It was too windy for my nervous condition to allow anything more than loops and rolls today.

I hate bad weather!

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Modeling's rendezvous with destiny will surely be unstoppable when something greater than the narcissistic pleasure of an esoteric chosen few is adopted in modeling.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:35 AM
11Hotel

Wish me luck on my maiden tomorrow!
Old 11-02-2009, 10:20 PM
11Hotel

Maiden Report:

So, got everything locked down, plane in the car, batteries all charged.....head out to my favorite flying field. For those in AZ, west side of Phoenix, north of Bell Roaon el Mirage Road at the Agua Fria Wash.

Get her out, DX6i on, DR and Expo already tested, plug battery in (3s 2400 ThunderPower), get the beeps, servo and control surface checks, everything looks good. Taxi downwind, turn her 180 degrees, advance throttle....1/4 moves it along nicely, 1/2 tail is already up, gotta start feeding right rudder, before 3/4 she's off!

That's when I hear the weird sound coming from my plane. I'm fighting the controls, seems like it's really tail-heavy. I thought the forward canards were gonna help, then realize that's my horizontal stabilizer. I land and turn the prop around (it was backwards) and the plane seems to fly in the right direction now.

But the sound continues. Land (that was fun with that narrow gear, and I even bent them forward and out!), let the ESC cool down, fly my T-28 and SC around.

2nd battery, sound continues to come from the plane. Sounds like a WuWuWuWuWuWu....which is a lot better than my last plane which made a sound like F-U, F-U,F-U....

Anyway, gonna try some ESC programming and see if I can ind the problem. 3 flights today, one crash when my cockpit flew off and my battery slipped loose from the strap. Boy, that was fun to try and land. Dinged the wing, nothing more.

If anyone can help me with that sound, please feel free and I appreciate it!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:57 PM
11Hotel

I might have figured out the problem I stated above.

After making sure my ESC was set to the 3-cell LVC setting instead of the 74% setting, I tried again, with the same noise and vibration happening at full throttle.

I once again entered programming mode for the ESC to make sure I didn't screw anything up, but it happened again. These are fresh LiPo's, mind you.

So, I performed the simplest step of all (and the one that all of you would've told me to do first, even though you all would've skipped it! :P ) and changed the prop to one of my Master 3 bladed and it seems fine.

I'll test tomorrow and let you all know how it goes!
Old 11-03-2009, 01:28 AM
mad web tv scientist

Winning fighter in today's conquest of the sky was my newest non-landing gear/flap version of the now very famous PZ 109G putting up a comfortable number of final fine tuned flights. It required the addition of some weight installed in the right wing tip and the CG moved slightly ahead of what the instructions recommend. It's long tail moment and more than adequate power to weight ratio makes it a very pleasant aerobatics performer. It's been hours since the flying session and I am still enjoying the after glow.

The first horizontal figure eight was so neat I acted a little like a Control-Line aerobatics pilot and couldn't resist flying another consecutive figure eight. Even though there was enough of a variable wind to help create distortions in my very favorite square and triangle maneuvers with victory rolls on the flat sides, its very first attempt at these maneuvers were more or less recognizable and easier to fly than they were when performed by the P-51 GUNFIGHTER in the final flights of the day. Another maneuver that I enjoyed with both machines was to recover from inverted flight by pushing the stick forward and completing a half loop to normal level flight at less than full throttle.

Although I love the GUNFIGHTER and its great sounding dead stick diving performance from around 500 feet, it is noticeably faster and smaller than the PZ 109s. The slower, smoother and admittedly subjective majestic flying qualities of the Messerschmitt that are seemingly better felt than told at this point in my fighter pilot career have made them my favorite flying machines.

Today's festivities also included wringing out the little P-51 Front Yard Fighter that managed to get through three sides of the square loop with victory rolls but tip stalled badly on that final corner. I have to iron out some wash in that I had so far not noticed. It can be fun to fly on these calmer days, but it really can't compete with our killer size warbirds.

Please keep those stories and pictures coming! We have a really great thread started here and, we must not stop until the final victory!

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Old 11-03-2009, 08:06 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

jismail,
That is a beautiful, beautiful job on that 109.
What did you paint that with ? Especially that "duck egg blue" or whatever that's called, who'd that come from ?
Well done. Doug
Old 11-03-2009, 10:01 AM
glazier808

a preview of whats to come...

still undecided on upper wing tips...still kinda liked them camo and the yellow is not covering like the greens did...lots more coats to make it right, and of course I still need to finish the chin, spinner, and rear fuse band too.

its loosly based on Bf.109G-2
Unit: 9./JG 54
Serial: 3+~
Pilot - Oblt. Wilhelm Schilling. Siverskaya, Russia, September 1942. He claimed his 40th victories when he flew this aircraft on September 27th, 1942. Two week later he was shot down and seriously wounded. Camouflage: RLM 70/71/65.

made one emblem on printer...not too bad

Name:	Wu59884.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1307231   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ly77862.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	1307232   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec88026.jpg
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	1307233   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85151.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	1307234   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83969.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	1307235  
Old 11-03-2009, 10:18 PM
glazier808

Alittle progress.

Got the spinner and wingtips done, made some more "nose art" from the scheme pulled from WINGS PALETTE. I don't think they turned out all that bad. I just scaled them up before I printed them, covered them in packing tape, cut, and glued to plane lol.

I got in too much of a hurry and tried to tape over the fuse band and the paint pulled...oh well touch ups tomorrow.

Not too bad so far...

Casey

Name:	Zx71010.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	1307608   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96592.jpg
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1307609   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41336.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1307610   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41548.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	1307611   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16540.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	1307612   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql34104.jpg
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1307613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bg92688.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	1307614  
Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 AM
11Hotel

Well, the Master Airscrew I tried was smaller than the original prop for the plane, and the noise and vibration did not occur (I think due to the smaller MAS 3 blade). But, I am still not getting the power and performance out of my 109. I bought a new original prop and the vibration at full throttle and noise came back. I am at a loss.

The prop shaft is straight, the engine appears to be mounted securely (front and back), the spinner and backplate are fine. I'm wondering if the weighted nut is somehow off balance?
Old 11-04-2009, 10:15 AM
glazier808

I was just going to say that its sounding like somethings out of balance, man thats confusing. Best of luck, check the spinner and backplate too.

Casey
Old 11-04-2009, 05:40 PM
mad web tv scientist

Hotel, it turns out that both the stock prop and the spinner are out of balance and are reasonably easy to balance using a magnetic balancer. Like the GUNFIGHTER prop it is possible to balance the prop without ever touching any of the blade area outside of the spinner. I use an electric drill with a 3/32 inch or so drill bit and drill the hub straight along the plane of a prop blade to remove material from the heavy side of the prop. Then carefully fine tune the balancing process by carving material off the leading edge and/or trailing edge of an adjacent blade, being careful to smoothly taper these edges so that they taper into the hub without any loss of strength at the point where the blade and hub meet. I have five of these beauties balanced, and so far haven't needed to use any spares in spite of some serious contacts with the ground.

The great thing about the spinner is that the "TF Top Flite POWER POINT PRECISION MAGNETIC BALANCER" rod fits perfectly through the front of the spinner and the back plate is easily securely centered with the included cones. I put two small scratches on the back plate so it can be located consistently during the balancing process. Before starting it helps to locate the prop in the spinner before making any marks. That way once the spinner is balanced, the balanced prop and spinner will fit together for a perfectly balanced system. I always like to squirt a little highly penetrating super lube on the motor bushings. I have yet to wear out a brushless motor. I will keep trying, I promise.

I forgot about balancing the prop nut until after reading glazier's post. Thanks! I needed that. I just ordered a spare and will proceed to lighten and balance it to be used on my "retracted gear PZ 109" that due to the light fake retracted tail wheel (looks like a Bf 109F with a real retracted tail wheel) could use a little less weight in the nose so I don't have to shift the batteries so much to get the CG right.

Anyway, if the new nut is balanced before I start working on it I won't bother checking my current gaggle of killer 109s since they seem to be performing so well as is.

Yes, I am in love with PZ 109s and am enjoying everything y'all are doing with them.

STAY IN THE FIGHT UNTIL THE INEVITABLE ULTIMATE VICTORY AND SHARE IN THE GLORY!

[sm=cry_smile.gif]

Old 11-04-2009, 08:03 PM
zzz12

Can you help my Messerschmitt bf-1o9g will not loop keeps rolling out at the top of the loop to the right. wing looks ok [&o]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.