Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > 3D Electric Flying!
Reload this Page >

NEW-ParkZone Sukhoi Su-26M-OFFICIAL THREAD

Notices
3D Electric Flying! Discuss all aspects of Electric 3D RC flying here!

NEW-ParkZone Sukhoi Su-26M-OFFICIAL THREAD

Old 03-27-2009, 12:01 AM
stringcheese

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW-ParkZone Sukhoi Su-26M-OFFICIAL THREAD

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/35906

Looks like a winner. Wonder how that 3.7v 110mah is going to hold up. Is this new addition to parkzone actually a brushed motor plane? They need to get into the 21st century.

Vid's here: http://www.horizonhobby.com/ProdInfo...PKZ3580_hi.wmv
Old 03-27-2009, 12:40 AM
stringcheese

Default RE: NEW-ParkZone Sukhoi Su-26M-OFFICIAL THREAD

I accidently put this in the wrong thread. Will a moderator please put it where it belongs. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2009, 12:11 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Any one have one of these little gems yet?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:14 PM
stringcheese

They are not being released until April 20th. 4-20..lol
Old 03-27-2009, 04:28 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

Only a few weeks away!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:18 AM
jettstarblue

Any updates?

I got one and it was not what I expected in several ways.
Underpowered in the extreme.
There was about 5 degrees of up thrust.
Hunts on the pitch axis- binding pushrods? non-centering servos?
The prop touches when anywhere near level and upon almost every landing.
Nose heavy.
Does it fly "like a big plane"? I found that to be more hype than truth. It flies like a little tiny 4 channel plane with not enough power. (after I removed the up thrust and set it a -0-)
I can't believe it was sold to the public like this. Maybe I just got a bad one? The other guy who got one at the same hobby shop still hasn't flown his.
What has anyone else found good or bad?
Old 11-08-2009, 07:32 PM
jettstarblue

Is this in a dead forum? Wrong place?
Anyone?
Old 11-08-2009, 09:04 PM
Revy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess this is the right place.

I just got the BNF myself with a couple extra 120 mAh packs. It was easy to bind and needed a little aileron EPA. It seems 100% is too much. They bound up and locked at full deflection. I set my DX7s EPA at 80% and haven't have them bind up since, but haven't had a chance to fly it...yet.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95932.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	564.8 KB
ID:	1310462  
Old 11-09-2009, 07:59 AM
jettstarblue

I left the ailerons and elevator at 100% the first flight, and it was a 2 minute adrenaline rush, and not the good kind.
The second and third flights, I used low rates, and while it was about right, the plane hunted on the pitch axis, and I could find no binding or reason for them doing so. Servo?

The center of gravity seemed way too far forward, I moved it back by putting a small lead shot at the tail, and it came out about where it should, which still didn't help the fact that the thing has NO POWER. I have four battery pack, all the stock type/size, all perform the same way. Under powered big time.

I cut out and re-glued the motor/gear set up at -0- degrees thrust, since it was no good at + 5 degrees....
Have you checked yours?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
twn

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We found the cg to be waay to far forward too. It took a plastic thumb tack pushed into the tail to get the cg to where the manual says it should be. What is the knife edge like? Watching a buddy fly his suggested the knife edge is terrible.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
jettstarblue

Knife edge?!?
Terrible. Not enough power. I moved the CG back to 34mm, I haven't flown it again.
I may cut the prop down a little, or try a GWS prop.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM
Jezmo

Not sure what your flying skill is but if you are an accomplished 3D'er then set the CG at 37mm. Obviously try to get it there by moving the battery back (trim the fuse as necessary), cut away any excess glue from the motor mount area, (usually plenty too much) throw the wire landing gear away as it's just more weight and move the contol rods to the inner hole on the horns. It doesn't have enough thrust to pull out of a hover but it will maintain one. You just have to rock it over and fly out. It will harrier just OK (wing rock) but does rolling harriers pretty decent for something this small. There is a pretty big thread going over on the other *cgroups site. Lot's of good info like prop choices etc. If you move the CG back this far and put the control rods all the way in you will need lots of expo. We run 50% on the rudder and ailerons and 70% on the elev.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:48 AM
jettstarblue

Thanks! I may get this this to fly right yet. It's the worst plane (RTF) I have ever encountered.
Maybe I just got a bad one?
There is NO WAY this thing will hover, or even close. It doesn't have enough power to stay in the air for more than a minute, and that's with a good heave for intial altittude.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:56 PM
lowslow

How can Parkzone/Horizon possibly feel o.k. about telling everyone this is 3D capable? They need to recall these and try again. I for one am taking mine back for a refund and suggest everyone do the same. For the money they may make short term they will hurt their reputation long term and the other products I have from them have been good. I don't want to be an experiment!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:30 AM
jettstarblue

That's what I was trying to say. Mine is NOT even close to 3-D capable. The motor was mounted with upthrust (come on!) and in general, it does not "fly like a larger plane".

I have other products from this company, (all good) but this one is so bad, I feel like I have been ripped off.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Cleared2Engage

Try replacing the stock prop with the GWS 5043. You can either use Gws's prop adapter or the 1.5mm prop adapter from e-flite like I did. The difference is night and day. It did make hovering just a little bit easier. It doesn't really knife edge all that well, but it'll crab walk on its side fine. How much expo do you guys have programmed in it? I'm using about 50% and it feels like some of my bigger planes, but responds faster. I also don't remember them advertising this as a full fledged 3D machine. I remember seeing it flown on their videos and described as an aerobatic plane. There is another thread on RCU in the micro flyer forum. Those guys have done just about every upgrade imaginable.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Jezmo

ORIGINAL: jettstarblue

Thanks! I may get this this to fly right yet. It's the worst plane (RTF) I have ever encountered.
Maybe I just got a bad one?
There is NO WAY this thing will hover, or even close. It doesn't have enough power to stay in the air for more than a minute, and that's with a good heave for intial altittude.
Mine, on a 140 mah battery, will fly for over 10 mins doing mild aerobatics. (If I run a lot of full throttle then flight times come down but it's still close to 10 mins even then.) If you have watched the video ParkZone has of it flying in the gym then you have seen how mine flies. It sure sounds like something is wrong with yours, maybe the charger is bad and not fully charging? I would definitely return it for exchange because something isn't right. We have several folks at our field with them and all fly good. Most of the guys just do mild aerobatics like loops and rolls and stuff but they all have very good power compared to what you are describing. Hope you get it figured out because they cool little planes when they are right.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:09 AM
Revy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I flew mine tonight with Jezmo's mods and what a difference! I added some packing tape cut into long strips to seal the hinge gaps on all the control surfaces. I was actually able to get a circuit and a bit inverted. I am still working on advancing my skill set, this lil guy kinda forces the issue. I chased it for a while then figured out how far to ease back on the throttle and put it where I wanted to towards the end of the night. AoA is vital at slower speeds but can be maintained smoothly once I got the hang of it. Still needs a little more rudder authority, imo. One tough lil bugger too!
Old 11-14-2009, 08:52 AM
jettstarblue

I suspect mine has a power problem. It does seem waaay underpowered compared to all the reports, and I am a guy who normally "flies the wing" not the prop.

I am not happy about doing mods right out of the box, especially at the price this little bugger cost.

I have looked at all the tips and mod folks make, I was just hoping that when I bought this thing, it was something I could get back into aerobatics with, easy and cheap....guess not.
I have built better performing electrics for under 20 dollars with a can motor and foam.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:25 PM
lowslow

Here's the problem, they advertise 3D, they say it's amazing, they act like Quique uses one to practice with. I would think by now that Horizon knows what is 3D capable and other than typical setup and trimming this thing should fly alot better right out of the box, as advertised.....
Old 11-14-2009, 07:46 PM
Cleared2Engage

I was just looking over the videos on Horizons website as well as the description. I didn't see anything about them advertising this model as 3D capable. From the videos and their descriptions its safe to say that it's aerobatic. It's also not ideal for low stick time pilots. If you want it to do 3D then that's when the mods come into play. Or just get the mini 4-site when it comes out.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:58 PM
jettstarblue

Mine flies like a barn door with the prop on backwards.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:10 PM
Cleared2Engage

Jett, are you using the AA batteries that came with the plane? Those are good for a few charges then they die. If you haven't already, try some fresh alkalines like duracell or whatever.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:21 AM
lowslow

If you change the prop,adjust the motor angle, use a diffrent battery,swap the stock wings out, add weight to the tail and reset the incidence it fly's great!
Old 11-15-2009, 06:40 PM
jettstarblue

Yes, just change everything and it will fly great, and ParkZone gets my hundred bucks.[&o]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.